Antonio Brown to the Raiders(Confirmed)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AJT73, Feb 19, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I do think he's a little kooky, but I also think playing with Ben/for the Steelers contributed heavily. He won't be cured with a change of scenery but man, he needs to BADLY.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree, he needs to get away from Big Ben ASAP. Oh and please get rid of that damn blonde mustache.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It isn't the draft pick that is the problem it will be what he wants paid to come to the Jets or anybody else for that matter, I dare say he will still be wanting top dollar in his wage packet, he could sign up and then mail it in aka Big Fat Wilks.

LAJet likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He’s already been paid and didn’t mail it in. He went off the reservation but he has still performed. Not sure I would trade for him but paying him and him mailing it in shouldn’t be a huge fear

5. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

For a third rounder? Absolutely.

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Fair enough :)

What is his wage likely to be?

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

is this thread really even a serious question?????????????//

jetophile and NYJFOREVER like this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

In.A.Heart.Beat.

Greatness comes at a cost, and that's what we want the Jets to be, GREAT. So pay the price.

If ab was a choirboy, he wouldn't be available to a team like ours.

Randy Moss was a me-first malcontent/cancer and Belichick/Brady set NFL records with him.

MacCagnan should be doing everything in his power to get Bell AND ab.

Jets would go from worst to first overnight.

Sign.Me.Up!

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Look at like this:

If ab and/or bell and/or both went to the Browns, we would all be like "Fuck...they're gonna get real good real quick".

That could be us.

Imagesrdecieving and NYJFOREVER like this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

whoa..hold your horses guys He is prop of Steelers ..Gut says they make Bell's and Browns exit more expensive than a Third

AB's production has tailed off a bit over last two years plus he is 31!

Grab this head case for a third or fourth rounder and hope you get at least a year of spectacular play outa him

QBs can afford to age ..not Wrs..The Steelers have younger talent like Ju Ju Schuster chomping at the bit so who needs an aging big mouth?

LAJet likes this.
  11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

This came up in an earlier thread a few weeks ago but I'm intrigued by the Jets making total asses of themselves and getting BOTH Brown and Bell. I think that would be unprecedented in league history, generate all kinds of media buzz and if it worked out your literally talking Super Bowl.

So given that its got to be tempting.

And if it goes totally the other way and ends in a Jetsian fireball mushroom cloud then hey.... Darnold will still be young enough to pick up the pieces and try something else.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good thread topic!

It would depend on what the nature of his break up with the Steelers is, and if that would be a problem with the Jets - IOW: is it AB or Big Ben/CS? Most likely AB had something to do with it, but would that carry over here? This is something Macc would have to figure out.

Bottom Line: The Jets need impact players, especially on "O" and he's certainly that. And they have 2 3rd rounders, so if he can be had for one of them, I say do it. If he shows that he's a primadona or a cancer, they can get rid of him. Frankly I like the idea of getting AB and Bell, despite the risk of dysfunction. This would immediately transform the offense into a top 10 unit, and make them p.o. contenders, as well as accelerating Sam's development, so how can that be bad?

tubby likes this.
  13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The guy is a mess but for a third rounder, yes, I make this deal.

No one in this draft at WR will contribute in the first 3 years as much as Brown would contribute in 1 year.

I would not make this deal for a first rounder and I expect a first is what it will take to get it done.

14. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Fresh off his instagram rant from yesterday:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018274/article/antonio-brown-eyes-new-team-guaranteed-money

"If your squad want to win and your squad want a hungry wide receiver who's the best in the whole world, someone hit my phone," Brown said. "Tell them I ain't doing no unguarantees. I ain't even gonna play myself no more for this NFL. ... I think I done everything. What y'all think? What's left for me to do? Win a Super Bowl? Gotta be the right team for that, right? ... If your team got guaranteed money, they want to get to know me and work with me, tell them to call me."
    Brown's comments do indicate that if a team trades for his services, the Pro Bowl receiver would seemingly expect a new guaranteed-filled contract to come along with that swap. The expectation of sinking more money into the 30-year-old receiver could further deteriorate Brown's already waning trade stock.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

For a 3rd rounder, absolutely. I can live without a chad hansen or arderious stewart

16. FJF

Oh sure you could live without them but could you live without a , um, hold on, uh , ok I got nothing.
    Man we suck at the draft.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  17. FJF

31 wants new guaranteed money and is crazy. Offer the saints third and guarantee him 2 more years at what he gets now. I guess I could hold my nose on that.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

We already are!

19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

At least we made up for it with Dylan Donahue in the 5th.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan but if you make the trade and don't renegotiate he is forced to either play or sit out. He's too old to sit out. Because his current contract is highly subsidized by the front end guaranteed money the Steelers gave him it would be a bargain for any team that acquires him in trade. Even though he's on the downside at 11.3 million and 12.5 for 2019 and 2020 his production is likely a bargain.

The flip side to that is since the Steeler have the sunk cost already on their books, he cost them the same cheap price. A 3 would be a steal. It's also doubtful the Steelers take that.

If we had to renegotiate a deal with lots of up front cash spread over 5 years, I would say no. The Jets are probably 2 years away from serious contention. Brown's production in year 3 might be in serious decline. Just because we have cap space today doesn't mean we will have it when we want to add a playmaker when we are good in 2 to 3 years. The dead cap cost of a new deal might really handcuff us. Now if we can front load it to cut him after 2020, that's not necessarily bad.