2 UD Front Row Seats for Rent at Face Value

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by championjets69, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I crossed the line in calling you a f'n moron you're right. I will apologize for saying that. However, the idea of overnighting tickets that have no need to be rushed was (and still is) completely puzzling to me.

This thread now looks like a war zone. If I ever see any of you at a game I would have no hard feelings and would gladly enjoy a beer/company. I'm a pretty decent guy in life outside of the monitor/keyboard setup, or at least I'd like to think I am. Let's just bury this thread and get on with life if you guys don't mind.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I guess your eyes missed post #62 heh?

3. championjets69

I guess your eyes missed post #62 heh?

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

You already quoted me on that tweet.

I guess you missed post #100

To try and get back to friendly talks in here, when you sell the whole season do you email the tix or mail them with the everything that comes with? Hat and all?

5. championjets69

Doubtful that I did so you better dig back thru find rge thread to #62 & find it

What does your post #100 have anything to do with me posting way back when that the tix were spoken for?

6. MadBacker Prime

Check post 85 where you have the quote quoted.

7. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I think we all have learned 2 important lesson's from these past days in regards to buying Jets tickets. 1) Don't contact a seller about buying his/her Jets tickets unless you are 100% sure you want to buy them. 2) Sending a check via overnight postal service is the best way to show the seller that you are a serious buyer!

#107 GrindHouse, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  8. championjets69

Yep but U will CLEARLY note that I did not ask then did you see post #62 which is what we are discussing

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think I learned one more valuable lesson.

This thread is a reminder to never offer my extra seats on here at face value. Good Lord. The man was trying to do Gang Greeners a favor and gets shit on for it. He's not making a dime on the transaction out of the kindness of his heart, yet he gets ridiculed, insulted and labeled. Then his intentions get questioned and even his honesty. All he expected was a legit, serious buyer, which is not much to ask in return.

If I've got extra Row 3 seats this year, I'll sell them on the open market. Who needs the bullshit?

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I don't think thats fair.

The first shit given was given by Champ to Rockefella.

11. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Can a mod close this thread?

12. Capt. Ace Nick

I think it's 340-360 roundtrip.

13. Section 227. Row 5

But who gives a shit, really? And how do any of us know what their private PMs were like? I can't make that call and neither can anyone else around here because we weren't there.

So my benefit-of-the-doubt goes to Champ, who, after all, was nice enough to post them here AT FACE FREAKING VALUE for a ROW ONE SEAT. All he wanted was a legit buyer who wasn't going to yank his chain and bullshit around with the woulda couldas.

Like I say, you won't find me offering my tickets at face around here. Not after reading the feeding frenzy on Champ's ass like this... it's just not worth it.

In 25 years I've had to sell tickets many times and one thing I won't do is let somebody jerk me off. Here are the tickets. You give me the money and they're yours, otherwise I move on to somebody else. Life's too short to let somebody jerk you off, unless it's one of the Flight Crew.

14. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

This is what I PM'd Champ on May 1:

I wasn't jerking him around. I told him the situation and apologized. Like you said, you can't make the call and didn't read the PM's. With that being said, I'd appreciate if you didn't assault my character because of what ensued after.

#114 Rockefella, May 6, 2011
  15. Section 227. Row 5

I thought you wanted this thread closed?

But okay fine... you PM'ed him then. Again, I don't give a damn! Who cares? The seats are gone and you didn't jerk him off.

As far as assaulting character, this is the internet, remember? Do you want to know how many shots people have taken at me over the years? Let it roll off your back, man. Forget it.

You're right though, this thread should be closed. A man offers two UD Front Row Seats to fellow board members at face value and all hell breaks loose. This thread should be eliminated because it discourages other members from wanting to sell on this board... like me for example. I'd tell you all to go shit in your hats. Those seats of his fetch over face all day long anywhere else.

16. MadBacker Prime

Damn, how does that stack up to your Pats-Hater??

We should have some award here for most mileage traveled for Jet games.

17. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I am letting it roll off my back but that doesn't mean I want to sit here and listen to you continue to call me different variations of an asshole for unforeseen circumstances. If you don't give a damn and 'who cares?' then stop bringing it up. If it means so much to you to massage Champ's back and tell him he's such a swell guy then do it in private.

Like I said, this thread offers nothing positive to the board. Insults are going to get hurled and the tickets have been sold. Let's just close the damn thing.

18. sg3

sg3 Banned

have to agree with my fellow VN vet, 227

the upper deck tickets were sold to somebody for some price

hopefully the seller was kind enough to rent the buyer binoculars for the season with the rented tickets

frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn

Don't know who bought them but they are sold so it's time to fuggedaboudit

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I drive 460 miles round-trip. It's fun after losses...I just read madbacker's post, I think I'm in the lead.

I go to every game every year since before moving to Mass which was in 2004.

It was much easier from Middlesex County, lol.

#119 pats-hater, May 6, 2011
  20. Capt. Ace Nick

Most of the time I pick my 14 year cousin up who lives near Harrisburg, Pa which turns it into a 600 mile round trip. I've drove the whole trip twice that way and I'm surprised I'm still living to talk about it. I usually bunk at my aunt's house in PA, but it still makes for a long week end.

If anyone wants to make it legal...go to google maps

Start- Chestertown, MD
    1st Destination- Millersburg, PA
    End- Meadowlands

Then reverse order.

Edit- did the dirty work when I pick my cousin up its 658 miles roundtrip.
    Thats only for 3-4 games though.
    Normal is 340-360.

#120 Capt. Ace Nick, May 6, 2011