Predict who will lead the team in receptions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Jun 23, 2019.

?

Who will lead the team in catches?

1. Le’Veon Bell

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  2. Jamison Crowder

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  3. Chris Herndon

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Robby Anderson

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  5. Quincy Enunwa

11 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good post

Who is the Pats #1 receiver? Was it Gronk or Edelman ? Its the same thing..number 1 not really needed

The threat of Robbie stretching the field plus a myriad of options to go to >> Powell Bell Montgomery Quincy Herndon will make life very difficult for def Coordinators

Thank God we have an Offensive HC in place because I am sure he will be having Sam use all our personnel

I think Douglas gets some decent OL from TC cuts...if he gets enough of them they dont have to be superstars just fresh enough to give Darnold some time (i hope) if they run subs in and out. The OL can only improve within the year anyways. Sam can dance around till then and get the ball out fast

Gut says this Coaching Staff makes it work

Longsuffering88 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

We're going to be a spread the ball around type of team. Think it's going to be Herndon. I doubt anybody here catches more than 70

3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

1)Enunwa- If healthy
    2) Bell
    3) Crowder
    4) Anderson- Just loses out on 3rd in receptions to Crowder but leads the team in receiving touchdowns.*

*Bell leads the team in touchdowns but that includes rushing.

abyzmul likes this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Man. Between now and Training Camp is an actual dead zone. Nothing going on. Tough for a football fan. Good news: The season is near!

As for who will lead the team in receptions? That really is a good question. I am going to have to go with Robby Anderson. I bet all 5 of those guys you listed are separated by less than 10 catches by the end of the season. (Pending injury) If Sam does his job right, I think there will be great distribution in the passing game.

NCJetsfan and Big Cat like this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I love Anderson and voted for Crowder, I just thought Gase would employ more dink and dunk passes with Crowder and Bell being the major recipients, I do however believe this will be a big year for Robby as he is likely to find himself open downfield a lot more due to defences concentrating on Bell, it could be an interesting year indeed.

I hope they do use Robby with more routes though and not just as an out and out speedster to hit long.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A chance for the new TE to stake a claim and we get to see if he can do more than block as his highlight reel suggested.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I wanted to vote Quincy because I want to see him comeback from the injury, but I think Anderson will get a lot more balls thrown his way this year, with Bell out there taking away attention from him as well as Enunwa.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I voted for Crowder as I think that Sam will use him a lot for offloads, if the scripted play breaks down, and he will also get a lot of dink and dunk plays to keep the chains moving

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Crowder
    Bell
    Enunwa

BrowningNagle likes this.
  10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

There are at least 2 ways to look at the idea of a true #1 WR........the obvious one is the combination of playmaking ability, pressure on defense, and go to guy for a young QB. The second is the offensive flexibility a #1 provides with play designs, decoys, and boost to the running game. IMO it really depends on the rest of the offense and if there is another #1 player at another skill position. If things go well this year with the offense, i would certainly look for the jets to add a high round pick at WR next year.

11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If it's Bell or Enunwa that's not good.

I'll go with Robby.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Le'Veon Bell especially with Darnold being a young QB and needing an elite back as a security blanket in order to dump it off to within the flats. Bell is proven to be able to put up 70-90 receptions any given season.

We have a lot of pass catching options for Darnold to spread the ball around with Robby as a speed demon on the outside with 3 other possession guys in Crowder and Enunwa @ slot/wr and then our TE out of Miami U who led all rookie TE's last year in receptions/receiving yards and TD receptions.

But at the end of the day and especially on 3rd downs Bell will do for Sam what Bell did for Ben and that's become Darnold's go-to money weapon throughout 2019-2020. Which is why Bell is being paid the big bucks. Bell under Gase should see a lot of HB screens go his way as well. Anything to get him into the open field.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I understand they signed Bell to be the workhorse and he is good in the passing game. But I can't help and think if Bell is the leading receiver it would not bode well for this offense. You want to see Darnold attack downfield more

FJF likes this.
  14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Bell, and I agree with everyone who says that it’s not a good thing. I expect some growing pains this season.