[2019 - 2020] NY Knicks Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Sam Hammer, Oct 18, 2018.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

And for what reason ya know? The 8 - 10 game stretch where he avg 30+ PPG? He hasn't done anything outside of that. He's missed nearly 65% of the games in his career.

CBG likes this.
  2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

He’s a unicorn.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

KP being a little bitch on his way out the door

4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I just don't know why the guy was so hellbent on leaving. I thought his beef was with Phil Jackson, but for some reason he is still bitter. You'd think he'd at least give it a chance.

CBG likes this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Knicks are one of the most dysfunctional franchises in professional sports. The Jets look like the Patriots compared to the Knicks.

Porzingis came in during the Carmelo Anthony era, took one look around and knew things were going to be tough. Then he lived through the Phil Jackson correction and likely realized the Knicks were never winning anything and started to look for outs. He's a Laker's fan BTW. That's probably where he really wanted to go.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Indigestion gives you boners.... that you havent had in 20 years? who needs blue pills, bring on the taco bell :eek:

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Pretty much this..... It's really hard for me to get excited about ANYTHING the Knicks do these days, as I just anticipate failure.

8. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Let's be thankful. If Woody hadn't bought the Jets, Dolan was next in line. My persistent nightmare, which causes me to wake up in a cold sweat, is that Hal Steinbrenner will sell the Yankees and Dolan will buy them.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

No offense 69 but we all can see what a wonderful job Johnson has done since buying this franchise. Looks to me like you are comparing apples to apples.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Woody is much better than Dolan and it ain’t close.

11. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

To be fair, Phil did many things to put the franchise on the right track. For starters, since Phil arrived Dolan has been hands off. That was always the biggest issue. Sure, there may have been internal conflict between the coaching staff, but for the first time in a while the knicks have draft picks and now have cap space. Surely the THJ and Noah contracts were awful, but it has only been 4 seasons since the 2015 draft. No sensible knicks fan expected to be a contender since then. It was always going to be a lengthy rebuild.

Golden state wasn't an amazing franchise when Curry arrived, nor were they very successful in his first few years. Curry didn't force his way out like KP did. KP just seems like a punk with no credibility at this point.

#51 IBLEEDGREEN17, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Sam Hammer likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Chris Johnson (interim) is better then both of them.

Sam Hammer, stinkyB and FJF like this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Would have loved to see K.P balling out with say a Zion Williams and a Kyrie Irving or god forbid a Kevin Durant. Oh well.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

An offseason of Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant and Zion Williams.

Or...

An offseason of Kyrie Irving, Anthony Davis and RJ Barrett.

Would be incredible.

But as an NY fan. I'm just tired of getting my hopes up and wishing and hoping. Same thing. Every year. Same results.

Yea i really liked Dennis Smith Jr. a lot coming out reminded me of a R.Westbrook type of athlete but as of right now i just feel as if we lost K.P.

15. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me what Steve Mills has ever done to merit being the Knicks president? No matter how bad the failures on the court, this guy stays.

16. GordonGecko

He's just Dolan's yes man. Fortunately for everyone, he's also Perry's yes man.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You guys can disagree all you want OR I with you but all I can say is again you are comparing apples to apples. Dolan made many mistakes too many to count but at least he brought in Phil Jackson , and the fact that Jackson was a putz is not Dolans fault as Knick fans were doing handstands when Phil was hired. If you guys really want to play the who is worse game then as someone else said, I will throw the Wilpons into the mix. So you have 3 major sports teams owners in NY that all suck and Woody and his bro are included. The Mets ,Jets and Knicks are all mismanaged, If you want to say Woody or Christopher are better than the other 2 guys thats fine but IMO its like saying I only need 1 wisdom tooth pulled or 1 root canal instead of 2 = it still sux

18. GordonGecko

Of course it's Dolan's fault it was more of the decades same "get the biggest name" not the most appropriate guy. Jackson had no front office experience, he was a coach who's style is out of touch with the modern NBA. Jackson didn't even want to come here, Dolan went out of his way to throw money at him and then he let Jackson make a terrible draft pick BEFORE firing him.

Come on man, GTFO that was all Dolan's fault. He's lucky Mills has a brain to let Perry run the show or there would be absolutely no hope

FJF likes this.
  19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

The Wilson’s and Dolan are geometrically worse.

The Johnson’s biggest failing is never getting a franchise QB, and by and large that was due to bad luck. The rest is just noise.

If Sam is who we think he is, in 10 years we’ll be hailing them as the best owners in NY.

FJF and CBG like this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Rollo no offense but the Johnsons biggest failing IMO is not just never getting a franchise QB,,,,go ask Dan Marino about Super Bowls. The Jets have been a train wreck for 50 years.