Conference Championshp weekend

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJ79, Jan 13, 2019.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yet Mahomes was thrown hard into the turf twice, no call. Brady gets touched in the chest, absolute BS, and he gets the call.

2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Would it be out of line if I prayed for the destruction of the entire human race?

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Nah, just a waste of breath.

4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

No doubt.

But can't get shutout in the first half 38 or something like that of total yards of offense in the first half AT HOME when the home team has a explosive record offense and expect to beat the Patriots.

The Chiefs choked. It started with Andy deferring, ended with him settling for a game tying FG with 11 seconds left instead of going for the W one last time in regulation. Reid didn't fully believe in his team and Mahomes wasn't ready to start the game.

LAJet likes this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree completely. I'm not sure if Mahomes was ready at the start, but to me the whole team looked flat and out coached during the first half. Reid was clearly outsmarted by BB.

6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Reid outsmarted himself. He showed no confidence in his team or his home field advantage.

How in the world could he defer to start that game? Who other than Reid didn't KNOW that Brady would take the Pats right down the field and put the Chiefs in a hole right away?

I don't think the Chiefs defense played that bad they played better than anyone could expect a #31 ranked unit to play against Brady and co. They made some big plays picked Brady twice almost got a third that would've ended the game but the guy was in the neutral zone, they got that stop on 4th and 1.

That loss was on Reid for deferring and Mahommes and.co no show first half and Mahomes missing other throws throughout the game and not being able to consistantly sustain drives.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Take Brady's balls out of your mouth for once (and stop pretending you aren't a Pats fan troll)
    He threw a pick there in the biggest spot in the game and caught a major break (again) on that flag.
    He didn't see anyone jump he did not know it was a free play at all.

If not for that massive break we'd all be talking about his 3 picks and how he had a poor game.

8. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Biggs, if you look carefully, you will see the prayer post was done before the game. Had I done this during or after the game, then yes that would have been over the top.

Before the game, I did not expect the Pats to win this game. I like many other Pats fans thought that the Chiefs plus their home field advantage would be too much. I was wrong about the outcome of the game and this is not the 1st time the Pats have proven me wrong.

Also, the actual prayer I quoted was from a Pats fan from Brazil, so not sure where she got this prayer. If she made this prayer up herself I better give her credit here. Also not sure if some of the passages may be a little off going from Portuguese to English. Nothing worse than a scorned woman LOL. I thought the prayer was cute and very funny. Any person who is offended better get a life, my God.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

In fairness to Dee Ford he played his ass off yesterday in incredibly tough conditions. The Pats had double the TOP that the Chiefs had. The d was on the field all day. Ford played D on 80 plays.

The Pats owned the clock and in a game of attrition that beats up defenses and defensive players. The Chiefs never gave the D a blow. Even when they were scoring they weren't eating clock.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If you don't think it was a low class move why are you trying to justify it
    Shouldn't you be breaking out your Tom Brady Knee Pads for the parade?

KurtTheJetsFan and BrowningNagle like this.
  11. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Jetophile I might be old and dotage may be setting in on me. But I still think I am somewhat normal.

I would argue that unlike you and many other people, I don't follow the crowd and I am more of an independent thinker.

Red Sox fans who hated the Yankees so much in the past, did not seem to think it was a big deal beating the Yankees in the playoffs this year. Their obsession and hatred of the Yankees finally got closure when the Red Sox finally starting winning a world series.

So sorry to offend you, but your obsession and hatred of the Patriots probably needs closure with the Jets winning a Super Bowl and being more successful. Until then perhaps you are the troubled person, not me?

Look at some of your recent posts. I might not be a Dr. Phil, but I see a very depressed and angry person. If giving me crap makes you feel better, then, by all means, do so.

Just remember, you come to this world with nothing and you leave this world with nothing. So what is there to worry about?

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Patriot. Above quote is uncalled for. I defended you on this board and even took some Jets fans against me. Once you make things personal with Jets fans, it won't fly. Hate the Jets all you want. Call the Jets whatever you want. But if you attack a poster like this, you will be benched. You will be benched a week. Once you come back, please try not to make things personal.

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Haha, @Brook!. You benched him for a week? C'mon now, that's silly, it's fine. He just continues to expose himself at every turn. And he just exposed himself again. He's full of it, it's beyond obvious; but a week long cruise to the Bahamas IMO . . . ? Unless he gets kicked in the back overboard. I kid, I kid.

EDIT: Have brain damage, so my mild insult went over the club house, haha. Just let him keep hanging himself with his own rope. Works for me. @Dierking shits on him constantly.

#993 jetophile, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  14. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Unbelieveable that Patriot, who says he is a Jet fan, would think that a "prayer" to the Pats in a Jet forum would be welcomed. He states he posted before the game rather than during the game and he posted it because he thought that the Pats would lose - like either point makes a difference.

Then he says it's cute and funny and if you don't like it, it's your fault. While I actually have liked many of his takes in the past, his response in this matter is so illogical it's mind boggling. It's like Bizzaro world.

It would be interesting to see if he posted the "prayer" to a Pat's forum - where it would have belonged.

#994 johnny, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Being a Patriots fan and a Jets fan is like being a hermaphrodite: ayou're a cunt as a Pats fan and a dick with the "I luv 'em both" bullshit..

#995 joe, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Go back to your Queens, I hear one calling for you.

Not that theres anything wrong with that.....

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

You don't know that. It's ridiculous to think a QB with as much experience as Brady didn't see that flag fly.

18. BacktoQueens

He may have seen a flag but no one jumped offsides or anything so I find it hard to believe he would be confident enough that is was against the D to just lob one up.

He wasn't approaching that as a free play.
    Flag could have just as easily been against the offense. In a moment that big you wouldn't gamble.
    He just threw a shitty high pass and Gronk let it thru his fingers.
    They got really lucky with that flag.
    Was the third bad pick.

19. BacktoQueens

At least the other Pats trolls make it clear they are here garble balls.
    You think you are slick as chowda..

stinkyB likes this.
  20. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

No WAY that was a free play throw.

There is no way, even if he saw the flag, he would have any idea whether it was on the O or D, no way to know it was a free play.

He didn’t chuck it up down field, he threw a simple pass poorly.

HomeoftheJets and BacktoQueens like this.