The Jets are the only thing standing in the way of another NE division title

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Brady in the AFC Championship game had a passer rating of 77.1. He had a passer rating in the SB of 71.4. BB has already rebuilt the Pats for the post Brady era.

NYJetsO12 and The Dark Knight like this.
  2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The Pats of the last few years have not been impressive. It's just that the AFC has had a void of competitive teams since Manning retired. Go back 5-10 years and the big time competitive teams are all gone. What's left are a few up and comers and one year wonders. Maybe the Chiefs, Browns, Jets, etc. will be the next wave of top teams in the AFC, I don't know. However, I don't think these Pats teams are great, they're just good enough to be better than the rest of the trash in the AFC and are always given an easy path to the Super Bowl. IMO the SB is a crap shoot anyway. Two teams from opposing conferences that rarely/never play each other.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. Oh really.Who’s replacing Gronk? Edelman gonna play forever w the hits he takes?And who exactly IS playing QB?

Sony Michel who needs to prove he can stay healthy & James White carrying the patriots into the 2020s?? That OL coach gonna keep going into his 90s??

Im not underestimating nor doubting bellicheat.But are they really rebuilt for post Brady? Or did they just happen to win a game where Brady wasnt at his best?

Stop stroking Bill’s ego w things he hasnt even actually accomplished yet.

4. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I didn't research the numbers myself, but I just found a post on another site that may be a couple of years old.

For what it is worth, it says that the Pats regular season record against the AFCE is 80 - 28 in the measured span:

BUF 31 5
    NYJ 26 10
    MIA 23 13

There is some other interesting info there, if anyone cares to look: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/8dpo34/the_new_england_patriots_headtohead_record/

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Nope they really did rebuild. Best D and running game in 3 playoff games against the best teams in football. All by design. He lost last year in a shoot out after winning a shoot out and changed the team.

There's a draft and Free agency. He'll replace both of them. He drafted Edelman in the 7th round and developed him. He drafted Gronk in the 2nd round. He will get a QB when he needs one.

Bill's ego has nothing to do with it. He's a football junkie, he will outwork and out think every other coach until he drops dead. He ain't going away. I could see him going to the Giants if he has a failing out with Kraft but I don't see it happening any time soon. He's a lifer.

NYJetsO12 and sackexchange like this.
  6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

We'll see. Having a FQB who still plays at an above average to elite level into his 40s certainly makes your life a lot easier.

7. It seems you know the future.Why not just become a fucking patriot fan.Already calling out future 7th round picks as all time greats.Tell me bill is so invicible why dont they have 18 rings?Why isnt every draft pick a home run?Why even use draft pucks at all? hes so smart they can just sign UDFAs,right?

This is the same guy who traded Moss & abandoned an entire offensive philosophy bc they lost ONE GAME to the jets in 2010.And guess what?That drastic “rebuild” aimed at beating the jets FAILED.They literally lost at home in the playoffs to that very jet team.

But no..bill doesnt make mistakes.Even on draft picks that dont even exist yet.

#47 KurtTheJetsFan, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2019
  8. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Jesus, this is scary but true.

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Looking at the AFC ( I realize things will change with the draft and FA) I thought the Chargers had what it takes to beat the evil empire and I was wrong on that one. Next year it will probably be the same teams who will try to take down the Pats.......Chargers, Chiefs, Steelers( although I think they might be declining as that team seems to be in turmoil with key players not getting along ). Reich is doing a nice job with the Colts and the Browns with a good offseason will probably challenge for the AFCN. Does anyone believe that any of these teams will take down the Pats Until proven otherwise NE is the favorite for 2019.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Before the playoffs I would say in a QB driving league the AFC rout to the SB was much tougher. You had Mahomes who was the best QB in the league and it wasn't close followed by Luck who by the end of the year was arguably the 2nd best QB in the league. You also have Brady and Rivers two HOF QB's and Watson a pretty good young QB. The NFC Playoffs had Brees and 3 pretty good young QB's who have yet to get to elite status.

