1-3 Start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by endydee, Sep 28, 2014.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

We just need to be blessed period.

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You realize the seasons only 16 games right, I wouldn't be worried if we played 82, however that would be a lot more losing

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I expected us to have 3 wins by the time this stretch is over. SD,& NE will be our W's. 3-4 I'll be fine with that. I cant give up on geno for struggling against the #1 defense that just treated Rodgers the same way the week before. Come on people, i know your frustrated, but geno kinda had the same maybe even a little better game than any other QB did so far vs Detroit. If you guys had crazy expectations for this 6 game stretch game you need to reevaluate your football knowledge our your bias ways a little bit

4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be nice if we could land a real franchise QB, I look at the Colts go from Manning to Luck it must be nice

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

In a dream......lol.
    I am not an NFL historian but the only team I can think of was the undefeated Dolphins??

Jets69 likes this.
  6. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? Yes Mariota plays in a spread offense, but unlike Geno at WVU he's responsible for the offensive line protection and audibles at the line of scrimmage. The guy has shown on numerous occasions that he can throw can consistenly throw tight spirals into traffic. He's the real deal, and if the Jets have the opportunity to draft him and pass on him, I'll be beyond pissed.

Jets69 likes this.
  7. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Geno looked real freaking good in college too.....

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, and then Superhippy will be there to tell us we're freaking out because the Jets only missed the playoffs by 2 games.

1968jetsfan likes this.
  9. BigSnacks54

Yea Geno was throwing bubble screens to Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey, that went for seventy yards . He did not have make to throws in tight windows at the college level. Mariota on the other hand has.

Jets69 likes this.
  10. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

We've got a better shot at the world ending due to floods and volcanos than we do drafting a franchise QB

Jets69 likes this.
  11. BigSnacks54

The Jets have this knack for winning meaningless games, which lead to us missing out on QBS. Matt Ryan was ours for the taking, but in typical Jets style we beat Kansas City. And nowntoday we're let with Geno freaking smith

BleedGreen89 likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

Bill Bellichek and Tom Brady vs Rex and Geno????

Who will use their talent more intelligently ?..let me take a guess

Sorry to all for being such a Darksider . Sad. Sad Sad.....

Having more fun this season watching my wife's team (eagles)...just saw Maclin make a one handed catch

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Again, never said the Jets would win the game, simply stated that of the next 3 games the Patriots game was the most winnable....it's akin to saying the atlantic is smaller than the Pacific ocean, it's true but I wouldn't bet on anyone trying to swim across either one.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

A loss (GB) is a loss (Chi) is a loss (Det) but it should also be noted that besides playing the Bears and Lions at home, the Jets played them both with Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson dinged up. Jets had every opportunity to come out of the first half of this tough six week "QB stretch" in reasonable shape.

As it is, their backs are now against the wall going into the tougher back end of this stretch.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

yes it was a slight exaggeration for dramatic effect (though to be honest I doubt anyone would come out of that run better than 50:50 especially as the Seahawks are only really good at home - and having seen the cardinals play the niners they were very average and unbelievably lucky to win that game)

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

With our secondary situation getting worse than it already was, and the upcoming 3 games, this season is basically over.

Their backs are certainly against the wall, and they are wearing blindfolds and smoking their last cigarette.

I'll be surprised if this team wins 6 games at this point. We haven't even played a division game yet.

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

sounds right.

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The season is over Imo. When we started like shit back in 2002 I was confident that we could make a run. With this team not so much.

19. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

I think there is a lot of season left and after the bye week they can reel off some wins. But that does not take away the poor start.
    Geno doesn't seem to have it. I see Mark Sanchez all over again ... I actually think Mark is better but I say that bc he moves the ball at times, looking good and crisp in the pocket. But just can't shake the bonehead, game deciding mistakes. How long do we have to sit through this? I've been watching football for a long time and QBs dont just turn it on in terms of poor decision making. Geno is NOT a good decision maker, actually he is terrible so I don't see how that will change.

Also ... I can't stand Idzik. He didn't get a competent CB and now the likes of Golden Tate are torching our secondary. Think about it .... His solution at CB was Dmitri Patterson and McDougle!! PATHETIC. Oh and lets count Milliner too who everyone else on draft might stayed away from bc of his fragile body. Guess what ... He's fragile!!! As for this year's massive draft haul .... Most of those picks have been cut!! Including Jalen Saunders as of a few moments ago. Didn't manuever to get better players .... GLARING need at WR and took 2 fliers In the 4th round and another in the 6th. 1 on IR and 2 already cut!!!! Teams RARELY cut 4th round picks. Something smells rotten in Florham Park ppl wake up!!

And one more thing. We all killed Tanny for selecting Hill before Jeffrey ... And I know it's early, but ive seen all I needed to see from Kelvin Benjamin. This guy is going to be a major PROBLEM for opposing teams for the next decade. Are you kidding me? This kid is destroying CBs like the Matrix robots when they break into Zion. Now don't get me wrong I liked the Pryor pick ... And Dennard was my personal fave there ... But I'm not a GM. I can tell you that Pryor was supposed to make an immediate impact ... That's how he was advertised by Idzik and Ryan ... And has anyone seen him make 1 single play??? Has he been on the field at all?? Please tell me bc I don't know. Meanwhile Kelvin Benjamin is putting the beatdown on a cb in the end zone almost every week so far. I bet if Geno was throwing the rock to him, he'd look better instead of throwing to David Nelson and Jeremy Kerley on tight coverage passes.

My wishlist .... Jets manage to win 8+ games keep Rex for again working miracles with an Arena league roster and fire Idzik immediately. He cannot be trusted to shepherd another off-season with money to spend. Finish with 7 wins or less fire them both and start fresh.

20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The problem this year is the schedule. We are going to have to play our asses off these next few weeks to avoid an insurmountable hole. If this team is going to be a good team, these next three weeks are the chance to unequivocally prove it.