Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Of course, and each one has a different weighting factor.

Money being the most important. Lifestyle, taxes, what the wife wants all of that.

And all things being equal, recruitment might be the tipping point but all things are never equal.

What Jamal did was phenomenal, you love seeing the defacto face of the franchise and team leader do that.

But to think he’s the reason Bell signed here is naive. Or people just want to believe it. It’s pablum layered in after the fact.

2. Rollo Tomassi

What does “actively” involved mean?

I’m sure his agent had phone calls with a ton of teams but from what we all heard Tuesday night Baltimore and the Ravens never offered, nothing about the 49ers and the Jets were bidding against themselves. To the extent he asked them to delay announcing until his album dropped.

Again I love what Jamal did and if it makes people warm and fuzzy that he was the reason Bell signed I’m happy for you.

Bell signed because of the money.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Im not going to continue this back and forth. You've made up your mind and I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm simply pointing out that there were other teams trying to sign Bell and while money obviously was the number one factor, it was not the only factor. There are many reasons guys choose to play for certain organizations. Money isn't always the only one. Anthony Barr is a prime example of that.

And just as you keep stating that there were ZERO other offers and that the Jets were "bidding against themselves", you have just as much proof of that as the other guy saying Jamal Adams was the main reason he signed. You are going solely off reporting in the media, nothing more. And that's fine, that's all we as fans have to go on, but your guess is just as good as anyone else's. So calling someone out on their opinion on a matter we all have zero full understanding of, is wrong

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Please forgive him. He's just not used to having a Pro Bowl Jet and future All-Pro who's a mega attraction for big name Free Agents. I loved Revis, Mangold, Brick, Curtis Martin etc but I don't remember any of them having Jamal's recruiting ability off the field. Please forgive this guy lol .

5. Rollo Tomassi

Stop troll I’ve been a Jet fan longer than you’ve been a Dolphin and Rays fan combined.

Please don’t quote all time great Jets to me.

Oh wait, lists, it what you do.

Lol.

Jets69 likes this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

There were a few. Felt like plenty. Way back when.

It started off as our GM wasted our 1st round pick by drafting a quote nothing more than a box safety unquote. Others felt Maye was better. Etc. Some claimed he should have kept his mouth shut once speaking upon a losing culture. Etc. Harped all over the kid for not recording record breaking INT's out the gate (as if that's why he was considered by many as #1 pick worthy to begin with; ints. To make it worse I still remember right here within this same thread of having to defend his play due to a missed tackle during a preseason game. A preseason game. Etc.

Jamal Adams has taken a lot of slack around here since the very moment he was drafted. But look @ him now. Pro Bowler heading into his 3rd year.
    And just recruited Le'Veon like a dog.

From player to player Bell stated himself that Jamal Adams made it happen.

Heck after our week 17 game he told our GM we need more dogs. Actions speak louder than words and Adams wasn't playing Le'Veon didn't shout out everyone on our team for him coming here. No. He didn't.

However he did give nothing but support and praise to Adams himself. Who just recruited him like a dog. Did Sam Darnold or even Curtis Martin damn near stalk Bell throughout this entire process? I don't know, but I know who did. Where are those people who claimed Adams wasn't an off the field leader? Bell would say differently.

Some failed to realize his hunger and passion once he walked onto the podium. Feels like yesterday. Experts who analyze the game can not stop raving about him when on the field. His range is rare. Primetime defender roaming our entire defense. It's exciting.

Fk Mahomes we just landed Darnold/Adams back to back.

Call me a Homer but most of our good one's always do. They take slack. The pain of not winning since 1969. I've even seen Curtis Martin called out.

The crow is for the taking Jamal Adams is the greatest safety who's represented green and white since forever. Because Ronnie Lott was no longer in his prime. Name another recent one like Kerry Rhodes and I'll laugh at you. Rollo feels Ray Lewis will be the last great defensive player and F.A attraction.

Heaven forbid Jamal Adams was a F.A attraction for one of the games most deadly offensive players of All-Time. I guess you're not allowed to talk about it.

#726 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Mogriffjr likes this.
  7. Rollo Tomassi

Holy shit it’s started.

8. Rollo Tomassi

Jamal Adams was and has been universally recognized as a GREAT draft pick, likely the best player in that draft, a GREAT player and a GREAT Jet and the de facto leader and face of our franchise.

Don’t pat yourself on the back thinking you’re the only one who realizes this.

You’re not the bestest Jet fan here.

Clearly you’re the best Dolphin and Tampa Bay Ray fan.

That doesn’t mean shit.

Jets69 likes this.
  9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Omg wow

jetophile likes this.
  10. Rollo Tomassi

This won’t end well for him.

We’ll be fine.

Jets69 likes this.
  11. lightning

lightning Active Member

You're gonna give yourself a stroke. Reading back, at this point you're doing it to yourself. Why not ignore and be done with the stress?

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Dude, you're not helping yourself here.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Don't give him "a lot of slack".

14. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Even the lurkers have their popcorn ready

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

SO FEW WORDS, SO MUCH IMPACT. I think I'll start a thread with a poll to see if his 'I called it!!!' thread about his AMAZING Bell thread and his imaginary psychic powers should be re-opened. A shame that was shuttered. It was fun while it lasted.

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

'Killing Me Softly' by Roberta Slack. Good song.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

#738 K'OB, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Great stats! Great Safety! But how many games was he the principle reason they won? I still would've taken Mahomes.

NFL Player Stats - Passing Yards, Gross: 5670; Rank #1
    NFL Player Stats - Passing Touchdowns: 53; Rank #1

NFL Player Stats - Yards Per Pass Thrown: 8.7; Rank #2
    NFL Player Stats - QB Rating: 112.2; Rank #2
    2018 AP Offensive Player of the Year
    2018 FedEx Player of the Year
    2018 AP MVP of the Year

Team Record: 12-4

Yeah, I know, here I go again, going on about something that can't be changed, but the point is that no matter how good a Safety - or any other position - is, they will never exceed the value of a good QB, and it's mind boggling that someone paid to evaluate team needs and players could not understand this. And it's also mind boggling that people still think that focusing on defense is a recipe for championships.

Okay, back to the Jamal Adams Parade.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

So, are you suggesting that the person responsible for the thread doesn't know talent?

FJF likes this.