2012 Around the League thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Yisman, Mar 27, 2012.

1. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Marlins are a disaster. City of Miami should sue Loria for robbing it.

2. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

Miami. The game does not change. Just the players

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Jeffrey Loria is a disgrace to Baseball, robbing Miami of millions of dollars and then fire selling the team to make a huge profit. Bud Selig needs to force Loria to sell the team to someone who cares about the fans and the team instead of making money and publicity.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I don't know if contracted but MLB should start stepping in forcing owners to sell just like they did with McCourt. Loria has been a conman since the day he sold the Expos to MLB. Of course he took one for the team so Selig will turn a blind eye to this bullshit. I couldn't imagine rooting for this pile of shit yet somehow they have 2 more WS Titles then the Mets over the last 25 years.

Saw this guy and thought of a funny story, Adeiny Hechavarria

He was in Las Vegas during the early part of the season in AAA and as part of our Little League our team took the field with the 51's. My son went to shortstop with Hachavaria for the National Anthem. Now my son was 4 at the time and when he came back to me he said to me that he wanted to be just like his guy... I said oh is he a good player and my son said no, he sang the national anthem in Spanish.

5. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

IMO Loria deserves enough patience to see what he does with this offseason. If the Marlins sign some good players then the trade makes total sense (replace bad contracts with more bad contracts and gain some prospects in the process). But if the Marlins fail to sign at least one player to more than $5 million then Loria needs to be dragged and quartered to death.

6. Barry the Baptist

Let's be honest...what has Loria done to make you think this is going to happen? The guy is a swindler. Even if they trade for Arod what are they going to give up? Stanton? Even adding Arod does nothing but add another bloated contract.

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Loria does this over and over again. He's a scam artist.

8. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

A-Rod would only cost a couple of mid-level prospects at most, depending on how much money the Yankees ate.

I'm just saying that every owner deserves the benefit of the doubt especially given that the Marlins' 2011 offseason spending spree was unprecedented, the team is just in its second year at the new stadium, and that Loria literally won't be able to show his face in public after these antics.

9. Barry the Baptist

He does not deserve the benefit of the doubt, the guy has been offloading his best players for years. Yes he spent money last year but that was only because he had to, the team moved into a new stadium. He has the excuse that they finished in last place but anybody who didn't see this coming (maybe not all at once) is blind. They only have 2 of their opening day starters from last year remaining...Stanton (who I think will demand to be traded) and Logan Morrison who isn't good enough to demand anything.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

^ exactly. This is not Loria's first rodeo. He has a history here.

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It was more or less a con job, and a premeditated con job too considering how much they backloaded the contracts. You'd think they would frontload the deal expecting a lot of money in year one, but no they backloaded them because they knew they would never be paying those years. They just got the players and created buzz to get the new stadium, then offloaded them the first chance they got. It's why they never give out no-trades and why Pujols didn't want anything to do with that weasel.

12. Barry the Baptist

That's such an outstanding point, I never even thought of that. The guy is a scumbag and has no business ever owning an American prosports team.

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/12516/the-20-most-depressing-pirates-facts-of-2012

also:

http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/14116/keys-to-the-playoffs-for-all-8-mlb-playoff-teams

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Nationals signed Dan Haren.

Curious decision because they have a pretty strong rotation anyway. They need another front line starter? The salaries...

15. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

If you're going to spend your money on anything it should be front line starters. You can NEVER have too many of those.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Dodgers signed Greinke

17. Barry the Baptist

Wow.....Josh Hamilton to the Angels!!! Pujols and Hamilton in the same lineup. Throw in Trumbo and Trout. Scary

18. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Fucking Red Sox. I didn't want Hamilton necessarily, but if all it took was 5 years, $125 they should have jumped on it.

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Angels never learn.

20. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see Nolan Ryan's wtf face when Hamilton smashes a 420 footer in Arlington.