ESPN : Kaepernick grievance nets under $10M

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jets12, Feb 17, 2019.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

3 of those teams were in the middle of a playoff hunt and chose QBs whose talents were far inferior. The evidence was the pathetic product they put on the field. Oh and add Keenum to that list too.

2. 101GangGreen101

lmao ... yes we do have a circle jerk for Sam Darnold ... I remember the playoff games against the Packers, Kaep would butt rape the Packers with no Vaseline. That 49ers owner chose the GM over Harbaugh and eventually fired that GM a season or 2 later.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Sounds ironclad.

He shouldn’t have settled.

4. 101GangGreen101

I dont think his intention was to take everything away from the NFL, just get his money for the time lost.

5. Rollo Tomassi

But you’ve provided clear ironclad incontrovertible evidence (not opinion) of collusion.

6. 101GangGreen101

Perhaps he wants to play again, and they made a deal. Who knows. But that's not for me to decide. I am just pointing out the collusion, what Kaep wants to do with that is on him.

7. Rollo Tomassi

Fixed that for you.

You're welcome.

8. 101GangGreen101

The only part that was my opinion was the $$$ ... the collusion itself, I am not the only one who shares those sentiments. So, again about the player ...

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Kaepernick lost me when he wore a Fidel Castro T-shirt after Castro kicked, as if Castro was some kind of a role model, or worse, a glorified romanticized anti-hero. I've discussed Cuba, Castro, Batista and the U.S.'s role in it, which wasn't pretty and in no way did I gloss anything over. I discussed it in detail on here, I'm just too lazy at the moment to fetch the posts.

Short style for now, Castro was a murdering asshole who was personally responsible for the murders and disappearances of thousands of people. You should have worn a different T-shirt, Colin, if you were truly meaning to make a salient point. He explained why he wore it, but man, did that ever come across as uninformed, stupid, and flat. Castro was a champion of Education! I do not support his oppressive policies! Worse than college kids wearing T-Shirts of the revolutionary Che Guevara, who was murdered by . . . drum roll . . . Castro.

I deeply respect Biggs' opinion(s), but Kaepernick ain't no Ali. I wonder if Kaepernick knows who Paul Robeson is. Probably not, because I've never heard him mention him once.

EDIT & P.S.: The Castro T-Shirt was a couple of days before Castro kicked, so minor correction along with some spelling fixes because was tired and hungry.

#189 jetophile, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Since1969 likes this.
  10. Rollo Tomassi

That people share similar opinions or your opinion does not make them true.

I trust you understand that.

There are a WHOLE bunch of people that share the sentiment--the opinion--that Justin Bieber is a great musician.

There was never any evidence of collusion.

There are opinions that there was collusion and opinions that there was evidence of collusion.

But no evidence of collusion.

None.

And again, you can NOT disprove a negative so no one can give you evidence that there was NO collusion.

That's not how logic works.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Most of the most radical people I know from the 60's and 70's are the most right wing people I know today. The current President, who is in his 70's is supporting MBS in covering up murdering a journalist in a foreign country.

Ronald Reagan called the Soviet Union the evil empire. During his negotiations with Gorbachov he never once offered him protection and wealth. The current President has publicly offered Kim both. Kim, Castro and Batista were cut from the same cloth. It was an incredibly naive thing for Kaep to do. Nobody said he wasn't young and naive. Hate is over the top.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You were the first one to say snowflake on this thread. Which you used to refer to liberals. Since @Biggs is a liberal (correct me if I'm wrong), he was calling you a snowflake in response to being called a snowflake. Anyway, if you want to go around calling liberals snowflakes, fine. But then I won't take you seriously if you try to make yourself out to be anything other than a conservative partisan.

13. 101GangGreen101

We don't know what happened behind closed doors. Why did Kaep get a large sum of money? If there was 0 collusion, the NFL I doubt gives Kaep a dime. Just like they didn't pay Ray Rice or whomever else for being guilty. More than likely someone owned up and from there, that information will probably never see the light of day to protect the NFL.

14. Rollo Tomassi

Nope nope nope. Well, it was in the other thread but that's neither here nor there. And it was someone else but still--it's a stupid internet thing--not like calling someone a racist. Or hating women. Or the like.

And I'm not trying to make myself out to be anything other than a conservative partisan. Where did you get that?

There is nothing wrong with being partisan either way.

15. Rollo Tomassi

Have you not read any of the conversation as to why a defendant that has zero culpability might still settle?

Why it happens all the time?

Come on man, be serious.

I get it, you think there was collusion. That's your opinion that's all it is.

Seriously?

You know why the NFL didn't pay Ray Rice a dime?

Because he didn't sue them.

He sued the Baltimore Ravens.

You know what the Ravens did?

Even thought HE was guilty as sin?

THEY settled with him.

For $1.6 million.

The Baltimore Ravens settled with woman smashing caught on tape Ray Rice for wrongful termination.

Come on, man, get the story straight. This is just getting silly now.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/3/8142765/ray-rice-wrongful-termination-settlement

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Please clarify the bolded - are you speaking in general terms or in this specific case? If the former, plenty of people have been found guilty of collusion; If the latter, of course I can't prove it, I haven't seen any of the evidence but I find it extremely doubtful that the NFL would agree to a settlement with Kaepernick and Reid if none existed. The value of such evidence would be key in determining the amount of the settlement vs. simply paying a small amount to make an annoyance disappear.

Listing all those QB's currently employed in the NFL who are inferior to Kaepernick would be an exercise in subjectivity which would solve nothing but my opinion is that we need look no farther than Josh McCown for an example.

17. Ralebird

He is free to show pride where and when he sees fit. I see nothing in his words as an attack on either flag nor country. There is a significant difference between refusing to honor something and striking out against it.

Edited to add: Bolding or otherwise highlighting those portions of another's writing you wish to address is quite acceptable; editing out more than half of their words to alter the entire substance of their relative remarks is not.

#197 Ralebird, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  18. Ralebird

Don't loop me in on any post that called you a racist or even may have inferred the same.

I simply asked you what it is that legitimizes you characterization of Kaepernick's claims as "bogus." You are entitled to hold that as an opinion but if you wish to have that accepted as a universal truth you should be prepared to support it.

19. Rollo Tomassi

Wasn't talking about you.

I don't think you'd ever stoop to that.

Still (i) no one here has made a case meeting "universal truth" of collusion, simply opinions (which I have said repeatedly is completely fine and what message boards are for) and (ii) you cannot disprove a negative so there is no way I (or anyone else) could possibly prove no collusion.

20. Rollo Tomassi

He can show his pride any way he wants to.

You said "he never touched the flag nor ever made a single claim about the country".

He did exactly that.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color."

You can parse it all you want.