Jets' Morality Clause...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I trust you understand the irony of this.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Jets have a morality clause? All I know is that the NFL is as full of shit as the day is long. Anyone remember that vapid 'No More' damage control campaign after Ray Rice? They are so full of shit, especially since 'No More' is window dressing and doesn't do ANYTHING about domestic violence. Then not long after of course Josh Brown got swept under the rug by McAdoo and the lying cunt Maras. 'No More', see how I laugh.

All I got out of the above was Holy Shit, what a bunch of muttonheads there are in the NFL. Hi, to D'Brick and Curtis Martin, but again, Holy Shit. I'm sorry, but if Eli Manning doesn't look like an inbred mongoloid, then I'm a monkey's uncle. Again, all 'No More' was trying to do in the public's eye was to say WE CARE!!! No, you really fckn don't, it's just PR. Goodell is an idiot and all he does is get paid unconscionable amounts of money for corruption cover ups, but we all know that. Don't even get me started on Tagliabue, who in the end really was no better.

3. Rollo Tomassi

The "No More" ad campaign was one of the worst, pandering, do nothing ad campaigns I've ever seen.

Clean up your own house, almost all of us know you're not supposed to beat women and the animals who don't aren't going to be sitting down to a football game and see those ads and say "hey, maybe I shouldn't beat my bitch so much?"

It was insulting.

4. jetophile

https://www.nomoreboxesmovement.com/

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. I'm not even 100% sure if it's a joke.

5. Rollo Tomassi

I never took Ghandi to be anti-cardboard.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You don't understand how this works. You can say that you are done. I get to say when I'm done; you'll probably just change your mind again anyway. Capisce?

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Exactly. Beyond that, it is dishonest or outright ignorant to equate a mutual confrontation between a man and a woman with domestic violence, which is defined as a one-way exercise of power from one party towards another — the very opposite of a mutual confrontation — just because a woman is involved.

No man should instigate violence against a woman. INSTIGATE violence. That’s the key aspect of this that liars or idiots fail to acknowledge. But no man should be expected to just take an attack from a woman just because it’s a woman and not a man. In these instances the degree of his response has to be judged not simply that he responded. And if his response is proportional to how he is being attacked that is a fair and reasonable response. A 100 lb woman slaps a 200 lb man and he cocks back and breaks her face with a full punch — unreasonable. He slaps her back or shoves her away — reasonable.

In society it’s imperative we have rules, social or legal, that make all people equal. Any social rule that gives one person power over another is unjust. And a social rule that condemns a man’s violent response or defense against a woman not on the degree of his response but solely on the fact that it’s agaivst a woman inherently creates a dynamic in which women have power over men to attack them because it is condoning the woman’s violence by telling her she will not be persecuted socially or prosecuted legally for her behavior. No society can function by creating that kind of power dynamic of one class of person over another. What if we held that same standard to race and not sex? Don’t hit Chinese people, that’s wrong. But Pakistani? Knock those MF’ers out! Nobody would claim that is reasonable.

Anyone who has the inability to look at each situation and judge it according to its individual factors, and simply takes the stance that the man hit the woman therefore the man is wrong and must be persecuted, doesn’t have the intelligence to engage in the discussion to begin with.

b.reyes16, Cman68, Ralebird and 3 others like this.
  8. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I wish Mac could have read this before he passed over a possible once in a lifetime deal.

Cman68 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Amazing how many people think men should just allow themselves to be attacked and/or injured by a woman and this is the "manly" thing to do. Lorena Bobbitt probably was the forerunner of the predator female. These days, women are no longer the "weaker sex" and yes, they can hurt and/or kill a man if they set their minds to it. To think a man should simply allow himself to be injured is sexist in that it doesn't allow for the possibility of a woman being able to do the same amount of damage as a man.

Not trying to change any minds but some people better wake up to the brave new world of female equality on all levels. Self defense is NOT the same as Domestic Violence.

10. fansince90

It is a social norm that allows women to be abusive to men. Its ok for them to scream slap withhold sex threaten, all in the name of "Female". These same expected behaviors contributed to the inequality to begin with. These social norms further the sexist ideas that woman do not have the equivalent cognitive abilities and emotional stability that a man has. Men are so conditioned that we don't recognize abuse when we are experiencing it, so much so that as soon as a man lashes out he is unable to articulate why.
    The thought of being emasculated never surfaces...men resort to the normal sayings like..." I had to put her in her place!" Night, night...see you later.
    Men have to begin to see abuse as it is...if your woman is intentionally making u jealous...thats abuse. Calling you names and yelling at you...abuse...slapping you...taking your money...etc. Thats abuse. Stop with the macho responses...walk away or press charges. Once you react the way Hunt did...(not saying the woman abused him first, i dont know the facts), you will lose everytime. Once you start making them understand the possible legal ramifications for their behavior, the sooner true gender equity will flourish. Last thought, dont expect to make them change after you decide to settle down with them...so many fish...find what you need.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Screaming, slapping, and threatening are abuse. Withholding sex is not abuse. You got that one backward.

12. jetophile

@JetBlue & @Cman60: Wanna read a book? OK, perhaps a novella, and here it comes. Let me just preface this by saying that no-one should be hitting anyone. I'm a Feminist, but I am a Feminist with conditions and I am so unbelievably fair. People like Lena Dunham are an embarrassment, and I'm sure there are plenty of other Feminists who would hate my guts. The reason I think male on female violence has more traction is partly because of the physical deferential, upbringing, suppression, classic a woman's 'duty' are these things, the list goes on and on, harassment; and sexism, just like racism is a real and pervasive thing. Do not physically touch me when I don't know you. Don't cat call me it's not a compliment. Don't tell me to smile, it's not your fckn business. But I'll go full circle and get to all of that.