The NFL isn't designed to allow teams to be great. It's designed for competitive balance. The last CBA almost guaranteed that teams who won would be broken up by cap decisions and forced to play underpaid young players drafted late who are limited in the amount of offseason coaching they can get. The Pats are very good. Very good puts you in position to win LV trophies.

What's impressive about the Pats is that they have to deal with the attrition of a 19 game season every year and they come back and grind it out every year. That is so underestimated. Look at the hangover that Atlanta and Philadelphia had the year after a SB win.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I hate him but I can no longer ignore my lying eyes. It's going to take an amazing effort by the Jets entire organization to get over the Pats as long as Belichick is around.

Andy_M likes this.
  12. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

If only the Jets had known who they were letting walk out the door to their division rival. I thought the Jets pulled one over on the Pats when they got those draft picks in exchange. I could not have been more wrong.

13. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I'm a JETS fan until I die, and I will believe that we have a shot at beating the Pats every time we play them until then. That's just what a Jets fan does. And I do think the Jets have the best shot in the AFC E of giving them a run for their money for the division, but there is a BIG difference between being a thorn in their side and taking a division from them.
    After watching that game Sunday, if there was ever any doubt which character in Foxborough is expendable and which isn't.....it should be gone now. I don't care how long Brady plays, until Belichick retires or moves on, it is going to take a very smart opposing head coach to take this division from him. Is Gase that guy? Maybe......we will soon see....or maybe he'll get schooled just like Sean McVay did. All we can do is like Kurt said...keep believing or move on....

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Too early to say the Jets can compete for the AFC East, but too early to just flat out say that can't too. Many fans don't realize how great Sam Darnold is going to be. I truly believe he will be the type of QB who can carry his team. Just need to build around him. The Jets will make a big jump this year as long as the Front Office and Coaches do their jobs. Problem is we don't have evidence to prove they will right now. The potential is there.

15. abc

abc Well-Known Member

>
    The Jets are the only thing standing in the way of another NE division title...

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You realize the year that Moss was traded was his last year in the NFL. He had 28 receptions for 434 yards for 3 different teams. He retired injured the following year. The year before on NE he had 83 receptions for 1264 and 13 TD's. Belichick saw the future and dumped him. He also dumped Richard Seymour who was arguably the best defensive player in the league for salary cap reasons, he dumped Wolfork for salary cap reasons when he was still a very productive Nose tackle. He recently traded Chandler Jones to the Cardinals because he knew he was an FA the next year and didn't want to pay him fair value. Chandler Jones has arguably been the best edge rusher in the league the last 3 years. The Pats didn't miss a beat.

I never said he didn't make mistakes. Dumping Moss wasn't one of them.

Anyone who thinks the Pats are going to decline as the way to beat them is just nuts. The Jets need to build a highly competent organization to beat him.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Like I've said before, I'm tired of waiting for the dark side to implode. I ready for our own dark side.

18. When have i suggested that waiting for the patriots to decline is the route to success?quite the contrary.I agree w you that the jets need to raise the standard & become highly competent.Waiting for the king & his court to get the plague is not a sound strategy.

But neither is crowning them for things that arent even on the horizon yet & painting them as this insurmountable juggernaut.They are beatable.Its not easy But its still doable.You have bellicheat replacing all time greats w mid round picks like its cereal w saturday morning cartoons. Replacing those players will not be easy.

Also,while we shouldnt count on it,make plans around it.or continue to try & pinpoint it,father time IS undefeated & their decline,1,2,5 years out or more is inevitible. Theres no need to turn Bill into a Greek god to keep the narrative in tact.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

NO ONE saw Mark Sanchez, in his 2nd year, going into NE and beating Tom Brady and the Pats in the playoffs. No body. Especially after NE thumped Rex and Sanchez 45-3 a few weeks earlier. That game was supposed to be the end of the road for the darling Jets. A game of humility where the Genius put the Jets back in the box for another year.

So yes, Brady CAN be beat by the Jets at the wrong time. We don't need Brady to retire. We don't need Belichick to retire. We need the Jets to improve and beat NE in NE when it counts.

Again!

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

No disrespect to @WarriorRB28 bc you're a solid poster, but I think all threads like this should be banned until we free agency opens and we start spending $ lol