There...Their....They're

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I also can't stand people that say, "Drive safe," every single time you leave their place. I usually say, "I'm going to keep it reckless, thanks." What an utterly stupid and condescending thing to say to somebody when they leave, as if they don't trust that you know how to drive safely when you have been driving for most of your life.

And to kick that up a notch, it's even worse when people say, "Call me when you get home," as if they are so afraid of you driving from point A to point B that you MUST check in with them just to appease their irrational paranoia. Yeah, grow up.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Wow.

I actually did use "Drive Safe" and "Call me when you get home" many times TODAY.

Due to weather driving conditions weren't safe. But we had a very important Status meeting in the office today and we had guests from Europe. So my direct reports had to come to office in the morning. The meeting ended at noon and I sent all of them home and asked them to let me know as soon as they arrive home. And I also asked them to drive safe. :)

FJF likes this.
  3. Sam Hammer

Welp, you are pretty much the worst person in the world then!

I kid, I kid. It totally makes sense on days with bad weather.

But "drive safe" is total lip service that has become a catch phrase to feign caring, people say it just to not look like a turd. It's not like I'm going to alter the way I drive because somebody suggested I "drive safe."

Plus the phrase should be "drive safely." These damn heathens can't even get the grammar right! :mad:

Now don't even get me started on "Take Care." That grinds my gears just thinking about it!! :mad::mad:

Brook! likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What about telling people getting on a plane to "fly safe?"

5. Sam Hammer

[​IMG]

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Have a good one

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

seems like a silly thing to be upset about.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Kyler Murray, when asked by Dan Patrick about his height and if he has grown any since his freshman year at Texas A&M, he responded "low key"...

Patrick said "so... that means a little bit then?"

9. Sam Hammer

It could be worse. I could be really upset about the Jets not signing a guy that kicked a woman while on the ground.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You, too. A good what? A good shit? A good dinner? A good life?

Here's one for you. Why does a jar of peanut butter say WARNING!!! CONTAINS PEANUTS!!! PROCESSED IN A FACILITY THAT PROCESSES WHEAT, MILK, SOY, AND TREE NUTS INCLUDING COCONUTS, ALMONDS, CASHEWS, BRAZIL NUTS, HAZELNUTS, MACADAMIA NUTS, PECANS, PISTACHIOS, AND WALNUTS.

If you don't fckn know that PEANUT BUTTER CONTAINS PEANUTS then you should be marched out by the Bolsheviks and get assassinated like the Romanovs.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I have deep seeded hostility towards this thread.

donkey likes this.
  12. Rollo Tomassi

How about "Don't Take Trulasta if you're allergic to Trulasta".

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Ha. Couple years ago I had to take a secretary to the ER in a blizzard because she didn’t think through the fact that eating the Thai takeout I was buying the office might trigger her peanut allergy. And this is an accomplished woman in her sixties.

14. jetophile

Sorry for your loss.

15. jetophile

You reap what you sew.

Kind of off-topic - kinda sorta - but I always thought it was hilarious when people think what words to a song are and they're completely off. As in not even close. Best two off the top of my head is The Steve Miller Band's 'Jet Airliner' and Kim Carnes' 'Bette Davis Eyes'. Oh oh oh big ole jet airliner: Oh oh oh big hotel had a light on. She's got Bette Davis Eyes: She's got thirty days to decide. Both were the same friend. The funniest thing about it is one song is not titled Hotel Had a Light On, and the other song isn't titled Thirty Days to Decide. You don't even want to know about her Elton John transmogrifications. They're epic.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It is standard procedure around me that if you go on a long road trip you check in with someone when you get there. Maybe it’s a family thing but it’s what we do. Also when weathers bad me and my wife text when we arrive at work.

Brook! likes this.
  17. Rollo Tomassi

Do it with the kids all the time.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We had to do it as kids too.
    I remember, before cell phones, calling my father as I was leaving school. Made the 5hr drive in 4.25 and got yelled at for appending when I got home. After that I called an hour before I left.

19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I think too many people are trying to go the George Carlin fake outrage over common phrases route. I always tell people to have a safe trip but if I said drive safe, meaning the same thing, I wouldn't expect anyone to blow a gasket over it.

Now the "deep seeded", "reap what you sew", and the others, I indubitably agree with.

20. Sam Hammer

My bad, I thought that was the purpose of this thread. Just having some fun. It is fake outrage, that was the point, I thought it was obvious and satirical.

The Waterboy likes this.