One time at The Old Dump I was waiting in line for the Porta-john. I'm standing behind a guy and a 20 something blonde decides she's gonna cut the line. She's half in the bag but decides she can do that because she's 20 something and blonde and her life is more important than everyone else's. So she shortcuts the guy in front of me and he says, "Hey, who do you think you are? Wait in line like everyone else (cutting the line is an absolute NO NO if you're a New Yorker, NO, JUST NO). What does she do? She hauled off and full on slapped him across the face with as much force as possible, pushed him out of the way, and went in. Yep, she not only cut off 10 other people, she physically assaulted someone because she's her and needs the bathroom right now and everyone else needs to hold their urine so she can relieve herself because 20 something and blonde. It was so sudden and shocking let alone uncalled for. I was not only appalled, I was fuming.

While she was in there I said, "Let's report this. I'll follow her when she comes out and see where she's tailgating, we'll try to alert security (this was before cell phones were a thing), and make sure she doesn't get into the game. I'm a witness. That is assault. She should be arrested." "What was I supposed to do? Hit her back and get MYSELF arrested? Not worth it, but the thought was there. If I hit a woman, I'm going to jail." "You showed incredible restraint and did the right thing on that for yourself, but let's get her ass thrown out of the parking lot at least. I'll give a statement to the police." "Thanks, but I'd just rather forget it ever happened." He felt so uncomfortable that he literally got bitch slapped, but I shook his hand and said sometimes walking away is the much better option - because he was right. He would've gotten arrested. Self-entitled 20 something blonde shitbag comes out of the Porta-john and gave the whole line the finger when she got booed because EVERYONE saw what she did. She got booed even more and gave everyone the finger again. What a fukking bitch in every sense of the word. How dare you put your hands on anyone. Bitch. Guy in front of me who got assaulted got cheered when he came out. Guy with restraint 1, Bitch who should only get her face shoved into a cold cut slicer 0. I was angry until the 3rd Q, but then got distracted because the Jets started blowing pineapple chunks and lost so I found something else to be angry about.

OK, the full circle thing is that I'm a Feminist BECAUSE OF MY FATHER. Not my Mom, my FATHER. Not that he was into Germaine Greer or anything like it, just sage advice that I'll always cherish. "Stand up for yourself. Don't ever shake your can or bat your eyelashes to get what you want because you'll disappoint me, Daughter." I suffered horrid sexual harassment at a corporate job in the 80s and I never told him about it. The post is on here somewhere, but just to shed some light on some other things, let's have an honest conversation here. Women can be awful l to each other (think you're in the same boat with a bra, sometimes good luck with that) and also to men, including psychological and physical abuse. I know some would consider that heresy, but as I said, I am unbelievably fair. And a Feminist. With conditions.

Hillary Clinton and her 'War Against Women' garbage in the U.S. The hell would she ever go near female genital mutilation, honor killings, rape in India, or child marriage in radical Islam. She's a fraud.

#92 jetophile, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The main point, though, isn’t that a man should hit a woman in response. Nobody is going to criticize a man who chooses to walk away if a woman assaults him. The issue is the condemnation of the man that does respond.

My opinion is that a man should have restraint in such a situation until it becomes dangerous to himself to allow to continue. But no man should be criticized for responding equally to a woman and hopefully cutting the confrontation off before it gets out of hand.

fansince90 and Cman68 like this.
  14. jetophile

Throw and wrap a towel around her like you would with a feral cat that needs medical assistance. Nobody gets hurt.

The bottom line on this one is that he committed near career suicide. And he most definitely should have walked away and let it be instead of retaliating and putting a cherry on top. I think we can all agree on that.

15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

When morality can run a 4.0 40 yard dash I will get on board with this policy.

Until then just get the kind of animals that can run, throw, catch, and hit the best.

With that said I could live without the clubhouse cancers that can not play well with others.

If they can keep their head in the game I could care less about what they do in their spare time.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What's interesting is while violent crime committed by men is about 3 times as likely as violent crime by women, it's not an insignificant stat. Women own guns, are sexual predators, become violent just like a men. Alcohol, drugs and other issues can create violent confrontation regardless of gender.

While sadly a huge number of women get assaulted by a man at some point in their life, many men are being abused and just like women probably don't come forward.

I also remember a pretty tough altercation in a Boston bar in my youth where a pretty scrawny guy, very hopped up on something beat the hell out a big strongly built man. It left an impression on me. You should always attempt to walk away but if someone is really in your face and worked up you also have to be prepared to defend yourself. The other aspect of that is once blows are exchanged the adrenaline produced doesn't immediately die down. This is true even with trained police. Very often assaults continue after situations are seemingly under control.

I watched the tape of this incident and it was pretty clear Hunt's size had no deterrence at all with this women. Does Hunt deserve to be suspended, maybe. Does he have an ongoing problem, maybe. I think the women in this case was as culpable for the situation. For those saying he shouldn't have kicked her, I agree but that assumes he isn't pumped up with his own adrenaline in a fight or flight situation. Fight or flight responses are instinctive in most people without training.

fansince90, JetBlue and Cman68 like this.
  17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I agree with what you are saying for the most part, but didn't he kick her while on the ground? I don't think that qualifies as self defense at that point, but I could be wrong.

fansince90 likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He didn't have to kick her, but he absolutely had the right to keep her at a distance.

Sam Hammer and fansince90 like this.
  19. fansince90

Animals?

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The correct response was to knock over the porta-john when she locked the door.