Jets and Redskins Trade (La Canfora Speculation)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TurkJetFan, Mar 20, 2019.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Agreed, but I think Robby can be more then a low-end #2, I think he could be one of the better #2s in the league, need consistent QB play and needs to continue to develop.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If I'm Mac or the Jets' GM, I'd make that trade in a NY minute, but if you were the Dallas GM would you trade DeMarcus Lawrence for a 2020 2nd round pick and a late round pick? If I was the Dallas GM, I wouldn't, and I don't think the Cowpokes would, either.

If Mac could pull off that trade, I'd forgive him for all of his other blunders (including passing on Mahomes and drafting Hack) as long as he didn't blow the draft this year and next.

3. NCJetsfan

It would be even better if they forgot about Bosa and drafted Allen to pair with Lawrence.

4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Overkill, IMO. If they trade draft assets for Lawrence and can't trade down, I lean to them taking Q Williams over Allen or Bosa if available. It sounds sexy, doubling down on edge rush, though.

5. So we double down on 3T’s in a 34 scheme instead?With LW & Anderson already in the fold?

We double down on Edges they can both be on the field at same time & what team already has on interior..look out.

Yes williams can play in any scheme..but that doesnt mean hes an ideal fit in a 3-4. Sooner or later we gotta learn our lesson w taking these interior DL in a scheme that rarely optimizes their skillset..esp 3Ts.

ColoradoContrails and Sam Hammer like this.
  6. Sam Hammer

Great point. The way I see it, the longer this drags out with no contract, the cheaper his value will become since he's already on the franchise tag. I suspect the Cowboys would want more than that as well, but if the Jets play it right they could pounce at the right time and nail it.

7. Sam Hammer

I agree, and I hope that doesn't happen. Q Williams gives the Jets the versatility to incorporate more 4-3 looks into their playbook without it being a liability. It also gives them insurance in case Leonard wants to walk next year. I can see why the Jets might consider it.

I guess it really depends what direction Williams want to go with the defense. The thought of Allen + Lawrence in a 3-4 could give offenses nightmares.

#207 Sam Hammer, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    KurtTheJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Their, their, their, bee nice.

9. I respect your opinion.

But couldnt we be flexible schematically just as well w the 2 edges? LW & Anderson can both kick inside as 1/2/3 techniques.Mclendon can also 2 gap.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  10. Sam Hammer

Anderson struggled a bit in the Colts 4-3 system, so I don't think he would be as effective. He seems like your prototypical 3-4 DE, not sure how he would work out inside. Ultimately Greg Williams will be responsible to use players to their best ability. Sheppard could also play inside in a 4-3 look, but he hasn't shown to be starter caliber yet.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

And if we do by some chance trade down...wait until Draft Night. Let the price RISE. Don't trade early -- that's if you're BUYING (like last year). Let all the teams SWEAT.

Sam Hammer and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. spinjani

spinjani Member

I would favor trading with the Redskins, trying to get as many 2020 picks as possible. I believe they went 1-5 without Alex Smith, and then to make it even worse by putting in a rookie qb, we could have a killer draft next year. I think the strength of this year's draft is edge rusher, so if we can get a decent one in the first round and then really collect next year, that would maximize the third pick- with maybe the exception being that Bosa is available. I honestly may even trade away the spot with Bosa there if we were to get the Redskin's first this year (for that edge rusher), a lower pick this year- maybe a third, and then load up with rounds 1, 2, and 3 next year.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

DWC: . Utter nonsense, . with all due respect...

14. NCJetsfan

True. Good point. I should have included "with all due respect." Thanks for pointing that out.

@DWC: My apologies. I should have included "with all due respect."