Jets SIGNED LeVeon Bell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Cman, I am in no way disagreeing with you nor am I siding with him, but I also don't want this board to start banning or silencing people just because they are often annoying or not liked by many. That's not the right road to go down. While his posts are nauseating, we do have the option of blocking that user. He is not posting insulting language or saying things that violate the rules.

Just my opinion. Again, I am not defending him but I am just speaking to what I believe to be detrimental to a public forum

NYJFOREVER and twown like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Although everyone has a right to their opinion, they do not have the right to annoy everyone else. There is a minimum amount of decorum we ask of our posters one of which is to try not to be super annoying. Yes, everyone can simply block DWC and that would make my job much easier, but why wouldn't be easier to just make the effort to be more than a self promoting A-hole who can't keep his posts under 5000+ characters..

To quote Spock: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" or the one in this case. DWC has been down this road before. He knows what he's doing and the consequences of his actions. If he keeps posting like this, we will have to take into account the overall quality of the board and take action. I didn't warn DWC cause as you know, my warnings come in bold red. I simply advised him to change the overall directions of his posts which for some reason, always comes back to patting himself on his back.

Now when DWC starts to take incoming from the other posters here, be advised it will be well deserved. He's asking for it and you know TGG.com. He will get it. Its his choice to get along and its Our choice to tolerate DWC... Or not...

#682 Cman68, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Brook!, abyzmul, Noam and 4 others like this.
  3. Falco21

I'm not gonna go back and forth with you about this, especially about a poster I don't agree with, but that's where I disagree with you. A poster on this forum does have the right to post his/her opinion. Whether that annoys or offends others, is not the fault of the poster and goes against the very definition of an opinion. I don't agree with a lot of posters on here and many don't agree with me, but I also don't want them removed just because their view is "annoying" to me.

I'll leave it at that. I just hope this forum doesn't just start banning people for disagreement or annoyance

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Usually, we don't ban anyone unless its a untenable situation. DWC has not been banned. If he chooses to continue down this path, he will have to accept the consequences. If he actually breaks a forum rule or becomes disruptive to the extreme, that's a different conversation.

Falco21 likes this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

@Falco21 I wanted to chime in on this. I 100% agree that people shouldn't be banned just because people don't agree with them or their posting style is annoying (I've been accused of that more times than I can count, haha) without flagrantly breaking any rules. I also don't believe in ganging up on people, but this poster's history was long before your time here. He was legitimately banned several times and kept coming back under different user names for starters.

So then he comes back years later in his newest incarnation and people picked up on who he was immediately. CMan was gracious enough to let him stay, but then he started up his cluttering the board/superfluous threads/spamming with stats that were mostly unnecessary/de-railing other threads with how right he was about this or that and completely going to back to his old modus operandi. The thing is he was in his late teens/early 20s back then, now he's in his early 30s and still doesn't get it . . . or does he? I'm going with the latter.

It's a message board and I don't have anything personal against anyone, but he continually, continuously, and blatantly kept wearing out his welcome then as well as now. CMan gave him several polite warnings this go 'round and he kept defying him and even made it worse for himself by doubling down on his antics. In fact, I can't believe how much rope he gave him (Brook!, too) but he would take that rope and hang himself with it. After several warnings, CMan temporarily suspended him because he refused to even mildly stay in his lane. He deserved it, and not because people didn't agree with him or people found his postings annoying. Yeah, there's an ignore button, but the flip-side to that is why should an entire board and people's enjoyment be held hostage by a poster who in reality is disrespecting everyone in some passive aggressive game of chicken. Granted he more or less doesn't retaliate. In fact, he likes people's posts or ignores them when people get fed up when he feels the ice beneath his skates is getting thin. IMO I honestly think he does it on purpose. I mean, what other explanation is there?

I just wish that @abyzmul would bring back his old avatar of Philly Staxx in his Dolphins jersey with testicles photoshopped to his chin. At least for a little while, haha. Anyway, I hope that puts it in a slightly different context and I hope you enjoyed my giant block of shit that no-one wants to read. And do please entertain yourself with his 'I called it!!!' thread. It's the very epitome of what irks people. It's really too bad it was shuttered.

Noam, Cman68, Falco21 and 1 other person like this.
  6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Good word.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Should a poster be band for referring to himself in the third person?

And if so, do they both get band?

Asking for a friend.

#687 Acad23, Mar 18, 2019
  8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that found nothing wrong at all with DWC's post? He's excited about getting a top FA play maker. You can't blame him.

