Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by macbk, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

When anyone, man or women is in a rage and going at you there's something called adrenaline that kicks in. Adrenaline and booze equals out of control and stupid. Had it been a guy the incident should be treated the exact same way. This idea that women who are out of control and in your face hitting you are different than a man is not just wrong, it's dangerously wrong.

These were two hyped up incredibly stupid and potential dangerous people going after each other. The same people who want to protect women are clearly also assaulting them in the shadows. This women was partaking in a fight, she wasn't a damsel in distress being assaulted. She was in a fight that she was willingly partaking in.

He should be suspended for 4 games. If she wants to pursue an action against him, she can. He shouldn't be blackballed.

More interesting is Dorsey who drafted him and obviously scouted him and knew him signed him. I suspect Mac didn't know who he is before his rookie year.

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Joe Namath was a drunk and Lawrence Taylor was a drug addict. The Jets were largely carried by Namath's fame. Lawrence Taylor, arguably the greatest defensive player in NFL history was a known cocaine addict during his playing days. As a football fan I'm glad I got a chance to see both of them play. I also have no illusion that they weren't great guys off the field.

The NFL for some reason thinks they have to portray an image of some squeaky clean organization that is exempt from the real problems that people face every day, who go to work all over America.

As a football fan I think the league is doing football fans, who want to see great football a disservice by trying to protect its image over the quality of the game. I really see these issues as societal issues that should be dealt with by the police and the Justice system. I do agree Andy Reid had a right to kick him off the team if Reid thought it was good for the team. Blackballing him is another thing all together. We didn't even kick the tires.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I was just tryin to get a leg up on everyone....

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

How do you know that if you have no idea who he is?

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Actually you get it.

The players you mentioned were worth the trouble which is why their teams stuck by them.

Hunt isn't worth the trouble which is why the majority of the league ignored him and why he's now settling for possibly (he's no lock to make that team with that contract) playing for a paltry by NFL standards one year $1 million contract.

6. Rollo Tomassi

How could you possibly know this?

7. WarriorRB28

You think if Cleveland signs another back in free agency or drafts another one you think he's making that team?

One year, possibly one million. At this point he's a fringe NFL player at best.

Nothing to sweat over.

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I can't agree with that. He's one of the better blocking running backs in the NFL on top of his receiving and rushing. The Chiefs missed him big time when he was gone. There is no reason to think he won't be the same player on the Browns.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

amen.

i think we as a society for whatever reason feel the need to punish people. i dont understand why my generation is this way, we got away with more stuff than anyone in our younger days.

10. Rollo Tomassi

You have no idea who Kareem Hunt is.

Try watching football.

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. Rollo Tomassi

He led the fucking league in rushing as a rookie.

He scored 2 fewer TDs in 2017 and 2018 as all of our RBs combined and he missed the last 5 games. One of the most explosive players in the league.

Fringe player my ass.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You clearly have lost your mind. He's an outright stud player. He is arguably one of the top 2 or 3 backs in the AFC.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yes. ;)

14. WarriorRB28

So you believe this player with the one year contract, zero guaranteed money, could be worth a whopping $1 million is a mortal lock to make the Browns roster in 2019?

Why am I even asking? Of course he is!!! If he's everytjing you say he is. Right?

Riiiiight?

Say it!!!

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Dude

Sam Hammer likes this.
  16. Rollo Tomassi

@Brook! Now this is sexy.

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sorry. I can’t have sex with middle aged angry man. Lol. We have @Royal Tee here in this thread so I will bow out. But please ignore each other, :)

Royal Tee likes this.
  18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Neither is the Rice/Hunt one really, I mean Rice knocks his woman out, Hunt pushes and shoves some woman rowing with him in a lobby and if you want to call it a kick, he kicks her at the end, more of a get the fuck out of here foot push imo.

As for Marshall wasn't he also knocking the shit out of his wife, smashing fuck out of your loved ones is way-way worse than anything Hunt has been seen to do, not that I am condoning what he did either but the folk calling it domestic violence are wrong, due to it not being a domestic, it was a fight between a man and a woman, a row gone wrong, she stood her ground for a second round of pushing and shoving when maybe she would have been better served walking away after the initial row, pretty much like every fight between men as well tbh but such is life, he will have to get with the program and show some contriteness real or pretend and in 18months it will all be forgotten about.

It hasn't seemed to do that fucker from the Bengals any harm and he was shown on video laying out a tiny blonde lass with not a lot of reason, not sure if he got any NFL ban to start his career off on the right foot.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What I don't understand is why the Browns have signed him or why he went there when they have a potential stud at RB already, I can see them taking him and getting a good draft pick for him in the future maybe but I would think plenty of other teams would have taken him and some like us with a real need at RB.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree. chubb and him are both what i would call feature guys, guys that can do the job on their own. maybe they have visions of being a 2 headed monster. ill tell you this the both of them will make it harder for teams to prepare for the brownies.

K'OB likes this.