1-3 Start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by endydee, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

You guys crack me up wanting Marcus Mariota. You want to dump our QB who came from a Spread Offense with 2 good receivers, and rarely turned the ball over, for a guy who comes from a Spread Offense with 3 good receivers, and rarely turns the ball over.

Seriously you are just asking to trade Geno Smith for Geno Smith. It's the same type of QB. Those QB's though need guys who can catch the football.

Clearly Amari Cooper is the only guy we should be drafting this year if we have a top 5 pick.

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Don't worry it won't be an issue, the Jets being the jets will totally blow up just well enough to pick in the middle of the draft.

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  3. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

This is what everyone is ignoring. We got screwed with our schedule. The first half of the season is the toughest in the NFL by far. Having said that we could very easily be 3-1. Our defense is in need of a CB badly and our offense has looked bad all around. Geno needs to limit the bad decisions (INT today), O-Line has to improve (Fumble today) (penalties), and the receivers need to step up.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

JetLifeLo likes this.
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lick balls.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

DD87, we led GB 21-3 with a very good chance to go up 28-3 if Winters doesn't blow his assignment on the Geno/Sedfeld INT. Ok, even with a loss at Green Bay, the Jets are returning home with a 1-1 record after two games….

Then the Jets get the Bears and Lions, both games at home.

If the Jets had GB, Chi, Det all on the road then I would agree with you, we got "screwed" by the schedule but that's not the case. And if you can't beat the Bears and/or the Lions in back-to-back home games then I don't know what to say except that maybe the Jets ARE in that 21-25 non-playoff team power ranking range.

That the Jets have not been blown out in any of their 3 losses still gives me hope that they can come away with a win in SD. At the same time, given they've lost back-to-back games at home against teams that are not going the distance in the playoffs, there's also no reason to say that a 1-6 start is out of the question either.

#26 joe, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

I think you missed the part where I said we could very easily 3-1 you highlighted the wrong part.

8. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Who gives a fuck what the fans where chanting. You don't let fans coach your team.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

No one does lol

What does that have to do with this? We want Vick in based on Geno's horrible play. The fan chanting thing was part of the article segment

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

1-3 and we hung in every game, just feels terrible

11. Geno007

Who gives a fuck what u want. This is Rex Ryan team not Falco.

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Ok

13. Geno007

Idzik needs to take blame for this season.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

DD, I get where you're coming from; they could easily be 3-1 (and why I also said I still have hope that they can pull off a win next week in SD). I'm just adding that to lay blame on the Jets getting screwed by the schedule alone is not the case because I would think any playoff-worthy team should beat teams on the level of the Bears or the Lions at home, that's all. Also, beyond the "could have" and "should have" won, why couldn't they have won at least one of them (if not both) in a "no doubt" fashion, i.e. 27-13? Those aren't top 5 teams and you've been living at home the past two weeks?…

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Teams that are good, and well coached would. If the Seahawks had that schedule, or Bengals, Cardinals etc I could see some of those teams walking out 4-3 at least. (Including Raiders game)

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Our three losses were all against tough teams BUT neither team has that great of a secondary. Chi's secondary aside from Fuller was completely depleted. Receivers can't get open, when they do they drop the ball or are overthrown. Gotta get better.

Gotta make plays.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

When young children shit the bed they now call it "Genoing"

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So true......
    2014 was a good QB class....Garappolo ,Bridgewater etc . Brain trust should have taken a risk on a good rookie QB . Now with Vick at least we have experience. Geno improving game by getting into it with a Jet fan? Smith is losing it....sorry for him....too much pressure on and off field.

19. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Mariota is just like Geno...... Read my lips I want a smart QB that won't lead the league in turnovers..... Not an athletic a-hole with a rocket arm and no freaking idea where to throw the damn ball..... I'd rather stay with Geno than replace him with Mariota.

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Season over.