Jets and Redskins Trade (La Canfora Speculation)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TurkJetFan, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

With the Redskins pick we could get a tackle/guard hybrid like William's or Ford, with their 2nd rounder we could get a center and next years one could be a top 5 pick.

It's hard to turn down an edge rusher but such a trade would allow us to immediately rebuild our OL.

twown likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's a tough choice for sure. Having Sam now, I like the idea of replenishing the roster to help him. Getting Bosa or Allen would be great though too, as we have not had a great pass rusher since John Abraham (when he was on the field).

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I know folks are hesitant to trade down if the possibility that Bosa and/or Allen could be on the board but at the same time I’ve seen about a dozen legit player options for round 3 when we only have 2 picks and more move up suggestions to get into round 2.

I want Bosa or Allen but I think I’d rather have 5 players in Rounds 1-3 rather than three (and a 1 next year and more) so we can address Edge C WR RB LT.

Too many good options in rounds 2 and 3 not to fill a bunch of holes.

4. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Please... please... PLEASE let this happen. PLEASE. Yes, Mac's drafts have sucked, it's well-documented, but we have to roll the dice if this bonanza presents itself. The Skins 1st rounder in 2020 alone will be another premium pick, and it will come AFTER this transitional year when so little about the current team's identity and chemistry is clear at all.

In the meantime the deal could potentially pump so much young and cheap talent into the team.

5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Can you email your selections to Mac?

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This can only end with Turkish dance!

[​IMG]

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Washintgon would have to do another trade with someone else to even get into the same room with us to talk trade...or include a player on top of multiple picks and I have no idea who they have that we want or that they would be willing to give up.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

siktir git!!!! LOL :)

9. TurkJetFan

If the Jets win the SB, Brook and I will record a traditional turkish dance, and swirl around like whirling dervishes in our Darnold jerseys. We will go with Ibrahim Tatlises as the musical choice.

Brook! and BacktoQueens like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think that would be enough to move down that far. That's what I would expect from the Giants to move down to #6 or maybe a team around 8-9. To move down to #15, I would think the Jets would get Washington's 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks this year, their #1 and #2 pick next year and maybe their 2021 #1 or #2 pick. To take a player instead, he would have to be a starting caliber player at a position of need for the Jets. I'm not familiar with the Redskins, but looking at this past season's depth chart, they do play a 3-4 D. Ryan Kerrigan would be a fit for us, but I doubt the Redskins would give him up. It looks like they play zone coverage in the secondary, so I doubt any of their CBs would be a fit. I liked Derrius Guice coming out of LSU, but it looks like he was injured this past season as he had no stats. Jordan Reed was a thought at TE, but looking at his career, the most games he has started in a season has been 8, and he's never appeared in all 16 games in a season (he has started 35 games and appeared in 65 out of 96 possible games), so it appears he has lots of injury issues. I may be mistaken, but think their OL uses a man or power-based blocking scheme and not the zone that the Jets will use primarily, so am not sure any of their OL would even be of interest to the Jets.

11. TurkJetFan

hes a lazoli. Ask him what it means.

:) :) lol

12. TurkJetFan

you buggin dawg

M00ndawg, Mogriffjr and FJF like this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Until someone like Schefter or Rappaport reports that the Jets are trading down, I'll take this speculation with a grain of salt.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The thing is we might not even have to turn down an edge rusher. I doubt that Brian Burns would still be there at #15, but he might be. I'd rather take him than someone like Jonah Williams or Cody Ford, and we could use their #1 pick next year to help us draft an LT or to draft a stud WR.

Noam likes this.
  15. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Moving all the way down to the 15 would have a huge return, but it seems a bit unrealistic. To pass on Bosa or Allen, the deal better be MEGA and they should wait until draft day because it will only get better as time goes on.

The thought of picking all the way down at 15 scares me. Scherff should be mandatory in the deal, if not I wouldn't even consider it. I'm okay with trading down, but do not want to go past the #6.

I personally think the most prudent way to do this is to listen to the Reskins' offer and then call the Giants and tell them the Jets are about to pull the trigger if they don't overpay right now, then we can milk the Giants for everything they are worth and not go too far down in the draft.

#35 Sam Hammer, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Any conversation for the 3 starts with this year’s 2 and next years 1 and 2.

With the skins probably being terrible next year that 1 could be a top 4 and again very tradeable with the qbs due to come out.

CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

@AJW

You know what happens after @Brook! calls you cool?

[​IMG]

18. TurkJetFan

That’s the inherent point of speculation...

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I get that, just trying to not get my hopes up over something that may happen.

20. If we don't trust MAC to make picks than he shouldnt be the GM..simple as that.

Trading down is the best thing for this franchise. Our needs are bigger than Bosa/Allen..esp when the strength of this edge class is far reaching beypnd just those 2.Neither are can't miss.

The redskins are notorious for overreacting & overpaying. Take them to the Cleaners & lets Actually start adding players rather than Tip toeing through the Tulip patch.

This taking a premium talent in a top 10 slot & adding little else every season MIGHT have us competitive in 5 years. It's time for the Front office to put on their big boy pants, bring in some volume & capitalize.

NCJetsfan and twown like this.