ESPN : Kaepernick grievance nets under $10M

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jets12, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Busted?

I’ve been called worse than snowflake here.

And that’s not what I was talking abut and you know it. Or at least I thought you were smart enough.

Calling someone a snowflake on the internet in a pissing contest is a lot different than calling someone a racist or bigot or homophobe or the like in real life because they disagree with you.

Stop being an ass. Oh, sorry, not meant as an insult.

Not a real one. Sorry to offend.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm saying the alt right, Fox news and race baiters ginned it up. Guys like you swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Ray Rice settled a lawsuit with the Ravens after he won his appeal on the last two games of his suspension.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

One of three things is going on here.

1. You're being hypocritical.
    2. You make a distinction between the Internet and real life. Fair enough.
    3. You consider snowflake to be different from racist/bigot/homophobe. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. When liberals sling racist around, it's often said in the same light that conservatives say snowflake. Other times they're right and the person in question really is racist. And other times, they aren't and try to ruin some guy's life over it. Which is unacceptable. Though I've seen conservatives do that to liberals as well (Shirley Sherrod).

Having said that, if you want honest discourse, you shouldn't call liberals snowflakes. Even if it is the Internet.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Hahahahaaaa guys like me. I knew he was wrong the second he did it. I didn’t need a year and FOX News (which I don’t watch) to figure it out.

Guys like you swallowed Kaep’s bullshit hook line and sinker.

5. Rollo Tomassi

I’ve been called a snowflake here and it’s probably the farthest thing from who or what I am.

I just returned the favor.

Stop overthinking it.

I’m also being surreptitiously called something much worse.

Also not the case but it’s the internet so...you know.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There are racist posters on TGG, but I don't consider you one of them if that's what you're saying.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

It's a win for Kaepernicks bank account ...what are not seeing.?? Has he brought attention to injustice..perhaps he has at the NFLs expense >>>>>> a drop in the bucket payment of 50 Mil to him. Considering they have billions of dollars in contracts they felt Kap was just a bad look for them..that's all. Tomorrow it's forgotten. This is a league that enriches players like this guy who get to play schoolyard sports for millions...and he turned them down too(??)

FTMR the vast majority of your players and managers too are African American...why rub them the wrong way???

Plus, it's obvious the NFL behaves like any individual who's lawyered up...sometimes you fight and sometimes you settle. To say the "NFL never settles" is ridiculous Browning

There is always more than what meets the eye my friend

This was a "Win /Win" as far as Iam concerned

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

And what I am saying is that "baggage" isn't really baggage. For the sake of this discussion, the talent did outweigh the "baggage" especially compared to the QBs I listed above. Winning is winning in this league. I guess some owners didn't care about winning.

9. Rollo Tomassi

For the baggage he was carrying he would have had to have been a much much much better QB.

I don’t think he was very good so if I was an owner I wouldn’t have needed anyone to call me to tell me not to sign him.

#149 Rollo Tomassi, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He would've been good enough to help teams like the Jags, Redskins or Panthers (when Cam went down).

I dont think he is good, but I think hes average at best.

11. Rollo Tomassi

We’re talking past each other.

Never mind.

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Sounds fair. Based on the amount of money they've lost from salaries and sponsorships, I'd believe $80 million is fair. I think the majority of people who hated the kneeling protest were because they don't want to admit America's police and judicial system have a race problem. People just don't want to admit we have a problem. It doesn't affect them so stick their fingers in their ears and go, "NANANANANANANANA." And of course there's some who are just plain racist. But for a man to lead a peaceful protest to point out this nation has a problem with race and to be vilified so much for this, it makes you wonder.

Noam and Ralebird like this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Of course you know better than that. That was never the perspective of the NFL, except in its refusal to deny the same in a feeble attempt to mollify those simpletons who chose to couch it as such.

Kaepernick never touched a flag nor made a single claim about the country. Some intellectually challenged individuals attempted to conflate his stance of drawing attention to perceived unequal treatment of minorities by some police agencies or personnel with an anti-American position when what he did was in furtherance of the American tradition of speaking out about that which he saw as wrong.

Biggs likes this.
  14. Ralebird

I also do not agree with anyone protesting for social justice, or anything else for that matter, while on the job but since the terms of his employment contract had nothing to preclude such protests he was free to do so. I also believe there are not 64 ready, willing and able quarterbacks capable of performing better than him today.

Therefore, only two possibilities exist to explain why he is not employed in the NFL - either thirty-two organizations have individually and independently decided they do not care to avail themselves of his services or two or more of them have agreed among themselves to not hire him. The former is perfectly legal; the latter is not.

15. Ralebird

Don't get carried away. Ali truly was "the greatest of all time." Kaepernick was a serviceable quarterback whose accomplishments, on and off the field, pale by comparison to those of Muhammed Ali.

16. Ralebird

As I understand it, Kaepernick's cause was to draw attention to the proposition that some people, in the performance of their duties as law enforcement officers in the United States of America, practiced inequality in their interactions with people of different races. Do you disagree with that proposition? What do you see as bogus?

17. NYJetsO12

You can't or it's hard to prove collusion. Plus, plenty of good players get turned down because of attitude problems vs talent. Look at Antonio Brown ...who's lining up to hire him?

Also, why don't you name the players Kaep is better than and we will discuss

18. NYJetsO12

He drew attention to a real issue..and I agree ...a lot of Cops are arrogant brutal and prob racist

But look at what happened..most of America was entirely pissed off because of his big middle finger ....NOT to Law Enfocement, who are the real culprits, but blue collar, middle America who spend their hard earned $ buying season Football Tickets to be entertained not insulted or leave an NFL stadium with the insinuation we are ALL racist

The point is the Forum he used was totally inappropriate..and it backfired

Plus, his talents put him at a back up QB at best so his attitude/abilities put his future with the NFL on shaky ground

19. Rollo Tomassi

Of course YOU know better than that.

Colin Kaepernick (in his own words) says hi:

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.us...ernick-49ers-national-anthem-sit-explains/amp

20. Rollo Tomassi

Already asked and answered and I’m not getting into it again.

Quite frankly, I’m sick and tired of being called a veiled racist by folks who I disagree with and who disagree with me. It’s insulting to me and to actual...you know....racism.

#160 Rollo Tomassi, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019