17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

THIS IS WHERE THE CLUB LOUNGE FOR THE LOWER LEVEL WITH THE VIEWING AREA BEHIND THE JETS BENCH. THOSE STAIRCASES LEAD TO THE LOWER LEVEL SEATS WHO HAVE ACCESS TO THIS AREA
    [​IMG]

IN BETWEEN THE STAIR CASES IS THE VIEWING AREA AND ON THE OUTSIDE TO THE LEFT OF THE STAIR CASE WILL BE THE PLAYERS ENTRANCE FOR THE JETS.ALSO TO THE LEFT WILL BE GLASS SO YOU CAN STAND RIGHT THERE TO WATCH THE PLAYERS WALK ON AND OFF THE FIELD.
    [​IMG]

SUPPOSEDLY WHERE THESE WORKERS ARE IS GOING TO BE THE PRESS CONFERENCE ROOM WHERE YOU CAN WATCH THE WHOLE THING,BEHIND GLASS OF COURSE.
    [​IMG]

ONE OF THE GUYS WHO ALSO TOOK THE TOUR STANDING WHERE THE VIEWING AREA ENDS. THE WHITE TRAILERS REPRESENTS THE JETS BENCH. ALSO IF YOU NOTICE THE FIELD IS RAISES ABOUT 3-4 FEET. ITS ONLY THAT HIGH TEMPERARLY WHILE THESE MASSIVE CRANES ARE ON THE FIELD.THE FIELD WILL BE LEVEL WITH THE VIEWING AREA.
    [​IMG]

A VIEW OF THE FIELD
    [​IMG]

2. 17a_tailgater

ME STANDING ON THE FIELD TAKING A PICTURE OF THE VIEWING AREA
    [​IMG]

A VIEW OF THE STANDS FROM THE VIEWING AREA
    [​IMG]

A VIEW OF THE NORTH EAST CORNER HELLO UPPER DECK!!!
    [​IMG]

A VIEW FROM THE WEST SIDE FIELD LEVEL. DO YOU SEE HOW FAR THE UPPER DECK LOOKS NOW???? MIND YOU THIS IS WITHOUT A FIELD LEVEL,SO I AM EVEN WITH THE 1ST ROW OF THE MEZZ.
    [​IMG]

17A TOILET PAPERING THE BOWELS OF THE NEW STADIUM
    [​IMG]

3. 17a_tailgater

AND HERE ARE THE SEATS LEATHER FOR THE PSL'S
    [​IMG]

AND UPPER DECK SEATS A LITTLE NARROWER AND PLASTIC
    [​IMG]

4. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

leather seats are only for club levels, right? or, for ALL psl seats (including endzones and lower levels)?

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

How long until some asshat who scalped tickets tears the shit out of a seat and fucks the next person there next week? Gonna be expensive to fix those.

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

For what people pay for those seats, they better fix that shit instantly.

7. 17a_tailgater

IM NOT SURE. I KNOW MY ASS AINT GONNA SIT IN THEM SO I DIDNT BOTHER.SORRY

8. cassie96

cassie96 Member

AWESOME pics!!! Thanks for all of the work that you did.

I just cannot image how they are going to fill all of those seats, unless folks stop losing their jobs and their homes.

9. 17a_tailgater

when they where questioned many times by us on IF they didnt fill the seats. we where shot back at with a smile"oh we will sell these seats"

i also aked if the upper deck sells out and you do not buy a psl do you go on the wait list?

they havent decided yet.

but if your in the 90's you will be buying a PSL or not going. sorry to be honest.

10. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Nice job on the pictures, 17. Thanks.

I'm interested in the sales process that you and your group experienced...

You say there were 3 of "them" and 15 of you....all with max seniority I suppose.

How long did all this take ??

Was it a hard sell?
    Were they looking to get a commitment that day from anyone ?? Did they ??

What questions wouldn't/couldn't they answer ??

What didn't they allow you to see ???

Where did you feel they were being dishonest or dodging your questions?

What was the general consensus of your group....
    Upstairs?
    PSL?
    Sayonara?

Stuff like that.

Thanks in advance.

#50 CT. Jets Fan, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  11. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Awesome pics. Thanks for posting them and all of the information! I can't wait to check out the stadium...likely with tickets I'll have to buy from someone richer than me who can afford the PSLs (no seniority here, so no cheap ones for me).

12. cassie96

cassie96 Member

I just have one other question. Aren't all of those stairs going to be a killer for the old people, (the folks most likely to have saved up the cash to afford the seats?), or for that matter, any folks that are out of shape?

