Super bowl LIII Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by SOXXX2, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Stellar analysis! :D

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Sam Hammer

If the Eagles could beat them last year, the Rams can do it this year. Unfortunately Tom Brady has been playing out of his mind and Goff will need to have a hell of a game.

In my heart, they have a chance, but in my head the Patriots will win because of Brady's experience in comparison to Goff, like what happened to Mahomes on Sunday. :(

I also couldn't believe that the Patriots open up as an underdog with the betting lines. That has since changed since because literally everyone was betting that.

sackexchange likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Robey-Coleman collides with Edelman and knocks him out ..Gronk triple teamed...Brady runs in circles....Rams win SB (Book It)

4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Mahomes didn't have Gurley. I don't know what happened to him in the NFC championship game it's scary he's coming off that game into this game against this team.

The Rams can't win this game without Gurley having a big game IMO.

The Rams have the talent necessary to win this game they might be the most talented team in the league but it takes more than that to beat New England as we've seen many, many times since 2001.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Rams can win this game if they do the following. Easier said than done I know.

I'll keep it simple I won't come up with a gameplan because I have no idea how to do it that's what they get paid the big bucks to do.

It's a simple concept.

We've all heard how Belichick takes away what teams want to do, takes away their best player(s) blah blah blah blah then we see how the Pats players do whatever they want to do against the other team.

Bosa was invisible against them. Belichick took away Tyreek Hill for much of the game. Mahomes did nothing until after halftime.

The Rams best players have to play their best games of the season and they have to bring it for four quarters plus if necessary. That's it. If they do that they can win this game.

6. Sam Hammer

I agree, Gurley will need a big game, and establishing the run will be huge in keeping the ball out of Brady's hands. The defense will also need to put consistent pressure on Brady and keep him on his back.

7. dogg

dogg Member

And after all the attention the missed call in NO is getting, can you imagine how many PI calls TB will get as league retribution against the Rams?

8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I think the Pats win easy, I don't see Rams getting any calls. I dont think the league would want the Rams to win this whole thing at this point.

Cman68 likes this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yeah, its not like the Rams ever get any calls

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Haha. I'm 25% inclined to think the refs blatantly let that fly because the Cheats have a better chance to win vs. the Rams than vs. the Saints. It's just bullshit. It was Sean Payton's game to lose and he lost it, but that was just so mind blowingly bad. I blew off three invites to SB parties because I just can't do it (including my usual staple). The refs have no clue how to enforce the Rodgers Rule (which is completely stupid in the first place) but call RTP on Cheat Brady when all that happened was that he got breathed on, I am so done. If anyone thinks Sam Darnold is getting that call, good luck, Maria.

Shoe Booty got helmet to helmet during the regular season, no yellow. I'm not claiming conspiracy on any level here, that's just stupid; but c'mon now, how the fck is that RTP? Anyway, Happy Trails! Meaning happy skiing. Long hike for me on the docket, and I've decided on my horror movie choice: Vincent Price double feature to avoid and ride out this crap fest. Fck the NFL.

^Like a fine wine, this only gets better with age.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

Wow that is serious, that spread sounds pretty tempting. Maybe show up to make a plate the take it home to catch up on punisher season 2?
    I probably won't watch, although I know someone in the house will have it on and I will probably catch snippets.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Usually, I do one or two of the above. Was leaning towards pulled pork. Just can't bring myself to put in the effort this year for the SB. I'll just depend on family to call when the commercials are on. Halftime show is definetly out.

NYJetsO12 and GreenfiendNYJ like this.
  13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

14. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I’m not watching this.

I’ll do what I’ve done the last few years. I’ll DVR it, and find something better to do. If I hear that it turns out badly, I’ll just delete it.

15. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Me too. Don't even bother DVR'ing. If you have NFL Network they'll replay it a dozen times.

I plan on enjoying my Sunday and finding something else to watch Sunday night. At this point, it's become a normal routine on SB Sunday. I will miss those commercials though.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  16. NYJetsO12

No cooking for me either. By the time SB Sunday rolls around I ll have enough ROFO Points to get a bucket of Royal Farms Chicken which gourmet eats here in DE

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hey, Royal Farms chicken ain't bad if you get it fresh...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I am going that route as well. Fug this chit. I'm watching 'The Fall of the House of Usher' (Vincent Price), and 'Tales of Terror' (with Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, and Basil Rathbone). I won't even be checking the score until I know that sham is over.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

Ahahahahah

Lets put it this way there is little going on in DE except chicken trucks clogging up the roads...Mountaire and Perdue have big operations here

So fresh is an understatement

Cman68 likes this.
  20. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

No offense to anyone here and I'm not trying to be a jerk. However, IMHO if you're a fan of the Jets and the NFL - you watch ther Super Bowl. It's as simple as that. I don't care care who is playing in it. If you devote that much time on this board you owe it to yourself to watch the ultimate game of the year.

If you don't want to host or go to a Super Bowl party - I'm fine with that. We won't be hosting one for four years straight now. However, take this like a man (or woman) and buckle up. It ain't the end of the world - even if the Pats win.

My suggestion, turn off Sports Radio and TV for the next week and then turn on the Super Bowl just before game time. Mute the TV and get the audio from the local Los Angeles radio station that covers the Rams. Root like hell for the Rams and should the Pats win then forego Sports Radio and TV for another week or so.

Most people have to go to work the next day so you will likely have to talk about it for a while if it's brought up in conversation. No big deal. It doesn't affect your real life. Yes, I understand it's harder if you live in New England.

Keep in mind I hate the Patriots and my wife and kids - through no fault of my own I assure you :) - do too. I am also in the group of Jets fans that have it the worst. I was born in the early sixties - too young to remember SB3, but old enough the crappy teams of the entire 70's.

Like others here, l'm old enough to remember the Bills interception in the endzone after an almost incredible comeback in the playoffs; the muddy debacle in Miami in January 1983; the meltdowns against the Browns and the Broncos; Bryant's missed FG against the Steelers; the sh*tting the bed in the second half against the Colts and the first half vs. the Steelers; and then the last eight years of ineptitude.

Simply put, I have seen it all (and by the way - the buttfumble is the most overrated play in Jet history). That being said, you have to put yourself through the ordeal of watching the Big Game. You owe it to your Jet fandom.

Sorry for the length of the post. It was not meant to deride anyone who thinks differently, but to implore all to stay the course. If the Jets end up hoisting the VLT at some time in the future, watching this year's SB (even with the Pats) will make that win that much sweeter. Trust me.

That being said, if you still want to skip this SB then half kiddingly suggest a self-imposed two week band on this website after the game.

Oh and by the way.......F*ck the Patriots!!