2009 ALCS- Angels vs Yankees

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by macbk, Oct 11, 2009.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Let's Go Yankees! This one won't be as easy....

2. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

A Rod sucks!!!!!

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Lets go Yankees!!!!!!!!!! Time to get the monkey off our BACK!

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Angels in 6.... This is the best Angels team they've had since 02 and this is probably the best Yankee team since 00. Should be interesting. If they steal a game in NY then the Yanks are in trouble.

5. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

I don't know. The Angels of the past had a far, far better bullpen. And the Yanks offense gets to bullpens, even when the starters are throwing well.

Yanks in 5.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

But the lineup is much better than it's been the last few years. The Angels starting pitching is also better than it has been. If you get to the bullpen early you win easily but I think it's easier said then done. They didn't just kick the shit out of Da Sawx because they are weak. They are on a mission and I honestly believe if the Yankees lose game 1 or 2 the Angels win the series.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The 3-man rotation is a huge concern to me. Gaudin's going to have to start one, am I right? a 3-man rotation in a 7 game series is too much.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Iif Gaudin can give 5 solid innings, Aceves-Chamberlain-Hughes-Mo is tough

9. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

The way it plays out, CC could go in game 4 on 3 days rest, and then would be lined up for game 7 on regular rest, if needed. Everyone else would pitch on normal rest for the entire series.

That's what I would do.

10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Now is the time to slay all of the Halo demons of years past. The key to the series will be keeping their speedsters off the bases. Those guys get on first (Figgins and co.) and they're almost guaranteed 2nd or 3rd base.

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The three man rotation is what I talked about a couple weeks ago. CC is a horse, and he'll be asked to do the work. This won't get to game 7, so he'll pitch on short rest the one time, then get normal rest to start the World Series.

ARod will have another great series.

Yankees take this one in 5. I want to say a sweep, though.

12. Drew

Drew Active Member

Yankees in 6.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Very bold man.

I think this thing goes 6.

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Lemme tell ya. I've been riding so high lately that if the Yankees and Jets falter, I might not make it.

I'm set up for a big fall, but I'm all in.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This will be a tough series. I think having Game 7 at home will be huge and give the Yankees the edge if it gets to 7. Hopefully it does not, but I am taking Yankees in 7.

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

7? I really hope not. If it goes 7 things have gone terribly wrong at some point. I agree that home-field for a deciding game would definitely help, but we shouldn't take that long to advance.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the Angels are a really good team and the Yankees have had trouble with them in the past. I would love a 4 or 5 game series, but I don't see it happening. I would love to be wrong though.

18. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

A 3-man rotation is my favored option. Go with the guys who give you the best chance to start. Joba was clearly more effective out of the pen in the ALDS than he's been as a starter over the last month+.

I'd pair Burnett and Molina again. F Posada and his feelings. Be a team player Jorge. Or do you not remember when your manager had to make way for you to be Andy's catcher?

I'd like to see them drop Marte and pick up Bruney. Bruney's had some struggles this year, but Marte has struggled since he donned pinstripes. It's nice to have two lefties in the pen, but they both have to be effective, and right now, you can only say that about Coke.

And rather than Guzman, I'd rather they carried Pena in place of Hinske. Pena has enough speed, and provides a very solid glove for a late game insert.

Nice to see Damon taking some hacks. He was dismal in the ALDS. Good that those other guys joined him, but WTF with Skippitydippitydoo? Swisher's patented swingannamiss too refined to mess with at this point? He's been a lot better than Abreu defensively, but damnit he's frustrating at the plate.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

this is going to be a great series. Baseball lucked out with two east coast/west coast series with teams that are extremely relevant. it's a no lose combination for the World Series. even an Angels/Dodgers match up, although MLB has to be salivating at the prospect of Yankees/Dodgers.

20. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

This series an interesting dilemma for me. I've been a Yankees since I was 4 years old (I'm 17 now-do the math--that was '96) so I'm obviously hoping the Yankees win. However, my grandparents have season tix for the Angels, so if they win the series I'll get to go to a World Series game all the way out in Anaheim.

I'm rooting for the Yankees, but all won't be lost if they lose.