2 UD Front Row Seats for Rent at Face Value

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by championjets69, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I can see it breaking a bit above even after all is said and done. Games against the Bills and Jaguars and such will probably fetch less than face while the Pats, Cowboys, and Giants will be 2-3x face.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

OK the guy just called me to advise me he has over nighted the check to me so the seats have been rented & are no longer on the open market

If some mod happens to come across this thread they can remove it if they desire

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Overnighting it, huh?

Sounds like somebody jumped on them and doesn't mind being "on the moon" in Row One.

4. championjets69

Yep he called me & he was over joyed maybe even thrilled that he secured the tix. From my end I am quite pleased that somebody has rented the seats that will really enjoy them rather then say some company renting them & passing them out to customers or there hi level suits. He certainly sounded like a fanatical NYJ fan

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Wow. Just wow.

6. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Why overnight money when the Jets don't even send the tickets til' July or August?

Not insulting the buyer, just curious as to why someone would take that liberty when it is not necessary.. unless he was competing with someone else for ownership of the seats

7. championjets69

I guess he wanted to insure that he had secured the tix. If you would have purchased them as you wrote you would have been sending the money on May 02 & the if they play the NYJ 1st home game is not to Sept as you pointed out in your post

You can also say that the renter wanted to show his sincerity that he really/truly wanted to secure the tix by over nighting the check

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I don't buy the whole story. IMHO you're just trying to give Rockefella the business.

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

...because the upper deck is where all the high level suits want to be.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahahaaa..... now, now..... (LMFAO)

11. Section 227. Row 5

It's called "good faith."

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I can understand the intention and excitement but to me it's similar to someone paying for 2nd-day air on Christmas presents purchased in October. Anyways, congrats on the sale.

Sure, but also an unnecessary expense.

13. championjets69

When you gain some more maturity I am sure you will understand why the renter did what he did. It is called being a "up front guy".

You are also thinking IMHO very, very, very small when you think that spending $10.00 to get what you want will break you

I'm sure if I was him I would be feeling pretty smug right now & probably super happy that you withdrew from the rental making the seats available to him so that he could rent them instead of U

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Why do you insist on giving Rock a hard time?

15. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I've said my piece and tried to put this to rest but you carry on and on with this shit. You're acting like I kicked your kid in the face.

I don't wanna get nasty here... I really don't but the bait keeps getting closer and closer.

16. championjets69

What hard time are you talking about? He should NOT have even commented on the other person spending $10.00 of his money to over nite the check which BTW is now in hand. I guess you can say he took care of business while Rockefella did not take care of his business. Many would say that defines the difference between man & boys

17. championjets69

Personally your comments about the successful renter spending $10.00 for a over nite charge were way, way, way out of line

18. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

What the hell are you talking about?

Why even bring up the god damn overnight check in the first place, which in my opinion is complete bullshit just to make me look bad or something. You continue to act like I did this shit on purpose. Let me give you a timeline:

Early April: Champ offers Jets tickets on TGG for Row 1 at face
    Early April: I decide this is worth purchasing, let Champ know I'm considering
    Early/Mid April: Find friend interested in splitting the pair, get date for when money will be ready to send (late April/early May tax return)
    End April: Find out friend lost job, can no longer get season tickets
    End April: Inform Champ of situation and why I am no longer buying seats

For fucks sake man shit happens in life. I've said over and over that I want these seats, and still do as it was a good opportunity that presented itself. You talk down to me like I'm some bottom-of-the barrel, degenerate scumbag because of what transpired in that span of a couple of weeks... as if I did it on purpose just to piss you off.

Now I'm an immature little boy because I question why someone would overnight money for tickets that at this point in time:

1: Don't even exist because the Jets haven't printed and sent them out yet
    2: NFL is in the midst of a lockout
    3: Decided that money needed to be in someone's hands the next day instead of the following Monday, a difference of 3 days when the season doesn't start for about 100 days, at the earliest

That isn't called 'being a man' or 'upstanding', that's called being a fucking moron. Come to think of it, I need a turkey for thanksgiving. Maybe I can overnight one and store it in the freezer til Thanksgiving. "Way, way out of line" doesn't come close to describe me asking that. I can provide many examples of what would be "way, way out of line" but I'm not in the mood to get banned today.

Stop being such an unpleasant, miserable old man. I get the feeling that most people dislike you and instead of looking within for the problem, you blame everyone else. MULTIPLE times I put it to rest and apologized and bid you good faith/congratulations in selling the seats. For some reason you put a personal vendetta against me because I mildly inconvenienced you.

Besides, you took a fucking two week cruise right after you were selling the seats and forwarded me your sons address. Now an extra week of delay in dumping the seats is causing you unfathomable grief and anger?

19. championjets69

Is this not your post

Why overnight money when the Jets don't even send the tickets til' July or August?

There is a very old adage concerning what you posting about looking bad it goes something like this "if the shoe fits wear it"

20. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

What is so out of line about it? Why even bring up someone overnighting it in the first place? How about this, you seem to be an upstanding gentlemen who I'm sure owns a digital camera that takes splendid family pictures of your vacations.

Can you take a picture of the overnighted envelope and the check to prove you're not full of shit? You can blur out the important information, I'm not using this for malicious intent.