Jets' Morality Clause...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Feb 12, 2019.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You can argue all you want about that Judge Judy, but the fact of the matter is domestic abuse is still domestic abuse. Are you saying Marshall had no issues prior to the 2011 season? He got into trouble in 2007 as well. Those charges got dismissed after he went to anger management. Why do posters continue to try and paint the story incorrectly to make their argument look better? Whats to say Kareem Hunt doesn't do the same thing? Oh, so let's no sign Hunt who quite frankly, we don't know the full story on and did far less compared to Marshall IMO. Who knows, maybe that was a groupie trying to cause issues, we don't know.

I applaud Marshall for turning his life around, but at the end of the day it is what it is. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

#21 101GangGreen101, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    fansince90 likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ive posted before how I thought so many NFL players today run afoul of the law. Then Ralebird sent me a link showing its only a small percentage. If that's the case having a "morality clause" makes little sense to address so small a number of athletes. Another excuse to keep this team bottom dwellers

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I didn't say Marshall had no issues prior to the 2011 season. You seemingly missed the point by a country mile. You're comparing a player who had MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES, which he underwent steady treatment for for years before we traded for him, to a guy who has a history of attacking people and has yet to even face league suspension. There is no comparison.

thedrjay and Sam Hammer like this.
  4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Typical Jet fans after Braylon scuffle:

DO NOT SIGN GUYS WITH OFF-THE-FIELD BAGGAGE!!!

After Santonio Holmes debacle:

DO NOT SIGN HEADCASES!!!

Now after Hunt:

FUCK THE CHARACTER EVALUATION SHIT! JUST GET THE FUCKING TALENT GOD DAMN IT!

==============================

Do I agree with this sentiment? Hell no.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I would much rather lose with dignity and character than win without a soul. I firmly believe how you act and how you play the game is much more important than the end result .

That being said I also believe in second chances and I do not believe in a hard line. That involves analysizing Hunts life, character and what he has learned. I dont think any of us can give an opinion here as to what kind of person Hunt is. While, I dont believe in a hard line I think with an abuser of women in a country that has an epidemic of men abusing women that I would have a hard time picking up a guy like Hunt unless I was very sure about his character and remorse.

The message you send to others and society by employing a guy like Hunt is that it's not a big deal if he can help us. It's a insult ok to abuse women if you do other things well. He would have to be exceptionally remorseful and changed to consider him.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Idzik was the worst there ever was.
    That's going to be extremely hard for anyone to top.

7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Winning without a soul, or integrity, encapsulates NE quite succinctly.

fansince90 and Noam like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

at the end of the day, its just a game and we are just fans. Why you would want your favorite team to be lovable losers just befuddles me

JetBlue, phubbadaman and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

EDIT:

So mention every domestic violence issue Marshall had and do not limit it to 1 thing. Mental illness plays a role, I agree but DV is still DV. What if Hunt went and got anger management? Why didn't the Jets try and sign him? Talk to him? IMO, mistakes happen, but the fact that the Jets didn't even trend the tires or even talk to Hunt suggests, Mac is full of shit.

Like I said I appreciate Marshall finding himself in terms of his mental health, but that does not excuse what happened before... just because someone has a mental illness, does not give one the excuse to FORGET about what happen or turn the other cheek ... I think thats a huge issue with society nowadays.

"He has a mental illness so it wasn't his fault"

[​IMG]

#29 101GangGreen101, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    fansince90 likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

The bolded is stupid and not what I said, but you've missed the point three times in a row now so I'm giving up.

11. 101GangGreen101

You didn't have a point, but well done give it up buddy.

your thought process is pretty aligned with people who excuse people that do fucked up shit ... then blame it on mental illness, I know you didn't say it.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Antonio Brown is an asshole.

Is that immoral?

fansince90 likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

No there's a point, you're just choosing to pretend I'm making excuses and saying what Marshall did is "better" than what Hunt did. One big strawman three posts in a row.

[​IMG]

14. 101GangGreen101

Could've at least picked a better finishing move ...

phubbadaman likes this.
  15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

If a cashier at Wal-Mart hits his wife should he never be allowed to work again?

I don’t think anyone agrees with what Hunt did but truthfully there’s no place where we have the right to judge him. He’s paid his debt to the system. Lost his job and has taken the steps to become a better person. As did Mixon, Zeke, Reek, Marshall, Etc...

Macc let something personal get in the way of this. He’d keep a guy who’s arrested for DUI(which could kill someone) but Hunt is a no-no because if he and his wife’s friend.

Macc should cut anyone with a run in with the law. At least that way I’d feel like he’s not letting personal things take precedent over building a winning team.

JetBlue, NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  16. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Maybe just maybe with a young team.
    They didnt want to bring hunt in without knowing the details of his suspension back.

Everyone knows a sufferer of domestic violence. You just might not know it.

Hunt will be a bargain for the browns, but 31 other teams didnt go for him for more than $1mill a year

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Noam likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There's a prevalent misconception here that Hunt committed domestic violence. He did not, and domestic violence and hitting a woman are not the same thing. Because (1) domestic violence is not always man on woman and (2) the woman Hunt hit was not part of his household.

JetBlue and MoWilkBeast like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yes, it is important to make that distinction as well because it also has alot to do with Hunt's story. HE wasn't beating his wife multiple times in front of his children or whatever. He was in his hotel room and the woman sought him out

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Not that I ever condone domestic abuse, but if Hunt stays clean and has zero legal trouble then he can makeover his image pretty good. He's young enough and if he gets the right coaching on and off the field he'll be fine.

With that said, this is just the Jets being their typical delusional selves. They're practically afraid of acquiring big-time talent and they act like this is a franchise steeped in tradition and standards. Get real Johnsons. It's about wins and losses when you're as piss poor as this group is.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Jets already have a kicker.