'18-'19 NBA Anti-Warriors Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Nov 1, 2018.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

If a team signs Terry Rozier to a contract to be their starting PG, i guarantee you that team is a bottom 5 team every year.

That guy is garbag, compounded by the fact he thinks he's an NBA starter.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Los Angeles Lakers are 8.5 games back of the playoffs and look to have given up on the season. What are your guys thoughts on this and Lebron's legacy? I think it is a huge failure. For many years people have said Lebron had it easy in the East and could cruise to the Finals. This year has proven that to be true, as the Lakers have been embarrassing. Lebron got hurt, and it was over after that, but they were not impressive before that either. Some said just went to LA for business and not basketball, this season also gives that some truth too. I guess the 2019-20 seasons will be the big one for Lebron and the Lakers if they pick up a top Free Agent or 2 to go with Lebron.

There are 5 legit teams in the East right now: Celtics, Raptors, Bucks, 76ers and Pacers. In the West, obviously the Warriors, but the other 7 teams in the playoff hunt are pretty good too. Should be a fun playoffs.

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I just hope my Bucks can get to the finals. I'll consider that a win.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

They were 20-14 when he went down, which is a 51-win pace, which sounds pretty damn impressive to me when you consider how terrible the team was without him. This disastrous season is to me 100% on Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka for putting together a horrible team, and says absolutely nothing about his career.

Is LeBron the player he was five years ago? Of course not, but if that's what Johnson and Pelinka expected then that's also on them for being idiots.

The Dark Knight and NYJalltheway like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, all true. Just looks bad to go from 4 straight NBA Finals to not even close to the playoffs. The 8 teams in the Western Conference Playoffs right now are all pretty good, so there is no guarantee Lebron and the Lakers make it even if he was healthy. Last year's Cavs did not have much talent either and made it to the Finals, that is why it is fair to bring up the strength of the West compared to the East in past years. Like I said, the true Lakers test will be next year though. If Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka mess that up too, that would be disappointing. Shutting down Lebron now would make sense. Get his body right for next year.

6. NYJalltheway

Honestly in the East, there's been 2 dominant teams, a few ok teams, and junk after that. The playoffs should really be the best 16 teams imo.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

hell yeah

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The celtics are just not a good team this year. We're 70 plus games deep, you are what you are at this point.

9. NYJalltheway

According to Colin Cowherd, they're the only legit team in the East.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

This really should have been titled the anti-Lakers thread. They were far more loathed this year, and their graves danced upon, than the Warriors. Dynasties have always been great for the NBA; LeBron flaming out has been far more enjoyable than whether fans celebrate a Warriors championship or the rest of the NBA celebrates their upset.

11. NYJalltheway

To my defense, I couldn't have seen that coming when I made the thread. I'm sick of the Lakers talk too.

JetBlue likes this.
  12. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The West is just better, I honestly think that all 8 West teams are capable of beating the Bucks or Raptors in a 7 game series.

13. NYJalltheway

I honestly think you've been banned multiple times, and this is another reason for another one

14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

What?

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

COLOSSAL failure. Anyone who still has any doubt MJ is the greatest is delusional, it's not even close. In my view LeBron had one season of greatness which was when he took the Cavs on his shoulders and beat the Warriors. That was super human but it was also just one season. Jordan had so many great seasons and he would never choke like LeBron does. LeBron can't be viewed as the greatest, he doesn't make his teammates better, his leadership qualities are suspect, and he completely lacks the clutch killer instinct of Kobe or Michael.

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

This is so great, Lakers and Celtics burning in the dumpster - I LOVE IT!!

NYJalltheway likes this.
  17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It ain’t even a fucking discussion and anyone who would argue LeBron is better truly knows nothing about basketball. He’s not even better than Kobe, and I’d argue Kareem was a better player.

18. NYJalltheway

Just messin with ya Sox I do think the bucks, and raptors would be top 6 teams in the West though. They've been taking it easy, resting, and still have the 2 best records in the league.

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Lebron to the Knicks next year.

20. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Imagine if Ray Allen didn't bail him out to? He melted down in the last minute of that game......

There is something potentially looming that not many discussing yet either, but imagine if the Raptors or Bucks go into the finals and defeat the Warriors? Whether it be Kawhi Leonard or Giannis Antetokounmpo taking down the Warriors.....that to me would hurt Lebron a ton.

#40 SOXXX2, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    NYJalltheway likes this.