Super bowl LIII Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by SOXXX2, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I forgot you were in charge around here. Please accept my apologies for posting something you didn't like. How inconsiderate of me. :rolleyes:

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Julian Edleman. First player in NFL history to win the superbowl MVP after being suspended for steroids earlier in the year. If there was ever a more patriot thing, it is that. In baseball they dont let you participate in the postseason...

NYJetsO12, dogg, K'OB and 1 other person like this.
  3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I hope Brady and Belichick stick around just long enough for us to stick it up their ass, just once.
    "Sort of petty" is a bit of an understatement. How far up the Jets @ss does he need to stick it before he feels fully vindicated?? Haven't the Jets and their fans suffered enough at this point?

NYJetsO12, K'OB and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Obviously Gurley has a serious injury and Kupp was out. The Rams were severely limited on O. NO would have put up a much better fight.

Got to give the Pats credit for 2 things. They have a cheap QB and a cheap No. 1 WR who is one of the best in the game. They know how to use their cap better than anyone and they certainly know how to develop players in an era where coaches are severely limited by the CBA. It's astounding what they have done with player development.

NYJetsO12, K'OB and sackexchange like this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Brook, no disrespect, but locking that other thread is a total bitch move. You had to expect some return fire, take it like a man.

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not a bitch move. Your first point is accurate. I don't want to let Pats fans gloat and forum members respond to them and end up getting bans. Will open once the dust settles down.

dogg and johnny like this.
  7. sackexchange

You just nailed what is one of the biggest factors in their success - player development. Something the Jets have been sorely lacking in. People always wonder, do the Patriots succeed at picking great players or do they make their players great. I think it's the latter, big time.

Guys like Amendola, Danny Woodhead and Wes Welker amounted to approximately jack-shit before and after their time in NE.

Forget Brady retiring. I need Belichick to retire and I pray that Josh McDaniels is not the second coming.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Im starting to feel like its just over.Theres literally no good that can cone over the next 30 years that can make up for how horrible this team has been & how invincible this turncoat vindictive piece garbage’s teams have been & all the shots hes taken while we’re down.

You win bill.Time to follow indoor lacrosse.Anyone but the fucking boston team

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You are correct as usual

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

It's really what makes great organizations. Player development. I can't imagine that the Jets have hit on bust after bust after bust in the draft year after year. How is it that during the Mangini years the Jets suddenly ended up drafting a lot of quality players and then during the Rex years it turned to crap? Sure, probably Mangini was way better at talent evaluation, but maybe he also learned a thing or two about how to develop players. The Jets have been crap at it for almost my entire life. Maybe on a different team Mark Sanchez wouldn't have been the bust he ended up being, but with the Jets they had a bunch of crap personnel for offensive development and he ended up being garbage (sorry to all of the Season 1 & 2 Mark Sanchez defenders). It takes really special players to end up being great in such an organization. The best organizations can take those players who have raw potential and would have busted on other teams and turn them into good or even great players.

However, the Patriots are peculiar in that too many of these guys end up sucking or at least drop off once they leave. I'm curious to see if Belichick retires when Brady goes and if not, whether the success continues.

11. sackexchange

Another team that excels at PD - the Steelers! It always amazes me that they have this revolving door of All-Pro players. They may lose Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell and it's no big deal because they have stud players right behind them that won't miss a beat.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  12. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

This was Brady’s worst Super Bowl performance and he ends up with a ring. He was far better in his 3 defeats, Bottom line it’s still a team game. Patriots defense had been coming together and the game plan was solid. Defense can still win championships even n today’s NFL when you can get to the championship games!

CJLang, NYJetsO12 and Acad23 like this.
  13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's funny you heard nothing but praise for McVay all season long, but he showed his true self yesterday.

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I still put an asterisk since it should have been the Saints they faced.

15. sackexchange

True but they can’t control who they play. And the Rams looked like the best team in the league for a while this year.

But 100% Brees and the Saints would have given them a better fight yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Hammer likes this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

This is why as a Nets fan, I feel good about their future. The HC is all about developing players, which makes it less imperative to land a top 5 pick during the rebuild. It's easier to enjoy this season even when I know their ceiling is 44 wins and the 6th seed.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Maybe he forgot.

Can you blame him?

Some days I wish I could forget I'm a Jets fan.

Oh...the pain!!!

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Brady must be due a 50% share in Kraft after playing for virtually free all his career :rolleyes:

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yeah, because that would be fun. I welcome the gloating.

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I went for a great hike with my dog, then took him to play with his best friend across the street (my neighbors dog, they're glued at the hip). He was already filthy and covered in mud so what the hell. After a nice dinner, I put on my PJs and my Sock Monkey slippers and settled in for a double feature Vincent Price schlockfest. Great way to spend a Sunday all around.

Yep, I stayed true to my word and didn't watch. I flicked on the news a little after 11 only to find out the inevitable. The score surprised me but not the outcome. Reading through this thread, it was an easily winnable game but Goff folded like a cheap suit and went all Christian Hackenberg. The Cheats also got some unconscionable flags, what else.

I taped it just in case, but hold on a second . . . DELETE.

K'OB likes this.