Jets parting ways with Crowell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Everyone is missing my point.

If you massively front load--lets say--a 3 year contract for fear that he'll burn out and instead he plays like an All Pro for the first two years--and he's not slowing down--we don't get the bargain of that last low salary year. In a year where we might be SB contenders.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm just trying to find a sliver of optimism. But the idea of getting an actual bargain is too much optimism even for me.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

No I know, it's not about getting a bargain. It's about the dude and what we should expect--just when we think we've hit it right he'll be riding waverunners off Miami and tweeting shit at the Jets.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Amen, brother

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

[Shrugs]

At least he didn't report that Crowell was already gone.

Are you okay with the inaccuracy?

6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Powell is a free agent and is unlikely to be back.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

My point exactly. Signing Bell doesn't take the Jets out of the mix for taking a RB in the draft.

FJF likes this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I ran for 245 yards and no TDs with Bell in Madden yesterday...It was Epic i completed 5 passes the entire game.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Buh-bye dude wipes. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

=============================

If he behaved, maybe I would have disliked this move.

After the dude wipe disaster, he's gone to me.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Without reading one post in this thread Crowell can kiss my monkey butt! Anyone remember people defending him that the move didn't cost the Jets the game so what's the big deal! Us old crusty crustaceans vs. them young invertebrates it was a death match! We set them youngsters straight! The crustaceans won! I'm going to Olive Garden tonight! Senior Citizen Special! Gonna eat my own in victory! Lobster!

Signed,
    Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

11. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Pouring out a beer onto a roll of Charmin for my homey Ike Cromwell.

12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Should have happened after the Cleveland game.

13. Great point. lets not forget Trenton Cannon.I think he’ll be better in year 2.Hes got some upside as a 3rd down back & special teamer..not sure about Returner though

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I see many guys posting about Coleman = why ? The guy had every opportunity in Atlanta and IMO he is absolutely nothing special = pass

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Cannon better put on some weight if he wants to stay in the NFL. Idk what his weight is listed at in the program but its undoubtedly not accurate. He was one of the skinniest running backs ive seen in quite some time. You dont see guys like that in the NFL anymore

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

RB by committee just for the sake of RB by committee is a disaster waiting to happen.

The Forte mistake after Powell's excellent finish to 2015. I still don't know what happened to Gurley & the Rams in the playoffs. Just two examples.

If you have a stud back, if they're willing to pay Bell then RIDE HIM as much as possible. Forget the RB by committee or sharing the load cr@p.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

isn't Gurley and the Rams in the playoffs actually an example of how RB by committee is the better approach?? - - - The Rams RODE HIM as much as possible and he was gassed and injured by the time the playoffs started. New England shared the load all year and their running backs were fresh and effective in the playoffs

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This is a valid point, but my problem with RBBC is that you can never count on which back is going to step up each game. I'd rather have a stud back and a reliable backup, somebody who you can count on to provide 100 yds/game every week. And even better of they can also catch the ball out of the backfield. Those are the gys that terrify defenses, and that's the kind of guy who can allow Darnold to become his best.

19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Honestly I have no idea what happened with Gurley in the playoffs. He looked fine to me when he ripped off that one run in the Super Bowl. They just didn't give him the ball nearly enough.

The franchise, workhorse back method has been proven to work in the NFL that's how teams used to do it. RB by committee is a fairly new (cost effective) approach that teams have taken.

My point is if the Jets are going to pay Bell all that money then draft a RB fairly high in the draft to do a RB by committe don't bother signing Bell.