2008-2009 Mets Offseason thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by davecrazy, Sep 28, 2008.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

More than 1/3? Who are these guys? and we know alot more guys used than have been outed PLUS if you take the Mitchell report as the only facts then only a couple of guys used at that time. Most of them used later according to the report although I am sure they were using at the time just as I am sure many Mets were using and most of baseball were using.

2. nyjunc

3. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Cool pics, thanks Junc.

4. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Wait a minute. First of all in response to sixfeetdeep I wouldn't say I'm a troll. What did I say? That the Mets don't have as good of a team as the Phillies? You dont. Fernando Tatis is your left fielder. End of story. Rich I generally like what you have to say and your one of my favorite posters especially because your a wrestling fan but cmon. You can't be this naive. EVERYONE cheated. I'm sure on the Mets 2000 team they had it's share of juicers as well. A-Rod a cheater? Sure, fine. What about the other 104 players on that list, I'm sure we can meet alot of Mets on the failed test list.

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Nice. Is that the last piece of Shea? Any reason they left that standing?

Also, does anyone know where online I can follow the Manny/Dodgers proceedings without making a thread and watching it sink because nobody cares but me? The suspense is starting to get to me.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Awesome, thanks!

8. nyjunc

They tore down parts around that piece yesterday, I assume that piece will be gone today.

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm just having some fun.... I don't dislike any Yankee fans on this board. I feel like we're all buds that like to give each other shit. You are pretty good at dishing it out without coming straight out and busting our balls.

My guess is alot of Mets were on the juice...... Radomski was a Mets clubbie was he not? Didn't he say he peed in a cup for Dr K? I was one person who stated that even though Canseco had been pretty accurate he was lying about A Rod. I always hoped that he was teh one guy who didn't do it. I'm still glad he took the road he has taken and not teh Clemens/Bonds approach. That being said I think he is lying through his teeth and trying to play everybody for being fools.

I do like the old school wrasslin.... or better yet give me some GLOW. I'll be going to this really cheesy event in April but they bring back guys like Harley Race, Nick Bockwinkle, Dr Death and a few of the really old NWA guys

BTW you need to bring back the old av with the guy from the Simpsons that always answers... Yeeeeeeeeesssssssss. What's his name?

10. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

A-Rod's press conference today sucked. It just shows why Yankee fans are frustrated with him. Everything is contrived.

Old school wrestling rules. I watched the best of SNME a bit today. great stuff. That event sounds awesome, I like Bockwinkle alot, I feel like he doesn't get his due in respect to great heels.

Haha I'm going to i need to fix my sig to. the guys name i think is actually "the jerk that says yes"

11. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I love that guy.

"Why do you talk like that?"
    "I had a strrrrrooooooke!"

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

:rofl:

That guy is awesome..... I wish they'd show him more but I guess it would ruin the gimmick.

13. nyjunc

14. nyjunc

15. nyjunc

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i will miss her

17. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Wow. For all the shit I gave that ballpark for being a total crapheap, "The worm inside that apple has been dead for 20 years" so on and so forth, its weird to see it reduced to a heap of rubble. I actually got to walk on the warning track when I was 15 as part of my team winning an AAU tournament. It was awesome, a really cool feeling when you look up and there's all those people. I'm not sure if Piazza was on the Mets or Dodgers at the time, I don't remember much from the game and don't feel like looking it up but I remember Mets immortal Brian Bohanon was 4 innings into a gem when Eric Karross hit an absolute shot over the left field wall. I don't get why they didn't celebrate the end of Shea, it did see the whole history of the franchise including two world titles. Citi Field looks really nice, I love the nod to the old style of Ebbets.

18. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hphtO49_z1Q&eurl=http://www.metsblog.com/[/youtube]

I'll miss it, I have some good memories from there.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Mets played at the Polo Grounds in 1962 and 1963.

20. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Ok so it saw all of the franchise's history except for the two first years which also happened to feature terrible baseball.