2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Had a front row seat to this complete shit show last night. My wife, who knows nothing of hockey and had no idea that the Isles are a bad team, was mocking them from the get-go at how bad they looked. Truly an f'ing disaster of a team right now.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

They are a bad team, with a terrible system. I think the players are frustrated with everything!

Too bad, I thought they would take a bigger step, especially with the younger guys being given more playing time, they look lost.

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Only way out of this is a major housecleaning. As long as dumb(Snow) and dumber(Capuano) remain this organization will remain a POS.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

WOW shocking another loss today to the Sharks,,,this team is not as bad as the record but make no mistake they need a few bodies to add leadership talent and scoring ,,,,this said the Coach and the GM are just plain horrible !!!!
    Problem is we are supposed to be happy with mediocrity or a first round playoff win , when the big picture is about winning the Stanley Cup ! I cannot believe that these new owners are as bad as the previous ones but apparently they are ! How in the world is the coach still employed ? Or the GM ? The owners MUST come out of hiding and make a statement,,,fans are fed up!!! I cannot tell you how many tickets I have been offered and I have not gone to a game yet this year !
    This organization does not need a bandaid they hemorrhaging !!!! Clean house top to bottom and put a product out there that we can be proud of and that can compete! I am not sure who is worse right now the Islanders or the Jets but they both suck ass right now !

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So the Florida Panthers can fire Gallant but we are still stuck with Cappy ? simply amazing that this guy and Garth Snow are still employed !

6. Red Menace

The difference is that the GM and the HC of the Panthers are good at their jobs. This was a decision made by people who know nothing about hockey.

I bet Gerard won't be out of a job for too long.

Panthers have a lot of injuries to their top players, that's why their just average. The isles on the other hand have all of their players and stink.

Snow definitely stinks, how is that Casey Cizikas signing turning out? I would have fired Snow because he dished out all that money for a fourth line player, when he should have resigned Okposo and signed Ladd as FA.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace one day you and I are going to sit down and have a drink together ! That said yes the Panthers are ridiculously banged up and missing guys to start the season, that said look at the run they went on last year and the season they had yet the coach gets fired ! We were lucky to beat them last year in the playoffs ( ps I was at the OT game in Florida ) as they are a very young team and I wish we had they're roster!!!

Red Menace likes this.
  8. Red Menace

Let's do it. Did you see Strome was a healthy scratch for 2 games? Even though he has been playing well, he gets scratched but Bailey is still the left wing on the first line!

Capuano has it out for Strome and will not develope this kid the way he should.

Strome was equally unsure of his relationship with Capuano. “I think (it’s good), I don’t know,” he said. “Maybe ask him.”

Ladd is now playing on the 3rd line, he can't unseat the 12 goals a year Bailey on the left side of JT.....bwahahaha.

You can't make this up!

#768 Red Menace, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I was honestly hoping they would lose to the flames tonight and they almost did,,,I cannot believe that this is what it has come to with my Jets and Islanders,,,,I want both of the coaches gone and the both GMS including Mac,,,,,,this is sickening

JetBlue likes this.
  10. JetBlue

This team never ceases to amaze me.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

But then, . suddenly, the fish started biting... . ; -)

Flames
    Pittsburgh
    Captials

[​IMG]

12. Red Menace

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, I don't buy it, they played well, but they gave up a 3-0 lead against the Pens and were how many posts away from Ovie having another 2 goal game?

It worked out for them but they are still sloppy on offense and defense and it's just a matter of games before they go back to losing.

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  14. Red Menace

I like this a lot, Snow and Capuano are in the way out. The beginning of the end has begun for them.

Ladd telling Jack to stop moving things around, unreal how a longtime Coach still has not learned to stick with his lines and let them build chemistry.

Thanks for this link.

CBG likes this.
  15. JetBlue

As frustrating as it's been as fans who have known a change has been needed, I understand new ownership not wanting to completely shake up the organization at the start since the team has been successful. That's reasonable. Hopefully they are ready to move past that at this point.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Too easily impressed Joey. Flames are garbage and the Isles barely won at home, they always step their game up against Pittsburgh, and I doubt you'll see Washington go 0 for 6 on the PP again against this team.

Tavares says I'll see ya in Toronto

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

BREAK UP THE ISLES,,,,,good news is they have beaten some good teams on this run,,,bad news is Cappy sticks around while they win,,,,,,,but always good to beat the Rangers ,,Halak stood on his head in the first period

matt robinson 17 and Red Menace like this.
  18. Red Menace

That formula does not work, it's just the law of averages, it will go against them eventually. They let their goalie get peppered every game.

They still are making bad changes, taking terrible penalties. Letting the other team play too long in their defensive zone. Can't get the puck out of their side of the ice with speed.

It's like professional pick up hockey.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Halak beats Hank like a drum

20. Red Menace

Peaks and Valleys, it's part of the cycle of a long season. At the end of the year this game will not mean a thing as the isles will be in the basement and the Rangers will be fighting for the top seed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.