2010 TGG 3 Round Mock Draft Analysis

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Feb 11, 2010.

1. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Slow day at work and I always used to be a thread somewhere along these lines. While it's way after it's been done, since nothing has really happened I think it still applies pre-combine. Obviously the Bills and Bengals had the best drafts because of their superior drafter, so I'll exclude those.

3 Drafts I Liked Alot:

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS, WW85

Rd 1) Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
    Rd 2) Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama
    Rd 2) Ryan Mathews. RB, Fresno St
    Rd 3) Maurkice Pouncey, C/OG, Florida

Helps having 4 picks in the first 3 rounds, but each one of these players is going to make an impact from year 1. I know WW isn't high on the offensive tackles in this class and linebackers rarely go 5th overall but still you can't argue with the results.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES, WW85

Rd 1) Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
    Rd 2) Navarro Bowman, OLB, Penn St
    Rd 3) Anthony Dixon, RB, Miss St
    Rd 3) Darrell Stuckey, S, Kansas

At the risk of it looking like I'm sucking up to WW85, I thought this was a great draft. Having gone to school in Philly I watched a lot of Eagles games and have a lot of friends who are passionate fans and the thing that's most obvious is the lack of talent in the top 7 and Dunlap and Bowman are perfect fits for their D. Dixon is a great compliment to McCoy and Stuckey could come in and start right away.

SAN FRANCISCO FORTYNINERS, MrElectric29

Rd 1) Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
    Rd 1) Earl Thomas, S, Texas
    Rd 2) Cam Thomas, NT, North Carolina
    Rd 3) Mike Neal, DE, Purdue

I think Thomas may have been a slight reach but it's a high demand position and I think he's a solid prospect. Addresses all of their needs and I think they'll get at least 2 starters from this group.

Honorable mentions: SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, BakerMaker, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS, Jabba the Jet, CLEVELAND BROWNS, Green Hurricane, SAINT LOUIS RAMS, MBGreen

3 Drafts I Would've Gone a Different Direction

OAKLAND RAIDERS, PinPointPenning10

Rd 1) Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    Rd 2) Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
    Rd 3) Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois. ***Missed pick..(made by -MC-)
    Rd 3) Selvish Capers, OT, West Virginia.

Doesn't have anything to do with me hoping Bradford fell to the Bills at all (maybe a little). Ton of talent in this draft, I just don't know if it fits the Oakland personnel. After Heywerd-Bey and Mourphy were drafted last year, I don't think LaFell is the type of receiver they'd need. And whether you believe in Russell or not, Bradford probably isn't the type of downfield QB Al Davis likes.

NEW YORK JETS, KurtTheJetsFan

Rd 1) Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
    Rd 2) Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford

Obviously is going to get looked at a lot closer by everyone, kind of the same opinion on the Raiders draft. I really like both these players to be impact guys in the NFL, I'm just not sure it fits the team. With only 2 picks in the first 4 rounds, I think the Jets need to get at least 1 starter and that guy could be Iupati maybe, but I think there are other directions I would go with the Jets.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS, Wolfe Tone

Rd 1) Taylor Mays, S, USC
    Rd 3) Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

Just not a fan of either player. I could see why each was selected but where Jacksonville was picking I think they could've addressed other needs on a secretly pretty bad football team.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I appreciate the comments TCGF, having 4 picks really inflates the quality of my drafts.

Drafts I liked...I never rate my own.

DETROIT LIONS...Mambo9

1) Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    2) Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
    3) Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers

The Lions have many needs and have added 3 players that could start from Day 1. McCoy is pushing Suh for the top pick, I like Suh better. McCoy would be an excellent fit and should help the Defense immediately. Benn with be a nice player to help Matt Stafford. McCourty is one of the fastest rising CBs in the draft..good value in early rd 3. I expect Devin to be a mid rd 2 pick in April.

SAN FRANCISCO FORTYNINERS, MrElectric29

Rd 1) Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
    Rd 1) Earl Thomas, S, Texas
    Rd 2) Cam Thomas, NT, North Carolina
    Rd 3) Mike Neal, DE, Purdue

Addressing O-Line and secondary with both 1st rd picks was a must. I love Earl Thomas, he may become one of the best players drafted in rd 1. Cam Thomas is another rising talent...I really like his game. Always been a Mike Neal fan, nothing flashy, solid player. Don't be surprised if the Jets look at drafting Neal...would be a nice pic-up. CT & MN will be great players in the Niners 3-4.

PITTSBURG STEELERS...thebrickwall423

1) Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
    2) Myron Rolle, S, Florida St
    3) Boo Robinson, NT, Wake

Bulaga was an excellent value. Rolle is rising up the draftboard and would be a good player with the Steelers' defense. I still like Robinson and would help strenghten the line.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS...Jabba the Jet

1) Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
    2) Brian Price, DT, UCLA
    2) Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
    3) Alex Carrington, DE, Ark St.

Berry...nothing to say...great pick. I was hoping Berry would fall to my Chief's. Didn't get Suh or McCoy in rd 1...but got the third best DT in rd 1..great pick. Price is a great pick...third best DT. Dwyer is a good value in rd 2. AC....an exciting prospect that may surprise many...great Senior Bowl week against good competition.

#2 WW85, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  3. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

Thanks for the comments WW85... 2 of my favorite drafts were...

CINCINNATI BENGALS, TheCoolerGlennFoley

Rd 1) Damian Williams, WR, USC
    Rd 2) Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona
    Rd 3) Joe McKnight, RB, USC

Carson Palmer would be doing cartwheels if this is how the draft played out. Their offense definitly needs more explosion and this would give it to them. Damien Williams is a solid WR. He does nothing flashy but gets the job done and is a great special team player. Rob Gronkowski is a great all-around TE and I cant remember the last time the Bengals had a reliable TE. Joe Mcknight is the perfect complimentary back to Benson. However, I can't see Marvin Lewis, a defensive coach, using his first three picks on offensive players, no matter how explosive it makes them.

CLEVELAND BROWNS, Green Hurricane

Rd 1) Joe Haden, CB, Florida
    Rd 2) Chad Jones, S, LSU
    Rd 3) Eric Norwood, OLB, South Carolina
    Rd 3) Ciron Black,OT, LSU

This would be an excellent draft for Mangini and co. Haden and Jones bring instant credibility to their secondary and with Eric Wright they have a very good up and coming secondary. Norwood was a steal in the third and has the versitility Mangini loves. Black definitly has the ability to be a very good RT for them playing opposite Thomas.