Does Darnold give you the confidence that he is the Savior of Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Feb 15, 2019.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

What is the criteria for being the “savior”?

2. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

All I can say

If we win one or more SB under his time, it’s likely he played a key role.

If we win none, it’s likely the Jets mismanaged his tenure.

Therefore, in summary, I believe he clearly has the talent and ability to win it all.

However, so did Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, and Trent Dilfer.

(What I’m saying is that football is a team sport)

But he won’t hold us back.

Imagesrdecieving and GQMartin like this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know that for a fact. Some people were not as high on Darnold, but I told them they would come around, and most have.

Good point on Mayfield at the moment. He had a really good year in Cleveland. I would take Darnold over him easily, but I get some people thinking Mayfield is better since all they have to compare is 2018 stats. It is much more complicated than that, but I get that viewpoint.

HomeoftheJets and CotcheryFan like this.
  6. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

When you watch Darnold, you see an offensive line getting beat on every play, WR’s not getting separation and a non-existent running game.

I think the kid is going to be one of the great ones if the Jets ever address the above...

So agree with another poster who said it falls on the Jets, not Darnold...

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Darnold has top 5 QB in league potential, now whether or not he reaches that potential is dependent on a lot of things coming together but that kind of potential is there.

I would say at worst his floor is Stafford with more it.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If this is for real, truly a tweet from the Jets organization, it is a pathetic, desperate attempt to force something upon the legion of dedicated fans that cannot be forced upon anyone. If and when Darnold becomes a franchise quarterback, proven by nothing other than results on the field, we won't need tweets from some intern with a keyboard or a member of the Johnson family to let us know.

HomeoftheJets and ukjetsfan like this.
  9. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

If we get the right coach on board his ceiling is Big Ben/Rivers level for me, I think he will never quite get towards Brees, Rodgers, Manning and Brady areas. if we continue to not develop him then his floor could be Tannehill or Cutler. I think he has too much talent to be a complete wipe out.

10. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

For the people saying they would take Darnold over Mayfield....ehhhhh I don't know if I can stoop to that level of bias. I love Darnold and will support him thick and thin because he is the Jets QB, but Mayfield was better this year in almost every statistical category.

I get it, Mayfield had a much better team and that does count for something, but to me Mayfield looks like he will be the best QB in this draft with Darnold possibly being the 2nd best. Mayfield got a LOT of support from Jets fans on this board and there was a faction (including myself) that believed he was the best QB on tape leading up to the draft. Time will tell, but I would still rank them:

1- Mayfield
    2- Darnold
    3- Rosen
    4- Jackson
    5- Rudolph
    6- Allen

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So what has Rosen done for you to still rank him number 3, even Allen outshone him.

Mayfield was better for a whole host of reasons, better cast but crucially he got better playcalling than Darnald got off Masterbates and that more than anything helps a load, I liked Mayfield coming out of the draft so I have no axe to grind like that other guy, next season will be better test, fingers crossed Sam makes up the ground :)

12. PennyandtheJets

I agree with Jalen Ramsey on this one. Josh Allen is "trash". His inaccuracy is a problem and he plays hero ball.

I have Rosen ahead of Allen because the Cardinals were a dumpster fire last season. You can't assess Rosen based on last season.

13. K'OB

Well you can as you obviously graded Darnald and he had fucking loads of issues with his OL and WR's being injured, how does that work in the fair world of PennyandtheJets?

Not a great fan of Allen but to grade him 6th over Rosen 3rd is utterly absurd, going off the one season we have seen and that is how you graded Mayfield/Darnald.

Of course not as absurd as to grade him below a player who never actually did anything in that season also :rolleyes:

As for Ramsey maybe he should quit his trash talking when they actually lost the game to Allen lol

14. PennyandtheJets

I think you are misunderstanding my ranking. Those were my rankings pre-draft. All I said was that those rankings haven't changed for me as of today.

Also, why do I have to rank Allen ahead of Ruldolph? Just because he sat behind Big Ben? I was not impressed by Allen in the least this past season.

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I have the confidence in Sam, yes. He just needs the pieces around him tho. Can't do it solo.

16. K'OB

Well if those were predraft then fine but it didn't really say that in your post tbh.

All of your comment was about Mayfield outplaying Sam in the last season, so on that fact how can you rank somebody who has done nothing over somebody who actually did do something, this kind of negates your other comment about bias, you judged Allen as shit trash and you will keep him there regardless while saying he hasn't impressed you one jot all season, not even his ability to run it seems and that is just absurd again.

Look I don't want him to be a jet but he has shown some signs of ability with the ball in his hand and more ability as a running QB

Seems to be a few things in there that were not trash, you maybe blinked a few times through the season :rolleyes:

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Cool story bro.

18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

There isn't a bigger Mayfield fan here than me but I was and am an even bigger Darnold fan and as good as Mayfield is going to be, I still think Darnold will have abetter career, notwithstanding their first years.

And I agree with you--I thought Rudolph was better than Allen but Allen played better than I thought. He's still not very good, so Rudolph, if he gets a chance to play soon may end up being the better QB.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Josh Allen absolutely lit up the Jets new HC coach in his last game to the tune of 319 total yards and 5 touchdowns. He doesn't look like "trash" to me.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think Rosen more than likely will have the biggest jump next year.