Mosley to the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Mar 12, 2019.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That reminds me of TomShane. During the season like 10 years ago people were starting dumb threads like "The Case for [insert player name here]" over and over again, and it was getting annoying.

TS starts a thread called "The Case of Herpes" and in the OP put a bunch of horrible medical herpes pics and Petro banned him in light speed.

FJF, b.reyes16 and ConcordeChops like this.
  2. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I like getting Mosley since we're sticking with the 3-4, but I really don't think he's the gamebreaker other people do. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and a valuable leader, but 85 million?? There aren't many players in the NFL that can live up to that contract. He's a great run defender and average at best in coverage. Williamson is almost the same player--just without the brand name because he wasn't a high draft pick and didn't have the Ravens fanfare. He could improve, sure, but it's definitely a hefty price tag and would look much better if Barr had stuck to his agreement...

egelband likes this.
  3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Step away from the computer and take a deep breath... ugh

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

It’s like the slow clap.
    Has to be started at just the right moment.

5. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

The Case for Explosive Rectal Prolapse.

Do not goggle.

6. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

With Mosley-Williamson-Lee, maybe we see more 3-3-5? Lee's still an asset in pass coverage, so maybe it's Lee/Mosley as the top two LBs on 3rd downs.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

All I can add right now is that
    " Leonard Williams looks fat "
    and if nothing else
    " at least Buster Skrine is now a Bear "

boozer32 and mrjet80 like this.
  8. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

This!! Makes zero sense to overpay for a center in FA. It's not like we're talking about the second coming of Mangold in his prime -- or the like

There will be guys in the draft. And there will be other guys who free up because of the draft. If we can't get a long term guy, get a stop gap until we can draft wisely.

As I mentioned in another post, I'd like to think the Jets had the nads to tell this guy to F off, after he started yanking our chain last night

stinkyB likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm ok with this as long as Harrison is not Plan A at the position. Bradbury, Jenkins, or McCoy I can live with. But not a backup C masquerading as a starter.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I 100% want to upgrade the position too. I think the key is not to panic. As I mentioned in other posts I get the sense Paradis yanked our chain last night going back to the Broncos and then tried to come back to us. I'm a Mac-basher but I'd give him credit if he told him go screw at that point. Alternatively, Paradis could have been pulling a Cousins just using us to get a high comparable which he could shop to destinations he really wanted to play at -- making them think they got a deal by being willing to play for less

Either way no reason to panic on this. We have so many holes on this team and need so much depth let's stay focused

egelband likes this.
  11. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

We were never going to get 'A' quality free agents here. They are going to franchises that they feel are closer to winning a championship. In a few years perhaps, we will be in that position.

That is why I advocated for trading for Frank Clark. He is a proven player and we still have to spend the money anyway.

Certainly now need to trade out of the 3rd pick (which I thought would be better anyway).

12. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Says me. And says Bill Belichick, the person I heard it from, at a seminar for NJ high school coaches in the late 1980s. But mostly says me.

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So you are saying better this thread than a case of herpes?

Edit: But just barely

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

FYP

CBG likes this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

No panic from me. If after the draft, we haven't upgraded at C, I'll panic.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

People complaining about the Mosley signing are overlooking the obvious upside of no more Darren Lee...

boozer32, No Fly Zone and Jake like this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not really what I was saying, though DWC seems to be as incurable as a case of herpes. Fuckin dude has been banned from this forum like 5 times.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Fyp
    You used too many words

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

I was hyped about two stud LBs in Barr (who I loved more) had me reminiscing to his pass rushing UCLA days and C.J Mosley who we've all liked since Alabama days. After the letdown of not two but only one impactful FA LB it's gotta be Josh Allen 3rd overall. We need a pass rush desperately. An elite one. Feels like we've missed out on everyone. At least we got Mosley fml I need Le'Veon Bell a Jet ;-(

20. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Maybe, but it seems like guys are going later and later into their careers these days when they stay healthy and don't go downhill. Look at Julius Peppers.

I know 10 years is optimistic. But at 27, it's within the realm of possibility. Of course, by the time he hits his mid-30s, he'll probably be on the downhill. We'll see.

PennyandtheJets likes this.