Jets SIGNED LeVeon Bell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Holy shit this is exciting!!!

2. Falco21

In his defense, it's a very good question and another reason why we need to sign more talent on the line. I'm positive it will be addressed in the offseason during practice, but it is a concern that needs to be a top priority

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Anderson is signed. he's tendered which is the same as like a franchise tag and that happened before FA began. I get what you are saying but it's quite a bit of an exaggeration i mean you said holes at every position which basically means you said we need to replace darnold and adams and williams, and williamson, and trumaine, and Q, and robbie all of which were under contract before free agency. so I mean yeah we did have a lot of holes to start but it wasn't every position lol that's all i'm saying

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

It really is man. Last night when the Jets finally announced + tweets were coming in recapping the media conference call, I couldn't help but to continue to feel giddy as all hell. It seems as if Bell legit was a Jets fan growing up because of Martin. He was looking for his $ and the Jets came to a point where couldn't turn away. The biggest take from his remarks was definitely the praise of Sam.

Falco21 likes this.
  5. Falco21

Yup, him saying the Sam was a big reason he chose here, felt almost surreal. We forgot what it feels like to have a franchise QB

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Watching the videos, he seems to have the most enthusiasm coming to the Jets than I've ever seen. I try to watch all of the vignettes the Jets release with new players and Bell is really, really excited.

Biggs likes this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Just watched several of the vids on Bell. This guy doesn't seem like a malcontent player who will be a locker room problem. He's smart, enthusiastic, sounds like he feels great and is ready to go. This seems like a total home run for the Jets and for Bell. Can't help but like him.

8. Falco21

He's not. And the only people saying he is are pissed off Steelers fans because Bell didn't want to sign a deal with them and be tagged.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Or Jets fans who didn’t want him. Both parties incorrect.

10. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Heard a bunch of commentary yesterday and it was pretty much unanimous that the Bell/Pitt situation is nothing like the AB situation.

Bell seems to be a really good teammate and locker room guy, he was very well liked, will do what it takes to help the team (with special emphasis on what he'll do for Sam not just as a playmaker but as someone who has seen everything and will explain it to him), a very positive dude.

The money thing/tagging was the big issue and some of that spilled over into a perception of him being a bad guy--myself included so mea culpa there.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Funny how people call him a bad team player but on the football field he's always celebrating with his TEAMMATES.

Best JETS addition since #28 Curtis Martin so far. Hopefully Darnold becomes better. But as of right now Bell is best since Martin...

Sam Hammer likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Saw that Bell has the most yards from scrimmage per game...

Number 2 is Jim Brown.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

But he wasn't worth the money the naysayers were saying. Or the "locker room cancer" lol.

We just signed greatness.

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I normally disagree with a majority of what you post but man, people are really forgetting how good this guy actually is.

Acad23 likes this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

They never even knew lol.

I created a thread last football season maybe week 2 or 3 and created it begging for Le'Veon Bell a potential Jet due to his hold out. And... OMG.

Fans were AGAINST having him and it's like they never even mentioned how amazing he is as a football player. Outside of QB potion we're talking on offense a top 1-3 offensive weapon.

16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

With the $ we had + the need for a playmaker at RB no less, it would have been catastrophic if we didn't sign Bell.

FJF and JerzeJets like this.
  17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Ding Ding Ding... EXACTLY.

I can't stress it enough. Drafted or F.A etc etc just LOOK at what a younger and truly explosive Edge did for Manning's young career.

Take a look @ Manning's rookie season without Edge.

Then take a look @ Manning's years after he landed Edge.

Instant difference. Gigantic.

Le'Veon is going to be GREAT for Sam Darnold and that's what means and counts for the most. I love it.

JerzeJets likes this.
  18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The question still remains: Are we getting beast mode Bell or year out of football not ready to roll Bell.

Hope he lives up to his past performance and current Jets fan hype.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He's more than just good.

I've been watching his hilites...

Holy shit.

20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it. A good balance of rushing and passing attack. Just need him to put up solid numbers not necessarily in his Pittsburgh days. Move the chains. Eat up the clock. and score.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.