9. Falco21

Oh believe me, I'm sure this goes back much further than me. I understand everything you are saying and in no way am I saying he is not at fault with the shit he writes. I have been on here for a very long time and I have always loved coming on here. As many know, I live in Miami, there are not many Jets fans I know down here, so it's a nice outlet for me to talk about my team and with people who actually know their shit. Maybe my view coincides with the rhetoric in the world today. With all the bullshit going on in politics and in the public arena, I don't want the silencing of individuals just because they do not fit the belief systems you esposue to. If there is a much deeper story, than forgive my ignorance. My response was based on what I have seen since I've been here and the posters I have seen banned.

Again, I am not defending anyone. I'm simply just trying to make sure this forum stays as a respectable place for me to talk about my Jets, even if that means disagreeing and blocking certain individuals

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The only thing wrong with it is the self congratulations he gives himself because other posters thought paying what Bell wanted was too much. The fact he hasn't mentioned is we got him for a price way below that figure and if people knew 3 months ago he would be costing so little then there would have been less opposition to his signing, also I have never seen one poster say Bell wasn't a huge talent.

#690 K'OB, Mar 18, 2019
  11. jetophile

And like clockwork he liked my post. No, there's nothing wrong with it, but he's not only just excited about Bell. He's mostly excited to tell everyone how right he was.

Understood and I hear you in theory and on principle on all scores, but I think you'd be better served yakking it up with @The Waterboy. @stinkyB, or @TonyFtLaud. DefenseWinsChampionships, even the length of his user name makes my eyes bleed. To be clear, no-one is saying he should be silenced. More like someone should put a pillow over his face. j/k

Agree that mob rule shouldn't rule the day, ESPECIALLY in real life. That being said, he's been given a lot more leeway than you realize and then can't help himself and starts abusing it. It'll happen again. Tick-tock.

Falco21 and Jets69 like this.
  12. jetophile

13. jetophile

I didn't know Bob Dole posts here, too.

#693 jetophile, Mar 18, 2019
  14. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Where do you get this crap from?

Did you ever hear of Jim Brown?

What does this even mean?

You called it!!!

Jets69 likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You're not the only one.

As long as he doesn't threaten people and leaves politics & religion out of it, he's harmless.

Plus...he gives El Rollo Loco something to do in his free time.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You'd appreciate this....

Being a Syracuse alumni, you learn of the Jim Brown legendary status when you step on campus. For years, I was looking to buyt a Jim Brown signed helmet and found one on eBay for 35$. Evidently, the person selling was handling for an estate sale and had no idea what it was.

So, for 35$, it was worth the risk to buy it for me...took the helmet to a forensic authentication place and sure enough, it's the real deal.

Have it sitting next to my Curtis Martin HoF signed helmet on my desk at work.

Brook! likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's pretty damn cool.

Any way you could post a pic?

I only have two sports related items...a baseball signed by Reggie Jackson on one side and Billy Martin on the other side.

Getting Reggie to sign it was easy.
    I had to beg Martin to sign it once he saw Reggie's signature on the ball.

Mickey Mantle & Whitey Ford both refused. Pricks both.

The other memento is a signed picture of Namath & myself. I worked with him for three days on a commercial.

He was the coolest guy I ever met. But I'm biased.

I was a NY Jet fan before he signed...he cemented my Jet allegiance when he won SBIII

All hail Namath!!!

K'OB, Chappy13 and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

[​IMG]

Mariano Rivera on the ball.
    Mike Tyson on the glove.
    Packers old timers on the helmet (met them visiting Lambeau).
    Nothing on the Syracuse helmet.

Grew up collecting this stuff so I have a bunch of nice pieces including a Mantle, Aaron, Namath...
    Sister-in-law met Jeter at a Giants game this past season so I have a baseball signed by him.
    Bought an Aaron Judge ball last year.
    Met Mangold in Madison couple months ago, got his signature on a bottle of wine and a helmet.
    Met Darnold at training camp, got him to sign 2 jerseys for me.
    Got Robbie and Jamal on a Helmet.
    Friend won a Jamal football and gave it to me.

Think I'm done for a while. These are just for the joy of collecting, they really aren't worth anything in the scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#698 GQMartin, Mar 18, 2019
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah...the stuff with a personal connection is the best...imo.
    When there's a story attached it makes it more dear.

Nice stuff ya got there...

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great collection! Weren't you worried that Tyson might try to bite or eat you when you asked him to sign the glove? ;)

GQMartin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.