Mosley to the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

2. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

You just get dumber and dumber by the day, don't you?

Jets69 and stinkyB like this.
  3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Looks to me that Mac is content with Harrison @ C & Roberts @ CB#2. Then he will probably Draft C & CB.

I will admit Harrison held his own the last 4 games & Roberts looked good until they moved him to S. I would like to see upgrades at the positions, but at least we have 2 solid backups that have starting experience.

#264 BudJet, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think that you're probably right, but I think that is a mistake on Mac's part. That leaves him having to do something that one never wants to do entering the draft: looking for a starter in the draft at C and maybe at CB #2 as well. That's a recipe for a poor draft at the very least, if not disaster. Other teams will pretty much know what we're gonna do and they can prevent us from getting those players. It also could prevent any flexibility/ability to trade down.

I sure hope that you're wrong and that Mac is still speaking with agents and players and trying to sign a C and another CB.

Peebag likes this.
  5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

If other teams are more worried about sabotaging our plans than fixing their own problems, we’re in better shape than I thought.

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Lol this is like folks suggesting the Pats are going to do something to circumvent us.

Like they give a fuck.

Teams don’t make moves to screw other teams. They make moves in their best interest. If the byproduct hurts a competitor that’s just gravy.

Harpua and twown like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

It's not a matter of sabotaging our plans. That's the least of our worries.

It helps other teams in getting the players they want. We don't want to be in the business of helping our rivals get the players they want in the draft. If they know we have to take a C or a CB, and they need a DT, they know that they don't have to worry about us; otherwise, they may try to trade up or take another player.

It also could limit our trade down and/or trade up possibilities/opportunities.

More importantly, for other teams who also need a C or CB, they will know that they need to trade up ahead of us and they can do so and get a player that we planned to draft. For a team that needs a center and drafts at the end of the 2nd round, it could influence them to go ahead and take a center rather than waiting until their pick in the 3rd round, and then we lose out on that player.

If it doesn't matter what positions we will be forced to take, then why doesn't every GM just announce prior to the draft what postions they plan to draft and which players? The thing is it does matter. That's why GMs are so secretive, and always have been. It's common knowledge that teams don't want to go into the draft having to draft a player at a position. The best GMs always avoid that. Even Mac has previously.

8. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

A lot of attention is focused on the changes to our offense, but our defense could well be the most exciting change to the team.

I hated the defense under Bowles.

They couldn't get off the field and folded under pressure.

Not to mention the lack of a pass rush.

Sickening.

Our defense may prove (hopefully) to be Sams best asset..giving the offense more time and opportunities to work some magic. From what I've seen, Greg Williams has no problem getting his players motivated.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Folded when exhausted due to the first part of that sentence, there were times they looked very good but by the 4th quarter they were gassed.

11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Initially, I was not a fan of signing Mosley but I am liking it now and appreciating the FOs philosophy. When you sign FAs you are going to overpay. The worst thing one can do is overpay for mediocre FAs. See Trumaine Johnson. I like that Mac has learned and decided to overpay only for star players with high ceilings. Mosley and Bell are star players. Barr would have been a high ceiling guy as well. Crowder is young with good value. But I love the trade for Ose the most.

I really wanted a center. But I can understand not overpaying for Morse and I understand having concerns about Paradis injury. I hate that we did not get a center but I also applaud the Jets fiscal discipline and only overpay for star pro bowl players.

I am excited to see Mosley. The season cannot start soon enough.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well there's that.

I just hated the whole scheme that Bowles ran.

Maybe I'm off base and he was working with the players he had, but it was hard to watch.

I want to see a lot more verve, vigor & gusto on defense...and a lot more sacks.

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I think we can all agree on that last sentence :)

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Jamal needed some more DOGS.....[​IMG]

15. NCJetsfan

I agree with all except your statement about Morse. When you have a glaring hole at a very important position, you overpay to fix that hole, especially when you have the money/cap space. You don't put yourself into a position where you're forcing yourself to have to draft a player that position or just go with the mediocre backup-level player you already have at that position. Morse is worth overpaying. How foolish is Mac gonna look if they don't draft a C, or even if they do, and he's not capable of starting early this season, and then Sam sustains a serious injury because some pass rusher or blitzer blows right past Harrison and nails Sam?

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

We'd love some more sacks...(i'd leave that alone) :D

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Could be worse. My wife put on Indycar the other day and they called one guy "the pole master".

Royal Tee likes this.
  18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

If your wife only goes looking for the pole master on TV, you got nothing to worry about.

19. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I've never really been a fan of Bowles style of defense. He's definitely a solid defensive mind, but his defenses always gave up long drives and really had trouble getting off the field on third down, dating back to his Arizona days. Bend, don't break defenses rely on their offense to control the clock because the defense is almost always going to have to play 6-10 plays per drive...and give up a ton of field goals in the process. That's why his defenses always give up a fuck ton of yards, but are able to keep the PPG low. If you're using a zone blitz scheme, you'd better have some linebackers who are comfortable dropping into coverage. The best we've had in that capacity is Darron Lee...and even his coverage skills are underwhelming at times.

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.