2010 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JetsNation06, Aug 22, 2010.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The season is less than 2 weeks away so let's get it going.

How about the non BCS schools getting some love in the preseason AP Polls.

Boise State at #3 ahead of Florida and Texas? TCU right behind at #6.

2. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Im looking forward to a big season from the Canes

3. JetsNation06

This is a huge year for the Canes and Randy Shannon's job security. I think Jacory Harris could be a Heisman contender if he limits his turnovers. Also, their defense should be vastly improved.

It's BCS bowl or bust for Shannon this year as the school probably goes in another direction if he doesn't get them to a major bowl.

4. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

We can only hope, definitely been a long time coming.

As for Boise, expect VT to really give them hell. Just waaaay too much on that offense for the Hokies for a team like Boise to stop. Expect it to be low scoring with VT grinding out drives, which is way out of BSU's element.

5. JetsNation06

It should be a great game. Tyrod Taylor has to have the huge year they've been waiting on since he arrived.

Hokies RB tandem is sick but Boise State's is right there with Titus Young and Jeremy Avery. Very underrated. Kellen Moore is a big time QB.

Game is at FedEx Field so Hokies have decided crowd advantage but I think this is similar to when BSU opened up at Oregon last season. That too was a grind it out affair yet BSU shut down Oregon's running attack for most of the game.

Tech's backs are better than Oregon's were yet Boise's defense is better than people think. I agree that it will be a grind it out affair yet too close to call.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I expect VT to run all over Boise. Ryan Mathews completely destroyed that defense and his supporting cast at Fresno wasn't even close to being on the same level as both of the Hokie backs.

7. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I'm eager to see if the North Carolina Tar Heels D can dominate each week in the ACC.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The UNC - LSU game should be a good one.

9. JetsNation06

Kudos to Pitt on stepping up with one of the toughest out of conference schedules in the country. They open the season at Utah and also have ND and Miami on the slate. Some other Big East schools need to follow suit.

10. Green Hurricane

Ain't that the truth. Most BE teams are afraid of playing top teams, but they still want to act like they're big time programs. Until they play good schedules year in, year out, they can't be. As a 'Cane fan I'm not looking forward to that Pitt game, they always played them tough even back when Miami was actually good.

11. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Its time for some good ole Bayou Bengal football

12. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Absolutely, I saw Jacory play one of His HS championship games and watched him progress the last 2 years. I expect big things form him. We should have a pretty good D this year also. I am interested to see how the RB situation develops.

13. Green Hurricane

Hopefully it's mostly Damien Berry with Storm Johnson and Lamar Miller getting more time as the year goes on. I don't know what to do with Coop, but I really don't think he'll be effective early on this year. I was hoping that he would redshirt this year and maybe transfer out for his last season (with the four year rule), but who knows. I don't want to see the staff limiting carries for the younger guys just to see him struggle.

14. jgangstahippie7:18

I love college football, but for the most part I do not follow teams. I really just watch for the top athletes who might get drafted. I feel like there is nothing better than channel surfing on a Saturday looking for a good game.
    To all you college football fans who really don't have a team, I found a website that tracks games for every sport and they will send you an alert via text/email.
    Just thought I would share the link:
    http://areyouwatchingthis.com/

15. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Rebels are very questionable this year. This is Houston Nutt's first real season as the head coach if you consider the fact that for the first time, the majority of the men on the field are those he recruited.

High points:

Defense. Expect a strong secondary from the Rebels this year, and a solid pass rush if the freshmen develop.

Low points:

QB remains questionable. We brought in Masoli from Oregon (you guys remember that douche bag qb that knocked over a store? yeah, thats the guy) after Cotton left to go play at South Alabama here in Mobile. Stanley had a worse than expected camp. I met him in the spring, he was a total tool.

Regardless, this is my first season out of college. I've got law school applications out for next year, maybe i'll wind up back in Oxford, but until then..i'm saddened to not be there.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...their secondary is very inexperienced. I think they lost all of the starters in the secondary except one.

The strength of that team is at defensive tackle and it couldn't be more obvious.

#16 Mr Electric, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  17. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

I saw some good footage of the "inexperienced secondary". i'm excited.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You can put those words inside of quotes all you want. It doesn't change the fact that Ole Miss is starting two new corners...and that's rarely a good thing, especially in the SEC.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Jeremiah Masoli won't be eligible to play this season for Ole Miss. The NCAA denied his waiver to play this season.

He won't be allowed to play until 2011.

20. JetsNation06

Tough break for Masoli. Goes from preseason Heisman candidate to not even playing football in a span of less than 6 months.