2010 TGG Fantasy Keeper League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by ShAuN JoHN 9294, Mar 16, 2010.

1. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

Anyone interested in starting a TGG fantasy keeper league? If so I'll set it up and my only 2 requests is that its a yahoo league and you remain active. Not in the sense that you HAVE to make a bunch of pick ups/trades but you MUST set your own line ups and if someone tears an ACL you pick up someone else. If people do not set line ups/make injury adjustments, it hurts the league and from what I read in the other thread that happened last year. To fix that problem all that needs to be done is to replace the manager. On yahoo, which i prefer over ESPN, it takes less then 24 hours to make it the change.

I'm open to any suggestions in terms of scoring system, if we should have IDP or not, and if you want to have a unique league like actually controlling a team. Example say manager X wants to draft the Colts or Jets they would have the entire teams roster. I think that's important and helps to keep everyone active by everyone having input since its not necessarily my league but OUR league. If the league is filled up and there are people who missed out, basically you would be on a waiting list and you enter the league to replace an inactive manager. First come first served basis so reply if interested.

#1 ShAuN JoHN 9294, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I'm in, I've been playing Yahoo FF every year since 2004.

In all those years and games I've never played a keeper league and would love to.

The closer we get to starting the season the more people will get interested in this.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm in too, I've been using Yahoo for years and have been trying to convince my friends to do a keeper.

For some reason they're squeamish.

4. quadcityjetsfan76

I know it's early, but I am in. Send me the info as soon as you have it. I don't skip out on Fantasy Sports.

5. quadcityjetsfan76

Will this be a first come, first served deal, or will you pick and choose the participants?

6. Nomad

Nomad Member

I'm interested as well, leave me a message if you end up starting one and have room.

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Haven't done a yahoo league in a while, but what the hell. I'm in!

8. skeleton_frames

I'd totally be in. Would be awesome to be in another keeper league.

9. ShAuN JoHN 9294

Sounds good guys happy to get it started. Its a first come first serve basis so all of you will be included. I'm on vacation right now and will be arriving back in new york tomorrow. Ill follow up again tomorrow with more information. Thanks for participating.

10. ShAuN JoHN 9294

Unfortunately at this time, I can't start a fantasy football league on yahoo yet because it is too early but lets talk about what kind of league we would like it to be. So far all that has been decided is that its going to be a keeper league. What should be the maximum amount of managers we have playing in our league? Do you guys want to play with individual defensive players or team defenses? And if we vote on team defenses, should we also include return stats for team defenses or go with individual players? Which stats should score points for your team such as completions, receptions, individual return stats, etc? When should the draft take place? Feel free to throw out any suggestions.

If there are any ties on voted changes from now until the start of the draft on any decisions, I will be the tiebreaker. I can't wait until football starts!!!!!!!

11. MadBacker Prime

I think at least 10 managers-
    Definitely include return yards and td's

I've never been in a league with individual defensive players but I've always wanted to give it a try. That would really open up the trading. Maybe 1 LB and 1 CB + team, if that's possible.

Number of keepers I guess would depend on if we are including defensive players. Keeping it low I think would be better long term for the league.

4 maybe??

Those are my votes, I don't care either way. I've always played with non-Jet fans so this should be interesting.

12. ShAuN JoHN 9294

I agree with you on the number of managers, at least 10. I think the keeper count depends on if we have IDPs or not. My friend played with IDPs last year and it was pretty standard with 3 or 4 DLs 3 or 4 LBs 2 CBs and 2 Ss. I know we can't have IDP along with having a team defense so its either one or the other. I'm in favor of using IDP because, just like you, I'm very interested in playing that style of FF. A lot of people like it because it takes more strategy.

If we all decide to go the IDP route, some individual players would have return stats such as say a Leon Washington and a Josh Cribbs. That would increase the value of some players. I played with individual return stats last year so I'll make sure to adjust the scoring system if we vote it in. This way a Reggie Bush or a Josh Cribbs will produce slightly more but still aren't more valuable then a Adrian Peterson or a Andre Johnson just because the player has return stats.

I like the fact that this won't be your standard league, unless of course every one wants it to be. However, I think leagues with this potential set up and scoring system keep managers more interested and active. There is so much more strategy that goes along with just plugging in your players because now you have to consider IDP, if we decide to go that route. Also some individual player may go slightly higher in the draft because they double up as kick/punt returners.

13. Nomad

Nomad Member

I think 10-12 managers would be good for a league. I don't know about that many IDPs, 10-12 is alot. 2 DL, 2LB, 2 DB seem good to me. There are only 7-8 offensive players usually starting, so 6 defensive isn't bad.

For return yards if you really want team only I think you can set the options for team defense, remove all the defensive points and use only return yards. I would think that individual return points would be better, but they have to be looked at well. Last year I had Cribbs on my team and he was a starter for me and I think he finished around 5th or 6th for all WRs because of the yards, without them he wouldnt have been a starter if he even was on a team.

14. MadBacker Prime

We had the same thing with the return yards, and TD's. I think we should definitely get points for return TD's too.

The problem we had last year was the commish set it up with too many points for every 10 yards.

6 IDP's sounds good, as long as I get Revis.

15. ShAuN JoHN 9294

Cool I'm in agreement with the 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB format and definitely in agreement with points for return TDs. How can a player/team not get credited for scoring? Interesting point made by Nomad stating we can go team defense and just turn off any defensive points and basically turn team defense into special teams. What do you guys like better, individual return stats for players or turning team defense into special teams? I'm not sure which I like better as of right now but definitely something to think about.

16. skeleton_frames

I like the idea of team defence turning into special teams. Takes a whole unit to get the ball to the house.

Ask Chad Morton.

17. MadBacker Prime

I still like them separate-

IDP's

Scoring for return yards and TD's

Combining defense and ST all in one will take a lot of fun out of pretty much everything.

The draft, trades, and the handling the bye week.

18. ShAuN JoHN 9294

Not trying to speak for skeleton frames, but I think he ment to have IDPs and all special team stats, like return yards and TDs, would be on a team defense. Not sure if that's possible to have both IDPs AND team defense in the same league but its interesting.

If that is possible, offensive players would only contribute offensive stats, defensive players would only contribute defensive only stats, and team defenses would only contribute special team stats. Sounds cool but again not sure if its possible.

19. Nomad

Nomad Member

This is how one league I was in had it setup, but sometimes they change things year to year so it could be different this year.

20. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I would be IN for this as well.