Trade down options for the Jets.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Feb 12, 2019.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Heard Mel Kiper Jr. today on The Michael Kay Show...the QB's are now soaring even before the combine and 2+ months to go to the draft. You could see 2 QB's go in the Top 4 !!

If I'm the Jets, I do NOT do like the Colts and trade early. Hold the #3 pick either because you want a shot at Allen and/or Bosa, or the price goes higher. If AZ takes Murray, that #3 pick is going to be gold.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=25981972

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I love the idea of trading down..thanks for the Articles

OTOH, Once we address the Edge rush needs in FA these will become be real scenarios

I want to be certain how FA plays out first before putting spot 3 up for sale

Exactly 1 month to go

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Trade Down and draft DK Metcalf. This kid is going to be an absolute beast. Incredibly strong hands, excellent size and above average speed. He reminds me a lot of AJ Green

themorey likes this.
  5. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I want the Jets to do as well. Allen and Bosa are worth staying at 3 for. Otherwise work those desperate teams against each other on draft day and get the best deal possible.

6. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Gotta think the Giants are looking to trade up for a QB after this OBJ trade, no? I'd pull the trigger for their 2 firsts this year and another third.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

In a heartbeat. We can land a good Edge prospect at 6, WR at 17, and OL at 37. :cool:

NCJetsfan and b.reyes16 like this.
  8. b.reyes16

I think a good Edge prospect could even be had at 17. I really like Brian Burns--oddly enough reminds me a lot of Anthony Barr when he was coming out. Sweat might be available too, though I'm not so high on him as others. Burns will need to put another 10 pounds on or so to be an effective run stopper but he definitely brings speed pass rush skill.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

I'm liking Burns too if we miss out on Allen and Bosa. Guy has multiple pass rush moves now. You're right, he needs to put on some weight to become a more complete player, but that is doable. I'm meh on Sweat, haven't watched him much though.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think Burns will go well before 17. I think he will be a top 10 pick. I'd trade down to 7, no lower, and take him there.

11. b.reyes16

I haven't seen any mocks with him going that high, but of course those are never accurate. I don't see him going in the top 10 personally, but I also don't see him sliding much further than that. There's a good chance a team overdrafts Sweat instead because of the combine numbers too.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

The Jaguars aren't gonna trade up since they signed Foles. Just like we aren't gonna help the Pats find their next QB, we aren't gonna help the Dolphins, either.

Even at #10 we could miss out on Burns, and if we pass on Allen and Bosa, I'm not passing on Burns. For Mac to trade down this far, he'd have to be all but guaranteed of still getting Burns, plus gets some serious draft capital in return. At a minimum, I think it would take the Broncos' 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a 4th this year (1st next year, but I doubt they'd do that).

I'm not sure that the Giants would trade with us, but they may be our only real chance of trading down. IMO they'd need to give up their 1st, 2nd and a 4th or 5th this year, plus next year's 1st, or next year's 2nd and 3rd.

13. NCJetsfan

That's the thing pass rushers are always in demand. Just like QBs, teams will overdraft and overpay to get them. I think I may have seen one mock where he went top 10, but may be mistaken, but even if so, I think he will go a lot higher than the "experts" project because of his speed, having multiple moves, his ability to play the run, and his adding weight.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Still waiting on Jets finishing their FA moves/acquisitions, But if they get an edge rusher in Houston Barrett or Ansah then Jets should trade down to get extra picks. They can still grab a solid edge rusher but more importantly can get a top rated C, WR, and CB with their first 3 picks.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I would love to trade down the with Giants, I think that's a perfect landing spot for Jets to move back and acquire some additional picks. But if I was Giants GM I would not make that move until I know what AZ is doing. If AZ takes Murray at #1 (I think this is a smoke screen btw to try and generate a trade down) the smart move is to try and get Rosen for one of the Giants 3rd round picks this year. Roll with Rosen and see how he does and if he sucks you draft a QB high next year.

jilozzo likes this.
  16. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

After what happened with Paradis, I think we need to trade down and pick up a 2nd Round pick that we can use on a Centre - who are the best centres this year and when are the predictyed to go?

17. CotcheryFan

The names I've heard of the most are Garrett Bradbury, Eric McCoy, Elgton Jenkins, and Ross Pierschbacher. I'll admit I haven't watched these guys play, so I can't form an opinion on them.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Broncos are definitely a team to watch, especially if they start to panic about Raiders interest in Lock.

Other than Broncos I’d say Giants and Redskins are most likely. Giants would be ideal if they were interested.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

The three best centers in the draft are Garrett Bradbury on NC State, Elgton Jenkins of Miss. St., and Erik McCoy of Texas A&M. Bradbury is the consensus best C, although Jenkins was earlier. Bradbury is quicker and more athletic, but Jenkins is stronger and possibly more ready to start. He's #2. McCoy is rated #3 and I think he's a tier below them. After McCoy there's a pretty big drop off. I think Ross Pierschbacher of Alabama may be the next best C, but I think that's mostly because he played at Alabama. Most of the reports I've read on him don't seem to be very high on him.

I've seen projections that Bradbury could go towards the bottom of the 1st round, but probably more likely in the 2nd round. Jenkins could go 2nd round or maybe 3rd round. I think McCoy will probably go in the 3rd, but if Bradbury and Jenkins go earlier than expected, so will McCoy.

Leicester Jet likes this.