[2019 - 2020] NY Knicks Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Sam Hammer, Oct 18, 2018.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Gecko----every single Knick fan I know was doing handstands and cartwheels when Phil Jackson was hired ! Did Dolan make a gazillion mistakes ? Did Isiah blow ? Is Dolan an A -hole ? Yes ,Yes and Yes. But I think you guys are putting our beloved Johnsons a wee bit too high on the food chain. I think the bar has been set SOOOOO LOW for Jet fans that we accept mediocrity ( if and when we actually are able to achieve it ) as some type of success.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

I've been doing a lot of reading lately and so many rumors point to NY going after both Kyrie and Durant and even Davis.

Can you imagine a trio of Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant and Anthony Davis?

I've gotten my hopes up one too many times but this could end up very promising for this long time suffering Franchise.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He’s the Terry Bradway of the knicks.

Since1969 likes this.
  4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

The Johnson's have nothing to do with 50 years of futility.

Blame them for what they've done since 2000.

And THAT was not getting a franchise QB. Luck, not bad management.

I want a SB but I'd also kill for the Fins success of the Marino years--year in and year out contending for the playoffs.

Do you realize what a shit show the Pats organization was before Brady?

We got our guy--if @Brook! hasn't band me by 2029 we'll look back on this as the golden era of Jets football.

And he's gunning to band me.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Rollo has been band for 1 year due to his attack on a moderator.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's too early to tell if Chris is better than Woody. If Gase sucks he'll be worse.

Brook! likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

*banned.
    You had it wrong right their,they’re,there

Brook! likes this.
  8. Rollo Tomassi

Was that wrong?

Should I not have done that?

I gotta tell ya I gotta plead ignorance on this thing.

If someone had told me when I started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, well...

Brook! likes this.
  9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

well to be clear, a substantial portion of Knick fans are just as big an idiot as Dolan so that's not saying much :p

Those people were happy Phil the Coach was here, then found out he was actually Phil the occasional Geometry Teacher and when he did show up to class the kids were throwing paper airplanes at him

Brook! and FJF like this.
  10. GordonGecko

I think Kyrie is a lock to sign here, he wanted a trade to the Knicks even before we cleaned house. Question is if KD can be persuaded to help us build. I would have said no way but all the chatter around the league is the Knicks have a shot unlike other years when everyone around the NBA was laughing that the Knicks had a shot at anyone like LeBron, so where they're smoke there's often fire

FJF likes this.
  11. Rollo Tomassi

Was that wrong?

Should I not have done that?

I gotta tell ya I gotta plead ignorance on this thing.

If someone had told me when I started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, well...

Brook! likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

For what it's worth that substantial portion of idiot Knicks fans included you.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You want to know the sad part of this Knick pain = If Bernard King does not get hurt or better yet if they THOUGHT FOR a minute that he would come back healthy from that ridiculous injury then him and Ewing might have played together and possibly this story has a different plot

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

That would be sick, but squeezing them all under the cap would be difficult, KD & Kyrie would have to take a discount. It also guarantees the Knicks 1st rounder this year is traded plus those other future firsts. I don't see Perry moving those picks.

In an interview today he said that he is purposely accumulating picks to build the team and likes having 7 firsts in 5 years. I doubt he suddenly reneges on that philosophy. He's in it for the long haul, so I am having doubts about getting Davis here.

Either way, I love the idea of KD & Kyrie teaming up with the first round pick, Knox, DSJ, Robinson and the other young guys. It won't cost them their future and they can still remain competitive while continuing to utilize the draft to build. Davis coming gives us a window, but a short one. I still very highly doubt they both agree to come to the Knicks of all places, to me that is a pipe dream.

For what it is worth, Perry dodged a question about whether he had inside information that players were interested in coming to the Knicks prior to the Kristaps deal. Obviously it would be tampering if he said anything, but you never know.

#74 Sam Hammer, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Story time = 2001 -->I am standing outside 85 Broad Street and Charles Smith comes walking by,,,I say hows it going he says hi,,,,,,I say I still can't believe you did not dunk it he says "WHAT ? " ---> I say " you know you should have dunked it right ? " -------> Charles Smith says " yeah but my wallets fat "-----------> I said " yeah but you don't have a ring " he laughed it off was a decent guy . Actually saw him again walking up the street a few weeks later and when he saw me he smirked and said "oh no not you again" and we both laughed.

FJF likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Meh I disagree. Woody would want specific players to win backpages. Chris 2 off-seasons in, I don't get that impression of him. That is already a win for me.

Woody was, is and will always be a asshat. Chris seems much more grounded in his decision making.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

Chris kept Mac even though Mac was just as culpable as Bowles. Then he hired Gase, who's a pretty controversial guy. A huge part of the decision came down to the interview, which we don't know about, so we can't properly evaluate how good the hire was. But if Gase fails, and he may fail spectacularly, then Chris <<< Woody. At least Woody gave us Herm and Rex, who both won playoff games here.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Chris didn't hire Bowles. This is Chris's first actual hire. They gave Bowles a shot, and Chris made the right call. Gase while controversial, is the type of coach the fans wanted. Young, and offensive minded.

Chris's story has just begun, but his mind-set right now, much preferable over Woody

19. HomeoftheJets

I didn't say Chris hired Bowles. I said he kept Mac, who I think should have been fired. Then he and Mac hired Gase, who while young and offensive-minded isn't what the fans wanted. Most of the fans, at least per the TGG poll, preferred Monken. So considering Woody has had success in the past, if Chris screwed this up, he's worse than Woody.

20. GordonGecko

hahaha yes, please kill me