The stadium is beautiful and your pics are awesome. It is really fun to see how it is taking shape and to see the progress.

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I would laugh at what you wrote but your probably not far from the truth.:mad:

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Thanks 17A for those pictures and all this information. I have my packet and my "response" is due February 17th.

Here is what I find disappointing. I now sit in the 5th row of the upper deck on the 25 yard line. I also have 4 seats . In order for me to obtain a comparable view, I would need to spend $10,000-15,000 per seat for Club Goal line or end zone, plus $20,000 a year for game tickets!!!

Or I could move down to the Lower Sideline and pay $15,000 a seat and only $5600 a year for tickets. I now spend $3200 a year for my tickets.

The cheapest PSL seats - $4000 per adn $120 a year are in the end zond. It's kind of tough to swallow paying all that money only to move from a great view of the game to the end zone.

I will most likely take my chances in the upper deck and see how the view is in 2010. If it sucks, along with parking 2 miles from the stadium etc., I'll have to move to my couch and my HDTV.

I am not hurting for money and love going to these games (I've had tickets since 1980), but these prices are exhorbitant. I have two boys in high school and I need to pay for college from 2010 through 2015. It's hard to justify blowing all that money on tickets in this economy and with these expenses coming up.

There is just no middle ground in this stadium.
    It's either Club seats for a ridiculous amount of money for game tickets, lower deck tickets for exhorbitant PSLs for crummy seats (I prefer to be higher than field level), low range PSL's and somewhat affordable ticket prices for inferior end zone seats, or "steerage" seats with the real fans in the clouds of the upper deck.

Who needs all these clubs and restaurants that are part of the game tickets price? I just want to watch football. Once I am in the stadium, I don't leave my seat. Who is going to go to these clubs during the game? Halftime is only 12 minutes long. It will take that long to walk to the club and back without missing a play. If I want to eat before the game, I taligate or grab a bite in the Stadium Club. Stadium Club passes are $150 each currently and a meal costs about $10-12. In the new stadium, the same thing will cost $250 a game. Absurd.

The only thing I can say is that you can't blame Woody entirely. This is a joint effort between the Jets and Giants. The Maras are as much to blame.

Going to a Jet game used to be all about the football. No more. Now its about leather seats and food. It is a shame. It is the end of an era. I would gladly have continued watching in the current stadium, which has great site lines. Now I can look forward to binoculars to watch the game, but 57000 fans will have great eating options!!!! And TVs in the lounges.

15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Want one of those construction helmets...

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i cant imagine that they would have so few escalators and so many stairs, not even roundabouts like the old stadium but actual stairs???? they really cant be serious that they expect people to climb 500 stairs to get to their seats in the upper deck?

leather seats? this is an outdoor stadium? last i remember leather didnt stand up too well to things like sun and or wetness...

very well put joe willie! i couldnt agree more!

17. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I would LOVE to know how they are going to explain why a person who paid $10,000 + for a seat has to sit on a soggy, wet diaper for 3 hours after a good rainstorm.

Maybe they run around with a hairdryer prior to the game and dry the seat?

Otherwise, nice pics 17A.

18. 17a_tailgater

ok i got there at 1 got back to my car at 345pm the tour was probably 2 hours. it was a s long as we wanted it to be.they answered all of our questions to the best of their knowledge.they knew the facts of the stadium but the process after phase 2 is undecided.

all 15 had max seniority and only 1 guy was somewhat interested and that was in the goalline and endzone PSL's. all the rest with max seniority was doing what i was, getting a free tour and laughing at the sales pitches.

it was not a hard sale,they are very confindent they will sell ALL of these PSL's. they would not comment of what happens after all the season ticket holders are offered PSL's and then they rerun the list for the uppers. reconfirming the uppers will sell out by 77-83,85ish.then the process is not decided after the uppers are filled,whether the remaining season ticket holders go on a waiting list or just ass out.

everyone in my group was saying uppers. also i have 2 season tickets,butif i bought a PSL they where giving me 4-6 tix if i wanted.

theses sales people worked on lincoln field in philly before so they are experiences PSL sales people.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't understand the reasoning for pushing the cheap seats higher and farther away. It's not like this is as big as the new Dallas stadium which will hold 100k.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

First off, great pics. Second, that quote irritates me. I saw this design next to fedEx and thye look almost alike and fedEx in the Upper Deck is so far away. Giants Stadium you have a great seat no matter where you sit, you aren't that far away. I know the field is supposed to be higher in the new Stadium than the old but I doubt it makes much of a difference from the upper level which is a shame.