Trade down options for the Jets.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

This was one of the Draft profiles for Ross Pierschbacher

https://thejetpress.com/2019/03/06/jets-2019-nfl-draft-profile-ross-pierschbacher/

I think we need to either get a Centre in FA or go for one early in the draft, hopefully with a 2nd Rounder from a trade back

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

our #3 pick is worth about 2200 pts......

the giants #6 pick is 1600 pts and the #17 pick is about 1000 pts.

so ACCORDING TO THE INFAMOUS DRAFT CHART the jets would come out ahead point wise if they swapped only first round picks.

Not sure I would do that ahead of the draft but if they did i would look to move that #17 for probably 2 additional second round picks and maybe a third rounder.

#22 jilozzo, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That would be great. Another option would be to stay put and get Sam a legitimate #1 WR prospect in someone like N'Keal Harry. I'm not sure where teams will have other #1 WR prospects like AJ Brown (probably mid-to-late 1st round), Hakim Butler (could go late 1st), Kelvin Harmon (probably 2nd round), but adding one for Sam would also give the offense another option and make it even more dangerous. With the Giants' #6 pick we could take Brian Burns and still add a great edge rushing prospect.