2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I give him a little credit for the young talent they have acquired, the biggest problem is the HC, he just does not know how to develope young players.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THE PLAYERS need to shoot the puck , pass the puck ,get it in the net, play defense , stop the puck from going in their net and a host of other things but can we please get CAPPY out of here so we can begin the process of doing the above ? Fire him already,,,,,lets get this season under way as there are still a ton of games left ,,,ps can we also get a body or 2 here that can play with JT and the other fellas ?

Red Menace likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

How many more games do they have to lose before they fire Cappy? enough already cut the cord !

Red Menace likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

MAYBE Isles fans get their wish,,,,did anyone see Cappys press conference ? basically said we lost 134 pts with the guys that are gone and we need to replace that,,,,,,,a shot at the GM ? I think so,,,,,,they are talking about it on NHL network right now,,,,,all said happy was out of line and should talk to snow not air it out,,,,,I hope it gets him fired sooner than later as This guy just said he cant coach em up,,,,,,,,something me and Menace and others have known all along

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Red Menace

They lost another one, the Chimera signing was a disaster, the guy is done, Bailey is terrible and for some reason Capuano keeps on trotting him out there.

This is a bad team with one all star, young guys look lost, does not seem like they are going to get going this year.

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Meance I think they could get going but they need to change the coach and add a body or 2,,,,,,I cannot believe who he trotted out there tonight in the shootout,,simply amazing
    Bailey is stallion our top line unreal,,,,,me or you could score playing next to JT but not this guy.
    ps If I were JT I would go to ownership and tell them changes must be made or I will be outta here,,I want to see changes and commitment or Im gone,,,,poor guy is great and has zero supporting cast

Red Menace likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Can we fire Fred Flinstone already? Enough is enough

Red Menace likes this.
  8. Red Menace

Bailey once again a non factor on the first line.

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Clean house already. Snow is a POS GM and Caps is a POS HC.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

WWhat a bad loss,,when exactly do we fire cappy? how much more of this much we endure ?

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

another loss and Cappy and Snow are still employed simply amazing,,,,they gotta go

Red Menace likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

HE finally has Strome skating with JT but sadly they both must play with Bailey,,,,,,,Pitt is coming of a spanking by the Caps , I fully expect a loss I don't care how " spirited " the Islander Practices have been in your eyes Cappy !
    ps can we fire this guy after tonights loss ?

Red Menace likes this.
  13. Red Menace

The problem with Capuano is his lack of patience with the lines he puts together. If they don't produce in one period he changes them.

He has always moved his around too quickly. No one can establish rhythm with a fellow line mate.

Other than Bailey, he needs to be off an NHL roster. He is a minor league player and should be reassigned ASAP.

Andrew Ladd is drowning in this system, he was given a lot of money and he is nowhere to be found. If that is not an indictment on Capuano then I don't know what else to say.

CBG, we have to endure, I don't believe he will be fired.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace,,,,we have dropped 6 out of 7 and the win was against the Canucks,,,,have faith he will get shit canned just a matter of when. I have little doubt that we are going to lose this game its 2-2 in the 3rd but trust me this is a loss. I turned down tix for tonight and a few other games as well , I just cannot watch this thing in person its hard enough on tv . The Jets and this team ohhhh what a painful year

JetBlue and Red Menace like this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

YEP,,,,as I was saying ,3-2 loss and as of this morning Snow and Cappy still employed,,amazing ! I guess these owners want us to watch a little more of this ?

Red Menace likes this.
  16. Red Menace

Did you see the interview from Snow on NHL.com? He is not worried about a thing and he said Capuano is going nowhere.

Wow! We are staying at the bottom for a while again.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I did not see it but read the quotes scary ,,,,the owners will have to make an appearance soon

Red Menace likes this.
  18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Not a Cappy fan but Snow has done a horrendous job with building this team. You have to jettison Snow first.

Red Menace likes this.
  19. Red Menace

I believe they have some talent, Strome, should be playing center and Capuano is still forcing him to play wing, Anders Lee is incredible in front of the net.

Leddy is one of the better puck carrying defenseman in the league. Boychuck is good in his role.

JT is who he is, Andrew Ladd has proven to be a very productive player. Brock Nelson is not a physical player but when allowed to play offense he can score.

There are some pieces on the team, but they are not being used correctly from my perspective. This should be a run and gun offensive style team like the Rangers are now.

Let the young thoroughbreds skate, this dump and chase after the puck system that they are using is an old and not productive with this team, Capuano is a defense first type of coach and he got away with it when he had Franz and Okposo, not going to get it done with this roster.

The only one who they should have gotten rid of already is Josh Bailey, he must have pictures of Capps with an animal or something because he does not belong in the NHL, he is living on a reputation of potential that will never be fulfilled.

My biggest criticism of Snow is his signing of role players like czikas and not using that money on better 1st and 2nd line players.

CBG likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

these guys are still employed huh ? thats amazing maybe I SHOULD SEE IF THE iSLANDER ORGANIZATION IS HIRING IT APPEARS that it is a job that one can hold for life no matter how bad you are at it !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.