New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I think you are running a little too hot/cold in this thread and that isn't typical of you. The Lions did not make drastic changes to their new uniforms. If you liked their "old" uniforms, you really shouldn't think that these updated ones suck. You have me scratching my head with this comment.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I only saw the Lions once, and it could have been their color rush unis, so maybe I'm wrong, but the unis I saw didn't look anywhere near as classy as their old unis. The blue was different and not as classy. I'll do some research and get back to you.

I'm not sure what you mean by my running hot/cold in the thread. Please explain.

I don't think the Lions' logo looks as good as it used to, and I hate their name on their sleeves. Also what is "WCT"? That's bizarre to me. I don't like the stripes down the leg, either. It's too wide.The blue appears to be darker as well, though it's still ok, but I like the slightly lighter shade better. I guess maybe "sucks" was too strong, but I definitely prefer the look look of the older Lions' unis over the "newer" look.

#2822 NCJetsfan, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  3. NCJetsfan

Classic Lions uni when Barry Sanders played.

[​IMG]

One thing that makes it difficult to explain is that the colors are really screwy looking at pictures online vs. during games on TV. Below is a photo supposedly depicting all Lions' unis during their history. I don't remember the blue every being as pale or the shade that the picture below indicates and I've seen the Lions unis since the early 1960s. The shade of blue in the 2000 and 2003 unis below are the only shades of blue that I have ever seen with the Lions unis, not the same turquoise/aqua of the Panthers unis in the 1994 uni below and not the pale, washed-out blue of the 1965 and 1969 unis below.

[​IMG]

If by hot/cold you mean black on the unis, there's a big difference. Black trim on the silver and blue looks great imo. It is a color that works perfectly well with silver and blue. It doesn't work with green at all imo, and certainly not as the primary color.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

No need to apologize - green pants are trash.

TheGayGreen​
    [​IMG]

TheGangGreen​
    [​IMG]

5. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Its WCF for William Clay Ford

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah I am. Its pathetic no matter what the subject is arguing something that's clearly fake. I love the uniform discussion, I've always dug NFL fashion so yes, people getting pissed off and fake stuff is ridiculous.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The funny thing is green is my favorite color. I just don't like the green pants look on the Jets - kind of amateurish looking. Hopefully they go back to kelly green ....

joe likes this.
  8. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

No-one got Henry Clay on their jersey?

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG] looks a shade or two lighter than your picture of Sanders and still has the Buccs in tangerine, which I kind of liked paired with the white shirt tbh. 1992ish

Best I can come up with for the 80's or 85 I believe is this picture, I always remember the Lions nearly being the same colour as Man City and I am utterly shocked I didn't choose them or the Oilers on that basis alone, not sure why I choose the Jets all that time ago now, weird really.,

[​IMG]

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  10. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

I chuckle every time I see someone tighten up over green pants.

I do prefer the all white unis, but I hardly mind when they mix it up a bit. But this is from someone who loves the annual dynamism of soccer kits, and appreciates how they honor tradition while pushing the envelope design wise.

NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. My sentiments exactly.

I prefer the all white...but the green pants few times a year is fine by me.

The color phobes on here are too funny.

GreenfiendNYJ and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Gang White

13. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I didn’t realize anyone was getting pissed off. I certainly am not one of those people.

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

White over green is fine but man that green/green combo especially the colour rush green was just vile. :p

Jets_Grinch, NY Jets68 and Cman68 like this.
  15. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Something like above (with a different logo) is my preferred uniform. It just looks so clean. I really hope they don't totally abandon the white. I also hope the helmet is primarily white, although I honestly doubt it.

16. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Out of everything I've seen on this board, this would be the best. Honestly, the flashy neon, loud other stuff is not for me...

regan62072 likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This is sweet. I (gasp) like it better than our current green uniform.

regan62072 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

With the exception of the logo, I like it too, at least as long as it has matching green pants!!! ;):p

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

As of tomorrow . . .

20. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

This is sharp ImO. I cld get down w seeing this *w flipped colors H v A* 2x each year! Seems too simple for Nike though