2011 Fatcesa thread (Jets related only) - Revis owns fatty on 10/21/2011

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Until the Jets win a few Super Bowls it's the Giants' town.

Gotta just take it.

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Well a couple of things here. Point to actual plays that showed it was Rex? What does that mean?

All i know is that the Giants collapsed two years in a row and were well on their way to doing it again. If you recall, the previous week they got their heads handed to them by the Washington Redskins.

And it wasnt things Rex said in preseason? He said it all week before the game. All week before the game.

Did the Giants play the game of their life? Not at all..but that game is the game their horrendous defense turned it on and never stopped. Many Giants said after that game Rex got them fired up.

From that game on..the Giants just got better and better...no?

3. Jerricholic89

Jerricholic89 Member

Yes, Rex got the giants so fired up that he completed 9 passes in the whole game. Thats right nine passes. The Jets lost two games this year when the opposition only completed nine passes, Denver and the Giants. And another where the opposition only completed 10 passes. That is on Sanchez, if he is even an average qb we win those games.

4. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

That was an awful game plan..60+ drop backs.

5. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Sorry, your "Rex's fault" explanation is just cliches
    You still haven't told me what Rex said all week that wasn't in the book
    IIRC, Giants were panicked that they were going to lose
    Thee "fired up" bull shit made for good press after the game

As for pointing to actual plays, if you read my post, you know exactly what I meant. The Jets lost that game more than the Giants won it

If you want to pile on to the media bullshit over Rex you can. I'm more concerned about what he's going to do in the future, than piling on him, on the day of the Giants parade, when Giants' media bullshit is at its highest, for things he didn't do

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I agree. It had nothing to do with Rex. Do you really think the Giants were somehow more motivated against the Jets than the Redskins? Of course not. They had tons of injuries and many people were just coming back around to health for that game, and they only got better as the year went on. People just like to blame Rex for everything because "he talks" So what.

7. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
    Francesa on @WFAN660 incapable of praising Giants without ripping Jets. Clearly, Rex is in his head. #beajournalist

8. Endlessly Counting

Great point Rich Cimini

Only thing is, you're not any better

Pot calling the kettle black scenario

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Giants sucked in that game anyway. A halfway competent Jets offense beats the Giants handily in that game (and if Eric Smith knew how to tackle).

10. Endlessly Counting

Nailed it

We at TGG must keep the truth alive before it disappears
    or in 20 years, the "Rex's fault" story will be up there with
    "The Mets won the World Series when the ball went through Buckner's legs"
    crowd

11. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Francesa just now

'Giant fans, you don't have to knock peyton manning to praise eli!'

pot, call kettle black, lol

12. jaywayne12

So the bottom line is you get off rooting for a coach that shouts out every year that he has the best team and that his team will win the Superbowl...hey..thats cool....just chill out when others might have a different opinion that his constant rant makes it more difficult on his own team...week in and week out.

If you dont understand that..lets cut the conversation right there. You like your coach beating his chest...i dont.

13. jaywayne12

No they didnt. They had that game lost already at that point. Because you have your beliefs on who Rex is..once again..thats cool...but you can write your own history the way you believe it to be..and other can do the same.

14. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Nice sig, hope I'm right.

15. jaywayne12

The bolded part...why does Rex need to shut up and let it slide by? What did he do wrong that he needs to be quiet now? You claim its not Rex..its the media and all of us followers.

Im not buying any hype...speak for yourself with all due repsect. I have been saying this whole year the same thing...over and over:

I love Rex...I think he has incredible pluses. His mouth...he needs to control his mouth. After he wins the Superbowl for the Jets..he can go to the top of the Empire State Building and shout how great he is for the next 5 months.

Its kind of insulting to say people that disagree with Rexs mouth buy into the hype.

16. Endlessly Counting

Hey Jaywayne

I've been reading your responses
    You clearly aren't getting what I'm saying
    but you seem to be getting upset, so I'll stop responding to you

17. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

At this point, I'm done giving a shit whether anyone thinks it's a Giants town or not. All I want is for the Jets to give me a SB Victory, Championship, and Parade in my lifetime. JUST ONE! THAT'S ALL I ASK! :sad:

#3757 Braylon4ever, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  18. jaywayne12

So lets talk. Im getting upset because, correct me if Im wrong, you are labeling people that think Rexs mouth has made life a lot tougher for the Jets as followers. That does get me a bit riled...and if Im getting a bit testy with you...sorry..not my intentions. But do you follow how that might piss someone off?

With that said, I do hear what you are saying. You are basically saying that nothing Rex said the week before the game had anything to do with the Giants beating the Jets. The Jets beat themselves. Schotty called a horrible game. I am listening.

While I partially agree with you that the Giants did not come out that day with fire in their eyes and destroy the Jets, I do believe they just got better and better starting with that game. I do not agree that Rexs mouth that week was standard Rex. Even Mara...who rarely says squat...was pissed with Rex that week. If Rex went to church every day that week and had a code of silence caused the Jets to win that game? I have no idea.

I just firmly believe that Rex had a qb who was struggling..an OC who sucked...a defense that was clearly not the same...and was playing a team that was entering their 3rd straight choke season on the ropes..and decided that week to continue blabbing about this being a Jet town. The timing sucked.

Once again...I love Rex. I do. Nothing would make me happier if he is the guy that breaks the spell. Nothing. Im dying to see which Rex Ryan shows up next year..and if he tones it down just a bit.

Wasnt trying to start any crap with you..just hope you understand why your post got just a bit under my skin.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Teams don't play better because of "Rex's Mouth" That's bull shit, I don't buy it.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That's about it, man. Stop with the talk and let's start winning. All else is bullshit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.