The Jets are the only thing standing in the way of another NE division title

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The last Shea game I was at was the '81 wildcard vs. the Bills.

It was the Jets persona (for lack of a better word) in a nutshell.

They looked like shit early...started playing lights out...and then crapped out at the end.

Disappointment.
    Hope.
    Despair.

I moved to LA soon after that cold damp dismal game and watched the team have some success with Parcells...only to shit the bed once more against the Broncos.

Fuck my life.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

The older you are the more scar tissue you have. I have sympathy for the young bucks who aren't as conditioned to the cycle of hope and despair.

3. sackexchange

That would have been incredible.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I guess I'm a young buck, but the AFCCG loss in Pitt still stings. We were flat for most of the first half and if we stopped the Steelers late in the game, there was a decent chance we would win and have a rematch against the Packers in the Super Bowl.

5. If ownership honestly gives a crap & actually hates New England i cant for life of me understand how you take this lying down w very little rebuttal over nearly 20 years time.The patriots insult this team every chance they get & yet the Johnsons refuse to publicy humble themselves & demand winning in a public setting or hire the necessary senior leadership that actually knows football & will have the autonomy to run the FO for 10+ years.

They either dont care about winning,are too stubborn to make a change or just outright idiots.likely a combo of the 3.

When oh when will this team ever land a punch back in the cheaters direction?

6. sackexchange

Yeah, those back to back AFCC appearances were bittersweet for sure. I thought we were on our way to winning the one against Indy until the Defense collapsed and Shonn Greene got hurt. Pittsburgh game started in the worst way possible but somehow Jets had a chance to pull it out at the end. The Pittsburgh one really stung because of how epic the Divisional win was against the Patriots and the Bart Scott "can't wait" interview.

If you want to talk pain, the playoff loss to the Steelers when Doug Brien missed 2 FG's...that one still triggers me!

7. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I don't believe the Jets will be good enough to win the division until they win the division. Having said that, I think Darnold looks like a top franchise QB.

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Both Pittsburgh loses were brutal, although 2010 was tough just because of how good that team was. The team in 2010 was probably one of the best ever Jets teams short the QB... Sanchez was serviceable that season at least, but with a better QB that team wins the SB.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know why anyone is a fan of this team if their under 62 years old.
    Maybe it gets passed down generationally...like baldness.

I got hooked when Namath signed on. I didn't know anything about owners or GM's or
    contracts.

I just watched as my team...MY TEAM...changed the world by beating the Colts in Super Bowl III.

Amazing. I also got laid for the first time around that time, so I was feeling pretty good.

I kept getting laid but the Jets never got another VLT.

10. CotcheryFan

Oh yes, that was heartbreaking. I didn't expect us to beat the Pats if we won, but we played them tough in Foxboro that year. Had a chance to win it late, but fell short. Who knows what would've happened if we made it to the AFCCG that year.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

A. Don't care
    B. Stubborn
    C. Idiots
    D. All of the above

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Jets are the only thing standing in their own way in another AFCE Division Title. Now if Woody would only go for a swim across the English Channel without some floaties and Christopher Johnson became the subject of an episode of 'Unsolved Mysteries', we might have a chance.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Maybe you should take a vow of celibacy? :p

johnny likes this.
  14. CotcheryFan

And Ozzie Newsome gets the keys to the organization. :cool:

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Do I have to make an announcement?

I'll do it if it'll help my Jets. Can I still masterbate?

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Champ69 hasn't had any in at least 25 years and it hasn't done a thing got us!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Do U really & truly believe that our CS & QB can out think Brady & Belly? :mad:

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes that should be our motto like it was for the Bklyn Dodgers. So long as the idiot Johnsons own this team & continue to make stupid hires we will be cellar dwellers. :mad:

NYJetsO12 and CBG like this.
  19. dogg

dogg Member

Pats play in the weakest division in nfl. Winning 2/3 away vs jets, fins and bills is guaranteed. They never lose at home so getting to 12 wins per year is a lock and they never break a sweat or miss a step. Give them a bye and a home playoff game and it's a permanent ticket to the afccg. Does the league really want the same team in the SB every year? Sure looks like it.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Our motto should be wait until the 22nd Century.

NYJetsO12 likes this.