Allen not even close to Bosa.....

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 17, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I agree. I think a guy who loves football would never be able to bring himself to sit and watch his college teammates play their end of the year bowl game as a financial decision. You can have guys that sit like that on your team but I'd rather have the guy that loves football too much, all things considered.

--

I also think about the position as well. Rushing the passer is very much a desire thing. Its 3rd down and you have 2 seconds to do anything possible to knock that QB down, come 300lb lineman or hell or high water. That takes a ton of desire. If it was just about speed and strength, Vernon Gholston would've been a dominant pass rusher. It takes that extra thing inside though. If sitting out the bowl game to protect your draft future was a thing back then, Gholston would've sat by the way. No doubt about it.

The fact that Allen didn't sit, I respect greatly.

(Bosa left his team in October. they were 7-0 at the time)

#41 BrowningNagle, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    b.reyes16 likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Both of them had really good production, but I do give you that in terms of physique ... I was looking more in terms of what they can bring to the table on this defense ... I just think it would be an absolute overkill to have him. Too many inside players IMO, and not enough on the outside to keep the offensive line on their toes.

EDGE class might not be as good in the next couple years. Q to be honest, hasn't even been on my radar. If Leo shits the bed, we can find someone else next year.

ColoradoContrails and Harpua like this.
  3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'm with you. They are similar in skill set. We need a pure edge much more than another DT/3T type. If Bosa or Allen are on the board and we take Williams I think its a huge mistake.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Abdominal surgery will have that effect on you.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Are you fucking kidding? He had surgery on his abdomen. He was out after week 4 and rehabbing at the time he announced he would not be back.

FJF likes this.
  6. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

For our sake, if we draft Allen, I hope your right! I would love nothing better to have a young, speed demon pass rusher to get after all these athletic QB's. I have watched almost every video on YouTube of individual games Josh Allen played and I was concerned that he seemed to get stuck at the line so much when he was rushing the passer. I also noticed he got sealed on the edge quite a bit on running plays. Who knows though, if he adds strength and can learn some better technique....maybe he can turn into a great rusher. I just don't see the violence and explosion in his play right now that you see in some of the elite players at the same position. Here's what I do like about Allen though: great size and physique, he's a speed demon, he's a team leader, he has great flexibility....all that stuff can make him a contributor. I think Bosa is the safer and more complete choice, but if we go Allen he has my full support and I will hope I'm wrong. I think his worse case scenario is probably Anthony Barr....

7. BrowningNagle

He left his team and his school completely so we’ll never know, but there was a December timeframe for his return.

The college football playoff was December 29th and January 7th. At the time Ohio State was 7-0 and very much in play for that. They ended up not making it because they lost to Purdue, like two days after he quit on them. These are all facts

8. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Question: How difficult is it for pass rushers / defensive linemen to improve on using their hands effectively? Is it an innate/instinctive thing, or more something that can be taught over time?

9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Josh Allen and we need to draft the kid. He comes off as being very intelligent. I just watched an interview of his and he sounds extremely smart. I just watched Quinnen Williams' pro-day interview and he does not sound bright, at all.

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Wow … your really a joke. God forbid an injured player sit out.

11. BrowningNagle

That is NOT what happened. He didn’t just sit out. Did he leave the college or not? What is wrong with telling truth

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I didn't know Allen could cover that well, he might be better in coverage then Barr

13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

He had abdominal surgery--core surgery--which as everyone knows, the core is the gateway to the athletes entire body.

Fuck around with that just a LITTLE and you could be done for a year.

And forfeit millions of dollars.

For Ohio State University, the NCAA and the TV networks.

Anyone not recognizing this is just trolling.

And I hope they aren't hypocritical enough to want the other 19 players that skipped their bowl games with NO injuries.

A bunch of first round talents like N'Keal Harry and Noah Fant and Ed Oliver and Greedy Williams and Rashan Gary.

What a total crock of shit--no one here would have done any different.

Harpua and PennyandtheJets like this.
  14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

If he wasn’t injured, my guess is he probably would have sat the bowl game out so I’ll give you that.

Once his rehab was forever long AND he was getting 1st overall buzz, the decision to leave made sense to me.

FJF likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

Sitting out the season is one thing, but leaving the team and college all together?? He couldnt stick around and support his teammates?

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm so hoping we draft Allen..
    He's exactly what this defense needs imo........Get creative with him and move him around like Lawrence Taylor to keep offenses guessing.

ColoradoContrails likes this.