2019 NFL Week 7: NE Cheaters @ New York Jets (MNF) (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 13, 2019.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2019.
  1. Jets

42.4%
  2. Cheaters

57.6%
  1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

If Mosley plays we have a shot my prediction NE 31 Jets 27

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I don't think the score will be that high. The Pats D is one of the best so the Jets will have a tough time scoring. I also see the Jets D causing problems for the Pats O. I see this as a low scoring game. 16-13 or 17-14 hopefully the Jets.

NYJetsO12 and Woodhead like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it wasn't a trap game for the Cowboys at all. they lost 2 in a row before the game, it was a huge game for them. "trap" insinuates that they were looking ahead because saw less importance in this game.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

ha Rex just said he would trade Dak for Sam yet he thinks Jones is better than Sam LOLOL

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I would get on that 12 now. Jets will be a live dog and that number will be around 9 by Friday I think

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We lead the league in September must wins since 2015 though.

TonyFtLaud, PabloJa and NYJFOREVER like this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

@Brook! Can we get one of your "Jets will win this week, I guarantee it" posts?

NYJetsO12 and NY Jets68 like this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I will see how I feel rest of the week. If I believe firmly I will start the thread. Hang in there. :)

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

IF the Jets can somehow pull off a win this week, they have a chance this year. 2-4 with the soft part of the schedule coming up gives them a shot. 1-5 would require a run of epic proportions.

10. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I am so glad to see hope again here on this board. For the past year, it has been like going to a Wake.

I hope we are going to have a competitive game between the Jets and the Pats, not what we had last time.

No matter the outcome, if the Jets show up and play as they did against the Cowboys, the Pats are going to have a very difficult game.

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The way the season started an 8-8 or 9-7 team will likely make it. If we win against the Pats we could end up being that team. SO in the spirit of shameless bias I predict a Jets win 27-24.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Come on to the dark side for a week. Pats are 6-0 don’t need another win.

Pepsiguy5 and Patriot like this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

There was nothing to have hope for when watching McCown for 1/4 season last year and Luke Falk for 1/4 this season. 14 brings hope that we MIGHT have our guy for the next 15 years.

I think this game will be extremely tight - especially if Mosley plays. Giants had their way with your OL and our D is definitely better then them. I said earlier, I just hope James White doesn't kill us because all that man does is extend drives. It'll be interesting to see if Gordon plays. It would be huge for the Jets if he is out.

NYJetsO12 and Patriot like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

has there been ANY reports on Mosely? its been crickets...... what do these beat writers do for a living?

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure. I was talking to my brother about this over the last two weeks and they definitely misdiagnosed this injury. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a partial tear of some sort.

I remember gase saying on the Kay show (maybe last week?) that the biggest issue with Mosley right now is when he’s dropping into coverage and has to open his leg to turn and sprint that’s when he feels it the most and he can’t do that at 100%.

Edit - maybe it was a presser after practice when he said this. I don’t remember 100%

edit edit - well this just came out 2 minutes ago

16. BrowningNagle

thats as far as it ever goes though. Beat writer tweets that Gase is "hopeful" Mosely will practice on Monday. on Wednesday Gase sits in front of the media and tells them he didn't practice, so they tweet that.

and thats all that ever gets reported

17. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Aren't all the practices closed now? All the beat writers get to go on is the short presser. It's pretty easy for the coach to clam up there and not give out information.

18. mark82

mark82 Active Member

I'd be really happy if we beat this mob

I don't like them

KurtTheJetsFan, Acad23 and Brook! like this.
  19. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I see this playing out similar to the Pats-Giants game, unfortunately, though hopefully not as extreme. A tight, low-scoring game until the 2nd half, when in-game adjustments, or lack thereof, start to take over and the Pats pull away a bit. Final score something like 27-13 Pats. But, boy do I hope I'm wrong and Jets can pull an upset, that would be amazing!

mark82 likes this.
  20. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Gordon probably due to playing hurt has not been so good lately, so I can't see him being a factor in this game even if he shows up.

Pats OL is hurting now, but every week OL coach Dante Scarnecchia has, they will be better. Fortunately for the Jets, Scarnecchia is still working hard. But what would bother me with the Jets is you had to blitz to put any pressure on Dak. Brady does very well against the blitz, but if I am Greg Williams it will be very important to disguise it and not show it until the very last second.

The Patriots are not the Cowboys, so it is very important keep the penalties down and the turnovers down. On defense, you will need to stop Endlemen (double team him) and White (safety) on 3rd down. I don't see run defense being a problem, but the Pats will run the ball to keep you honest. It is almost just as important to keep the crowd noise up on defense so Brady will have a difficult time making adjustments.

On offense, Sam is going to have to be patient and not throw any dumb passes. You want to keep the 3rd downs on the short side and if the play isn't there throw the ball away. Punting is better than a turnover leading to a TD for the Pats. Basically do not allow Pat's defense to beat you. I don't expect a shootout here, so Sam will need to be patient. Long time-consuming drives are a must here.

Even if the Jets do not win this game, I want to see a competitive game where the Pats need to pull away at the very end. Hopefully, the ref's flags will be kept in their pockets, but the way the season has been going, unlikely.