Jets and Redskins Trade (La Canfora Speculation)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TurkJetFan, Mar 20, 2019.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd take less if Scherff were involved.
    He's a top 3 G imo..

Just will suck continuing to have no edge burner..

M00ndawg and GQMartin like this.
  2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Another thing to consider if this trade goes through is the Jets using a couple of the picks from the Skins haul to move back up from # 15.....maybe a little closer for getting a pass rusher. It wouldn't be Bosa or Allen but maybe somebody in the next tier. As long as it isn't the Skins 2020 # 1 - the Jets keep that. We all know It'll be a high pick....LOL.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Skins dont have a 4 this year

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

this is a time i'd like to point out, while we did give up a ton to move to 3 last year, remember what we gave up to move to 5 for sanchez?
    In exchange for the fifth pick, the Jets gave up the 17th pick, their second-round selection and three players: defensive end Kenyon Coleman, safety Abram Elam and quarterback Brett Ratliff. It was a huge fleece job. we offloaded a scrub tier QB, a back-up safety, and a decent at best DE and just a 2nd rounder.
    If Washington moves up, it'll have to be a combo of picks and players for sure. I'm thinking like their 1st and 2nd this year, next yeas 1st and 2nd, and a player like jordan reed or morgan moses or trent williams.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we could get ferell or burns around 15 TBH. it appears the top 3 currently are allen, bosa, and sweat and all 3 should go top 10 and at that point not many teams will be looking at edge rusher

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I can’t see Washington giving up a top o lineman while bringing in a young qb. But I would take less to get him also

BacktoQueens likes this.
  7. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I love Bosa and Allen, but hell yes we would only be so lucky if the Skins come knocking for Haskins. Please do.

Having said that, this looks like pure speculation.

8. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

As much as we could get a huge haul of picks. Our gm hasn’t done a good job of drafting. And we haven’t had a pass rusher in years many many years. We could get a tremendous pass rusher. 15 and on could be a crap shoot you trusting mccagnan with these picks? I sure don’t. Last few years guys fell to us. Last yr he took a chance and it worked I’ll give him credit. But josh Allen Williams or bosa are just to good to pass up

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Yep that occurred to me, and you likely right.
    But still, he's entering his fifth year option without a long term deal worked out yet, and they may not be able to afford him.
    So if completely rebuilding, you never know.

If the deal isn't very enticing, just stay put and draft Allen.

FJF likes this.
  10. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

if nothing else this is leverage to push the Giants into a deal IF they really are interested in Haskins.

11. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Washington do have 8/9 picks in draft, including 2 3rd round picks and 2 5th rd picks which neither are enticing if you ask me. However with the number of picks they have for 2019 could force them to over pay us with loaded front end picks this year and next year including 2 of their third rd picks. Jets could wound up with 15th, 2nd rd picks and 4 3rd picks. Enticing? Ehh depends on what they throw in for 2020.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

All La Canfora has is speculation. That pinhead's next scoop will be his first.

Chappy13 and FJF like this.
  13. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Macc is a horrible drafter. I would much rather see the Jets stick with the 3rd pick and grab Bosa, Williams or Allen. The Jets have been starved for a bonafide edge rusher forever and this is finally their shot at picking up a stud.

AJW likes this.
  14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Absolutely. If Washington is really interested in Haskins, the Giants could drive up the price.

#54 MDJets, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Most likely any deal whether it's with Washington or NYG will have to be done on the clock as SF could always let a team jump them

16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Well said all around. I think 2020 picks have to be included.

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We would definitely get next years 1st which could easily be very high in first round. We should 100% move to 15 if we can get next years 1st along with 2nd and 3rd this year.

18. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I’d want what they gave up to get RGIII.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What's the point of trading down to get more picks, and then turning around and trading those picks to move back up? That would defeat the purpose of trading down altogether. If the Jets are committed to taking an edge rusher with their first pick and don't think they could get one trading down to #15, then they shouldn't trade down. In all likelihood, the Jets would have to use Washington's #1 pick next year, our own, or next year's second to trade back up. You really didn't think that one through.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd laugh my arse off if the Redskins really have no interest in Haskins, but are doing this to force the Giants to trade the ranch to move up to get Haskins. I'd much rather trade down to #6 than #15. It would be even better if they both got into a trading war however, and we were the recipients of their largesse!

We could be assured of at least getting Brian Burns then, but may be able to get him at #15.

Footballgod214 likes this.