DK Metcalf

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Keep in mind most bigger receivers and backs don’t even bother to run the three cone because they know their times will suck.

Even if he only runs go routes, posts, and curls, if he does it at a Calvin Johnson type level he’s worth it. I’m a lot like you with him, I see the massive potential, but also the pit falls.

2. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Love watching this guy's breakdowns of the draft's best players. He does a good job explaining why Metcalf should be viewed as a consensus first rounder and one of the best receivers in the draft. People are getting a bit too concerned with the 3-cone time when short-area quickness really isn't something applicable to his play style.

jilozzo and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm torn after watching that video. I see why he's likely gonna be a 1st round pick, but his negatives still give me pause about selecting him if we got the chance.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Oh he is a sure fire first rounder, perhaps even a top ten guy. We just have greater needs in other areas to risk it at 3 IMO.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

the only way this guy becomes somewhat of a draft target is if the jets acquire a pick in 15-20 range in round 1. But i think most folks would prefer OL in that area.

b.reyes16 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

How many attempts did he have on the 3 cone drill? I only saw highlights of the one attempt and it looked like he slipped a little, so obviously the score would be low. Did he take multiple tries and just bad at it, or are folks really up in arms about 1 bad try? Thanks

At least he did it by the way and didn't fake an injury or something, gotta respect that even if it was just bad

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Will be in his new teams city by the time 15-20 rolls around. He’s going in top 10, I would be giving him a strong look if we were to trade down to the 6-8 range.

8. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Same feeling I had a few weeks back. Pass on this guy. It would be a colossal mistake. Go get a pass rusher.

Cromartie's_kid likes this.
  9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

IF we miss on the pass rushers because neither fall to us we need to at least consider him or a counterpart WR

b.reyes16 likes this.
  10. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I am not a big fan of Jonah Williams, but I think I would prefer drafting him to play Guard over Metcalf.

Metcalf is a workout warrior who was oft injured in college. If injuries occur often in college, they tend to follow in the NFL.

11. Hes not a work out warrior.You can say hes injury prone but he was considered a top 5 pick as early as September.

He demonstrates the ability to separate,get over the top,win contested balls & win in the redzone all in the SEC.

Its hard to point to the production when he shared the ball w 2 other legit nfl prospects at WR w a so so QB.

The combine was just icing on the cake.Forget the stop watch.Just watch how explosive & smooth he is in his movements.The stop watch may lie..movement skills & tangible skills in the SEC rarely do.

b.reyes16 and Harpua like this.
  12. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I don’t know, watching more videos... Metcalf may just be worth gambling on with pick 3. He could bust, but the way he runs, you can’t say it doesn’t look an awful lot like Calvin Johnson. Him and Robbie outside with Enunwa and Crowder inside, along with Herndon and Bell... maybe just maybe we’d have an offense... Hopefully the Jets do their due diligence.

Attackett and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

People are just regurgitating the arguments against Alshon Jeffery to use against DK.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The ideal draft right now is a trade down with Giants. Adding picks while moving down to 6 offsets the risk of drafting Metcalf.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We have 12 men in the huddle under this scenario

16. Except Jeffery didn't have a good combine & wasn't great at getting separation in college.

It kind of reminds me of OBJ. Folks knocked his production in college failing to acknowledge he played along side Jarvis Landry w. Jeremy Hill in the backfield.Then when he blew away massive WR competition at the combine(Not just w. measurables) everyone said he was a workout warrior.

But just like metcalf when you consistently separate & show tangible skill in the SEC it's hard to deny. They are very different style receivers. OBJ more of a slasher & Metcalf more of a rebounder..but one thing they both have is explosion & that is undeniable.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jeffery Clocked a 4.38 40 at his proday and had much better production at SC. I think he got good, but not as good, seperation as Metcalf. They have somewhat similar skill sets. DK is a bit faster and better off the line to be sure. I really wanted Jeffery coming out of SC. I just love the top few edge rushers in this class.

18. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

DK is going to be a star. He won’t make it past the Jaguars. We definitely need a pass rusher but we also need a #1 for Sam.

The way I see it is if Bosa is there we take him. If he’s gone it’s down to Allen or DK.