Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I KNOW. I read that, too. Run for the hills! Where's Steve Irvin when you need him? Speaking of which, I felt so bad when he was killed. As freakish as it was, it somehow didn't surprise me because I honestly felt it was his destiny to go out in some way relative to his profession.

I remember this one episode of his show where him and his wife were in a rowboat in Croc-infested waters (the big Crocs that can live in either fresh or saltwater). They had their black Lab with them and the dog somehow jumped into the water or fell into the water, something like that. His wife was clearly distressed but tried not to panic on camera as the dog was swimming all lah dee dah (as Labs will) but then the dog started flailing around trying to get back in the boat. All I thought was, "Please don't let me see a dog get rolled by a Crocodile and get torn apart on camera. Thanks in advance." They got the dog back on the boat, but his wife was clearly both relieved and pissed off. RIP, Steve. He's a national treasure over there and was much loved over here.

2. jetophile

56 here today. It's crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if my crocuses are coming up.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Nothing

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJAY and others I KNOW I KNOW long range models suck ass but maybe just maybe around a week from today on the 11th = something.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Check that correction ,maybe we are talking NOT AT ALL or maybe with any luck we are talking about on or AROUND the 13th,,,lets watch this and see.

6. jetophile

It's going to be 60 degrees! Taking my dog, Henry, for a much sloppier and muddier hike than yesterday at 11 a.m., then off to play with his dog girlfriend who he can't live without at roughly 12:30. He needs a bath so bad, haha. It's not worth it to bathe him now because he's only gonna get filthy 10 minutes later. Word to the wise: do a full body check for ticks on yourself and your dog because it's one of those days. Make sure to check your scalp. Ugggghhh, ticks I hate them.

EDIT: Dog tips: Use Dawn when you bathe your dog. It kills and prevents fleas. Also, get your dog accustomed to you petting and touching their paws. It makes them far less anxious when you have to trim their nails. I've probably saved over $2,500 over the last 20 years not paying someone else to do it. More dog tips wanted, let me know!

#14686 jetophile, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  7. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

All good tips, Jeto. Have fun out there today!

I'm not a dog owner anymore, but I might add that it's important to keep an eye on tartar build up on their teeth. If you can get them used to you rubbing their teeth and gums, that would be a plus. Tartar can become a real health issue on later years.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alert the media,,,,we DO INDEED have a storm to keep our Eyes on,,,Next Tuesday Wednesday kids-----IM Whispering as loud as I can------come on SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!

regan62072 and FJF like this.
  9. jetophile

[​IMG]

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Still a lot of time,,,,BUT we could be looking at a nice storm next week but the timing is very important. Lets see what the models say as we get closer as this could easily disappoint again but I think we are in a better spot then we have been. Next 2 weeks could bust BIG or maybe mother nature is going to try and make up for lost time.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thursday night could get icy for some of us = YUCK

12. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

Ice pellets and freezing rain all day here in Toronto. Making for very slow commutes.

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

YUCK,,,,,,,,luckily for us / Fjay especially it appears tomorrow nights ice MIGHT be well well north. As far as next weeks possible snow lets get past this mess tomorrow and Friday and hopefully we get a better idea of what IF ANYTHING is on the way ---------> but rain would not shock me regardless of what these long range suck ass models say

Chappy13 and Brook! like this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dear God. I don’t usually ask for favors but please let it snow at least 24 inches for my big bro @CBG

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook I appreciate it but watch what you ask for as I will not take the blame if it happens ---> I have been lighting candles , saying novenas , and whispering like a mad man ---> winter aint over we have a long ways to go

Brook! likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay and others we have been on life support but IT AINT dead yet,,,,,models are still trying to come around = lots of time

17. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I'm getting married 2/16, in north eastern Nassau county. Shows some potential for snow. Anything I need to be worried about?

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Congratulations my friend. I know nothing about weather but we have resident gurus @jaywayne12 @FJF and @CBG to help you out. :)

CBG likes this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Plenty to worry about, none weather related

Fred Mertz and CBG like this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

priceless LOL-----and yes the long range models see a storm for the 15th and 16 th but they have been wrong all season