2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

New ownership might not stand for a bad season or bad start for that matter, the league saw what the Penguins did last year after firing their HC half way through the season. It would not surprise me if more than one team including the isles fire their HC mid season if team is off to slow start.

Should I hope for a bad start just so Capuano can get fired?

Pa patentaeu is back, seriously, what is Snow thinking? Unless he plans on playing him in Martins spot. Other than that he is not worthy of playing on any other line.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I think Cap getting the axe mid season is the likely outcome to this off season. Of course, if he can get this team playing winning hockey we may have underestimated him, even if we doubt he is likely to ever to lead this team to the Cup.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jason Chimera had a career year at 36 for the President's Trophy winning Capitals. Unfortunately, known for his speed, he was invisible in the 2nd Round series where the Penguins eliminated the Caps. 37 now, and signed to a 2-year deal, not sure how he will do for the Islanders. Highly doubtful he does what he did last year, but hopefully he is still a productive 3rd or 4th line player. He was a Cap for 7 years I think. Caps home opener is against the Isles. I'll be happy to see him. I wish him good luck.

Red Menace likes this.
  4. Red Menace

I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate what they have accomplished, because I do. Im of the opinion that he is not capable of blending and developing the young players which in turn will help this team to reach the next level.

5. Red Menace

He is going to be a fill in for Brian Strait, no way he sees time on the 1st or 2nd line, PP maybe. If he starts to take away minutes from young players it shows that this admin has no idea how to develope their young players.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Okposo out, Ladd in. Good player, but I like Okposo more because he's younger, why not give him that coin?

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Kucherov ? I sure hope this happens I love this guy and rumors are flying

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thank goodness Hockey season is back because football is just about over except for draft kings and fantasy football !
    Islanders vs Rangers tonight it does not get better than this,,,,,drop the puck !

MJK, Petrozza, JetBlue and 2 others like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

just too tired to go tonight but I will watch it at home,,,,,,Isles got a good win in OT hopefully they get on the right track

10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

went to see them last night against the Wild... pretty good game but too many empty seats

11. Red Menace

Most average fans just don't have $400 to spend on sports anymore.

It's not a treat like it used to be, I would rather keep my money In my pocket instead of making someone else wealthy.

JetBlue and matt robinson 17 like this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I go to a few games in Brooklyn each year ,,,,tix prices are not bad,,,I just wish the product would get better and as long as Cappy is coach I cant see them taking the next step. He just has not developed the young guys in fact in some cases he has in my eyes held them back !

Red Menace likes this.
  13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

It's not just Caps it's Snow who has to go as well. They will never get to the next level with these 2 running the show. I do think that unlike that POS Wang the new owners actually care about the team. They spent 548 million to buy them and their is no big real estate deal attached to the team like there was at Nassau. Gut feeling if the team falters both Snow and Caps will be gone.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  14. Red Menace

Noticed that he is playing Strome in his natural position of center, I can't believe it took him that long to put him back.

I also see Josh Bailey is still waiting to fulfill his potential after 8 years in the NHL. Capuano insist on playing Bailey next to JT but that experiment has already failed when he played next to him for a whole season and only scored 15 goals because bailey is not a finisher.

He reminds me of TB a little bit where he would rather go with the veteran average player who is a known commodity as opposed to letting the young and inexperienced player who has a higher ceiling.

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Snow is definitely a huge part of this,,,,I dislike him and Cappy equally . I hope you are correct about the new owners but personally I would NOT have given Cappy another year , I have seen enough. If I were the new owners I would have blown it up as soon as we were done last year . It would breath some new life into the team and fanbase and it would stop putting off the inevitable because they will both get fired sooner or later might's well do it sooner and get this thing rolling again.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I know that the Cappy countdown will begin one of these days,,,,,is tonight the night or is it too soon ?

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Prince all the ice tonight in his first game back,,,,ps why did they have Bailey on the ice with 5 minutes to go on the power play I have seen enough!

Red Menace likes this.
  18. Red Menace

Little by little this team is giving up on Crapuano, it's just a matter of time before they just shut him out completely.

The veterans are not responding to his style of coaching. Andrew Ladd was put on the 4th line, definitely not going to garner any support from him.

Snow is smart enough to see the writing on the wall with this team and their HC, he
    needs to make a move and replace Crapuano before it's too late.

CBG likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

your lips to the owners ears!

20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Snow smart? He is the biggest problem. The roster just isn't good enough. For all the years we have been "rebuilding" this team should be a SC contender by now instead they have regressed and might not make the playoffs. Capuano probably will take the fall and soon if things don't turn around but the new owners need to clean house and bring in a real GM and HC to run the show.

Red Menace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.