Jets meet with Steve Wisniewski(OL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets21027, Mar 19, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I've given Mac credit for the good moves that he has made over the years, much moreso that most other posters here. Voicing displeasure is not whining, but using that term is a reflection of your own bad attitude and lack of respect towards others. The reality of the situation is that Mac has not made the OL nearly enough of a priority since he was hired, and that every year FA and the draft comes and goes and Mac does too little to fix the OL. The reality of the situtation is that the C position has been a black hole for the Jets for the last 3-4 seasons, and Mac has failed to correct the situation. At best, it could continue to holding back Sam's development, and at worst, it could get him seriously injured.

Of course other teams are signing FAs, and some may not want to play for the Jets. Maybe one of the reasons some of the FAs who have refused to sign here had for not signing here is Mac's incompetence and the shape the team is in. Entering what, year 4 or year 5 of a rebuild, and how many draft picks has he whiffed on? How many cheap, lower tier FAs has he brought in to fix or upgrade positions and they failed. How much talent does the team have? The bottom line is that it is his job to fix or at least upgrade the C position and he has failed to do so. Jensen or Richburg would have been hard pressed to have been as bad as Spencer was last year, and they would be hard pressed to be as bad as Harrison this year.

You can make excuses for Mac and keep supporting him blindly if you want to. I choose not to.

Have a nice day.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The difference between Spencer Long and Richburg or Jensen is he was able to move on from Long with little to no consequence. If he had signed Jensen or Richburg to the contracts they received like I’m sure you wanted we’d be saddled with a bad contract and still need a center. I’m nearly certain the Bills will be in the same situation next year as Morse has done nothing in his career to warrant being the highest paid center of all time.

I would have liked to sign Paradis as he is easily the best out of those three. All reports though seem to suggest he had no interest in NY and if that is the case there is not a damn thing Mac could’ve done about that.

Also don’t exaggerate to try to make a point, it’s a bad look. This is not year 5 of the rebuild. It is going into year 3 and the team is clearly a team on the rise with the offseason still in progress.

K'OB and GasedAndConfused like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You obviously know nothing about Morse. I suggest you do some research. He's young and has been a very good C. Players who aren't the best at their position get paid like they're the best fairly frequently in FA, especially if they play an important position where there aren't enough quality ones to go around.

I also disagree that Richburg and Jensen would have been as bad here as you suggest. That's strictly conjecture on your part. Each team is different. There are a number of reasons why they both may have struggled with their new teams last season. Even if they really aren't that good, both are probably still better than Harrison, Toth or any C the Jets could draft.

You're also wrong about Paradis. The reports are that the Jets initially expressed interest then made no contract offer to either Paradis or Morse. What were they supposed to do, wait around and hope that Mac eventually got around to making the C position a priority and made them an offer?

In terms of the rebuild, I'm not exaggerating. It IS year 5. The first two seasons were supposedly a competitive rebuild, and this is the 3rd season of the complete rebuild. Even though they are different types of "rebuilds" they are still rebuilds. The bottom line is that Mac has been signing FAs, making trades and drafting for 4 years and this is his 5th, and the overall talent level on the team still is alarmingly bad. That's the bottom line.

4. Attackett

Why don’t you tell me about Morse, since I know nothing about him and you obviously do? I’m well aware of players getting paid more than they should in FA and I don’t ever think it’s wise to make a very average injury prone player the highest paid at his position of all time.

As far as Jensen & Richburg, it’s conjecture on your part to suggest that they wouldn’t be as bad as they were with the Jets. What we do know is they were terrible with the teams they were on and they were never that good to begin with. Giants never had any intention to resign Richburg, why do you think his own team who was desperate for OL was so willing to let one walk away?

I’m not wrong on Paradis, I have no clue what went on other than he signed with the Panthers and neither do you. There’s been reports that the Jets didn’t make an offer, there’s been reports that he had no interest in NY, there’s been reports that Denver was concerned with his injury which was a big reason they didn’t attempt to sign him. There also were reports that teams wanted to bring him in to check on his health before signing him and if the Jets were one of those teams then it was a responsible decision and losing out on him is just part of the business and we’ll see if he recovers and is still effective. I wanted Paradis and am disappointed the Jets didn’t get him as he is the only one of the four that is above average but it’s not a huge miss worth complaining over a week later and it certainly doesn’t outweigh the excellent signings/trades that Mac did execute.

You know damn well the Jets weren’t rebuilding the first 2 years. After the Fitz debacle Mac talked the Johnsons into a full rebuild which was sorely needed for a long time. Since then we are clearly a team on the rise already with the rest of FA still to go and an excellent position in the draft to either get a blue chip talent or my personal choice of moving down, stockpiling picks and really setting this franchise up for long term success.

mrjet80 and K'OB like this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He had broken fingers, nothing to do with him being a guard or a centre, come on man stop looking for reasons to bitch.

Same for the guys with the guys who keep tacking on "He will/should be sacked" if he has or hasn't done what they deem necessary.

Man, it is depressing reading somedays.

6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Don’t know what happened to this guy, he must not have meet this exceedingly high standards to be an offensive line on this team (lol).

It’s clear the Jets are nearly done with their 1st and 2nd tier FA signings. They must either have a plan to trade, draft, or simply they are fine with starting Harrison at center. While I am upset we didn’t address arguably the two most glaring needs on this team, there still is time to plug a few more holes. Macs new mission should be to rebuild the offensive line. If we got a pass rush and center in the draft I’d definitely be stoked as hell.

boozer32 likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I was on vaca when this visit happened, but he's not that good and I'm not upset we passed.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

That's smart.
    Take the vacation in the offseason so you can focus come training camp. ;)

Go anywhere good?

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

This. Perhaps the greatest thing Mac has done for this organization was talking sense into ownership towards the end of 2016. Now that the rebuild appears to be slowly turning into the long term betterment of the franchise Chris Johnson can smile and talk tough all he wants to...

Mac needs to hit on these draft picks though. He drafting after the second round has been shaky at best. His well executed trades ( including landing Darnold ) and salary cap management has kept him afloat to this point. Now that there is light at the end of the tunnel the Johnsons are expecting to see experiment come all the way through. Mac won't get there by finding only 1 or 2 players every draft......

10. Attackett

Agreed. I’m hopeful that his drafting will start to look better with what I think and hope is a competent coaching staff in place.

11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Well then plan on being stoked because those should be among the first two positions he hits......

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

dude youre arguing with the least knowledgeable person on this board...he reads bullshit articles and gets a player in his head that he claims he knows when in reality he has no idea what hes talking about. I made a comment the other day which is similar to what youre saying now about the FAs we signed/traded for. I said I wouldnt trade any one of those guys for one of the centers that some people think we should have signed. Morse over Mosely hahahahhaha

joe and Attackett like this.