Super bowl LIII Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by SOXXX2, Jan 21, 2019.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

3. jetophile

I also read Julian Edelman won MVP. Did Nantz mention that he's the only NFL player after a four-game suspension for steroids to win?

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Definitely. As much as Jim Nantz fellates the Patriots, the average person is bored of them. More than half of the Super Bowls since 2001-02 have featured the Patriots. Most dynasties fizzle out before the average person gets too tired of them. Even the dominant Bulls teams of the 90s lasted less than a decade. That said, the Patriots are also not all that exciting to watch either. They haven't appeared all that dominant for years now and yet they keep managing to win.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I agree but ref should have called pass interference. Cooks had this left arm held down.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Is it necessary to promote steroid use to enhance performance? Now everyone is going to do it.

7. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

I keep saying that Brady is a juicer. He's 40 and he doesn't get hurt and miss games. He doesn't look like he's declining like the younger Ely Manning. It was the same with Lance Armstrong.

And it wasn't that the Patriots defense was great. They're not. The Rams were awful. Goff was horrible. Their defense and running game got them to the Super Bowl. So they decided to outsmart themselves and put the game in Goff's hands instead of Gurley. That's why the lost.

WarriorRB28 likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sildenafil isn't a steroid. Testing indicates it does increase testosterone.

9. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

10. jetophile

Haha, that reminds me of what my Mom used to say: "If everyone jumped off a cliff (sometimes a bridge, depending where you're from) would you do it, too?" That used to get me so irritated because I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer. It was mostly about smoking cigarettes, and whoever wants to admit that their mother was right? I'm embarrassed to.admit how old I was when I started smoking.

Going on 25 years this July that I crumpled the pack for good and said fck this, slave no more. And I was a really heavy smoker. It was three years of hell until one day I realized I wasn't thinking about smoking anymore and I knew that I made it. Chantix (a drug that can cause suicidal ideation and cause psychotic breaks ===> shame on Ray Liotta for promoting this poison that should be banned by the FDA, btw), nicotine patches, nicotine gum, get the F outta here. All crutches. Make a commitment, suffer like hell, and earn that badge of victory. My BIL who still smokes and has about 30 failed attempts over the last 30 years because he doesn't want to quit more than he wants to continue gsve me one of his patches for my first 24 hours. I tore it off after 3 hours and threw it in the garbage, partly because I felt like I was going to have a heart attack,; but I also felt it was just another way to keep me hooked. If it's not a cold turkey situation that could harm you or potentially kill you without medical intervention then suck it up.

My only regret is that I didn't give my cigarette habit a proper burial. I had 15 cigarettes left in the pack when I crushed and destroyed. I should have chain smoked them one after the other, lol.

Didn't mean to derail, but if anyone wants some quitting smoking help/tips, PM me. Smoking was woven into the very fabric of my life, and of course it increased while painting because who doesn't smoke when they're painting with Cadmium Red Deep on the cigarette filter? Coffee and cigarettes were my main fuel and a general staple of my diet. I probably have more lead in my body than some kid with Pica eating paint chips off the wall. July 22nd,1995 game over. Maybe.I should start a thread about it to annoy FJF. To be clear about it, he's never busted on me for starting extraneous or redundant threads, it's just that he hates them.

What was this about again? The game. Right. l'll never watch it.

K'OB likes this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Does anyone read jetophile’s posts clear through?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I agree that something is up with Brady.

It's unnatural.

I agree about the Pats defense too.

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I don't think Brady is a juicer, he is just benefiting from the rules that don't allow QBs to be hit, and he is well protected. He doesnt throw the deep ball as much, his offense is shorter passes. I think we will see a lot more QBs play into their 40s now to, Brady will just be the pioneer of it. Look at Drew Brees, he is still playing pretty good, as good Brady and will be 40 this season.

Look around the league to, Philip Rivers is still playing good (other than that playoff game). Ben Roethlisberger, EVERYONE said he wouldn't make it past his mid 30s, he is now 36, just had a 5000 yard season, and looks healthier than he did earlier on.....

Its good and bad, hopefully the Jets can get 20 years out of Darnold. Imagine?!!? 20 years.....20 years.

NYJetsO12 and mute like this.
  14. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I've never been impressed with Goff. His throwing mechanics and field vision leave a lot to be desired; they're not horrible, but I certainly wouldn't have drafted him #1 overall. He's a good game manager who can be trusted not to make too many dumb mistakes, but I don't think he's the field general QB that elite teams really need in today's NFL. He's good enough that he'll keep the Rams relevant for the next few years as long as they have a good O-line and running game. But I really didn't see him leading the Rams to victory.

15. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Yup. He threw late and missed an easy touchdown. And that interception should have been a touchdown if it was thrown properly. He took some horrible sacks. He basically shat the bed.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I used a vape for two years and then quit after smoking for nearly 21 years, worked for me been 5 years since a ciggy and obviously 3 years of no vaping and it doesn't bother me in the slightest not having one or being around other people who still smoke, very lucky :)

Above everything else you have got to want to stop or plainly you just will not and either never try or keep restarting smoking at a later date, I will never smoke again :)

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Clemson got McDonald’s hamburgers at the White House. Will the Patriots get Little Caesar’s Hot-N-Ready???

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

That was so strange.

There was one play early in the game where the Patriots linemen beat the o-line so badly he was almost in the backfield while the lineman hadn't even got out of his stance yet!!

Another later in the game where it looked like the entire Rams o-line got beat on the same play it was a jailbreak!!!

Royal Tee likes this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Chappy13, Antoni and Linebacker712 like this.
  20. jetophile

Good luck with that, pal. It's like reading 'War and Peace' by Tolstoy and 'Life and Fate' by Grossman in the same sitting.